Openbox S10 & Crossepg?

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Sold my old TM600 today on ebay and brought a new Openbox S10 for the spare room for the European channels from 13 / 19.2 east once i put the dish up (hopefully next weekend).

At the moment i've got a Dm800 downstairs running as the main receiver for 28.2 east and using Crossepg on this box which seems to work very well. Does anyone know whether Crossepg works on the Openbox S10?

Also any other worthwhile plugin's / addons to get for this receiver?

Thanks,

Darren

No plugins/addons for openbox. Crossepg dosent work

No crossepg - would be nice to have it, but on the upside the other half won't be able to see whats on so she won't be hogging the remote for this one :)

Seriously though, no plugins or addons at all?

Nada, Zilch, nothing.

It's a £60 box with basic functionality.

i dont think you'll be happy with it mate to be honest, i bought 1 expecting more than what i actually got, couldnt get half the hd channels working on mine, horrible interface for the channels, practically no epg whatsoever, i sent mine back to the seller from ebay using the 7 day returns policy, still waiting on refund now. however it is a very easy box to upgrade the firmware and get up and running, i just hated it from start to finish!

i mostly just want it to get 3 pm games on 13e / 19.2e and football in general so i don't have to get earache from the other half when i try to watch footy on S*y downstairs,lol. If the EPG doesn't work not the end of the world really, however if the HD channels wont work i'll end up sending mine back too.

Big-hol is the only one i know of that had problems with " hd channels" and some of these boxes are now clones so they might have inferior tuners I have had mine since august last year and all the hd channels have worked from the beginning I have problems with 11222 which is cbs action but as this is mainly repeats of old american programs i can live without that frequency

edogg

I have S9, S10 and HDX4 (X403p) receivers and all work well in HD.
Are you sure that your signal strength and quality are up to spec?

I have S9, S10 and HDX4 (X403p) receivers and all work well in HD.
Are you sure that your signal strength and quality are up to spec?
my signal strength was fine mate as iv got my vu+ duo using same feed, i think the tuner was just faulty on mine as at 1st they worked, then they didnt lol, its gone back now to the seller, if it had of worked fine, i would of been happy with it, as the channels that did work in hd the picture was spot on, think i just expected alot more then what the box actually offers, but for the price there a good 2nd box!

Just a small point for anyone thinking of the S9 or S10, the HDX4 or the X403P (same receiver really) have a much greater choice of software available. Also they have a SCART connection as well as the HDMI whereas the S10 has HDMI output only.

my signal strength was fine mate as iv got my vu+ duo using same feed, i think the tuner was just faulty on mine as at 1st they worked, then they didnt lol, its gone back now to the seller, if it had of worked fine, i would of been happy with it, as the channels that did work in hd the picture was spot on, think i just expected alot more then what the box actually offers, but for the price there a good 2nd box!

hi big-hol i think you were unfortunate and were sold a clone but very glad you are in the process of getting your money back because paypal will enforce the refund as you can say it was returned as faulty
by the way the s10 is supposed to have a plug and play tuner so it could be the connection causing the problems

edogg

Just a small point for anyone thinking of the S9 or S10, the HDX4 or the X403P (same receiver really) have a much greater choice of software available. Also they have a SCART connection as well as the HDMI whereas the S10 has HDMI output only.

any more info on the x403P what software is available, any screen shots or links to more information please?

hi big-hol i think you were unfortunate and were sold a clone but very glad you are in the process of getting your money back because paypal will enforce the refund as you can say it was returned as faulty
by the way the s10 is supposed to have a plug and play tuner so it could be the connection causing the problems

edogg
the numbers matched up for it not to be a clone though, never mind i got my refund today so im happy, gunna go back to my original plan and get a 800se once the funds clear back in my account!

keep us updated how that goes m8

edogg

have to agree with you jimmy got the orton hdx403p and is not a bad box for the money there is a good selection of software with diff gui out there and have diff media capabilities .its just the case of finding one with the look and feel you like and if going for the modded software pick the one with the right remote.
have you tried the nasscamnd feature yet jimmy as just wondering what this server is like

Been using my S10 since Tuesday as had a spare minidish put up and aligned to 13e. Quite happy with this receiver so far, little messing about needed and good pictures being received on all channels tried so far.

The hardest bit was getting the receiver to accept the clines from the USB stick. Turned out I had to use a capital "C" which I didn't do with the TM600 previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back