OpenATV 4.2 OEM DM800se

Right I am currently trying the following - Just installed the image again through the browser.
Initlized (formatted) hard drive and restart.

Installed flash expander from the plugins list and ran it and now currently rebooting....

Just rebooted, first thing I tried was to pause the channel and got a X icon, same with recording button.

Timeshift location: /media/hdd/timeshift

Instant record location: /mnt/hdd/instant recording.

When I try changing the timeshift location to /mnt/hdd/timeshift I get the follow warning -

'There might not be enough space on the selected partition. Do you really want to continue'

I select yes and then get the following error message -

'The directory /mnt/hdd is not a ext2, ext3, ext4, NFS, or CIFS partition.
Make sure you select a VALID partition.'

Mount Manager displays -

Device: /dev/sda1

Mount: /usr

Just rebooted, first thing I tried was to pause the channel and got a X icon, same with recording button.

When I try changing the timeshift location to /mnt/hdd/timeshift I get the follow warning -

'There might not be enough space on the selected partition. Do you really want to continue'

Mount Manager displays -

where are u getting the image? by default there no feeds installed so u wont be able to download the plugin list on a fresh install of openatv.

I got an error when using flashexpander on my hdd so i used my usb drive instead

@alimac, do u install your own flashexpander before installing feeds?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was using alimacs backup image of openatv...

What the size of your USB stick? I was thinking of getting a 64gb flash USB drive but thought it may not be sufficent if I am recording many movies?

feeds are available to download from latest gistroom image released

just grabbed image

size 59.3 mb before you even start with it

for me will be flashexpander to HDD before installing any plugins cams etc

feeds are available to download from latest gistroom image released

just grabbed image

size 59.3 mb before you even start with it

for me will be flashexpander to HDD before installing any plugins cams etc

Where is the image available?
When using your backup image, after a fresh install, I have used flashexpander firstly but still no joy...

Mount Manager displays -

did this ever get answered?

old post but are you needing help?

dunno if i should hijack this but its relevant @alimac

Im trying to partition the internal drive so that i have say 10gb for flashexpander and the remainder for storage for timeshifts and recordings.

Running OpenAtv 5.1 on a dm800se.

I have tried making the 2 partitions on windows then using eparted from plugins to format but it doesnt seem to format the 2 partitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
never tried with two partitions mate but would image would work

you could always move the extensions folder to usb/hdd would recommend on a fresh image

Its just that when you run flashexpander on the internal drive, you cant then use it for recording and timeshifts as it flags up that error I quoted.

I know I can use a USB pen to expand the flash then the internal for storage but im looking for a solution to simply use the internal drive without the need for a pen drive as well...

when i create the two partitions with windows and then format the two to fat32.

Plug it in to the dream and go to initialize it only as one drive listed. I would have thot there should be two?

you could try running a linux live on pc make multiple partitions on drive & try in box not sure you can achieve what you want mate to be honest if get the time i will try it

I got ubuntu on a live cd but I'm kinda lost how to use command based

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got ubuntu on a live cd but I'm kinda lost how to use command based

GParted should be in the live environment m8,that will partition and format it for you

Found a gparted live cd lying around so another step forward [emoji106]

Think it sorted. Just formatted 2 partitions to ext4 and then run flashexpander on one while the other is used for storage!

good job mate glad you got it

Back