Open box or Skyf1 box best for EPG

Black_Gold

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to get one of these boxes or something similar but would really like a working EPG.

Any suggestions.

Cheers.

I have tested the open box s9, s10, skybox s12, m3 and F3 and I think i am safe to say that their EPG is next to non existent because of low memory issues. I would suggest a linux box like the dreambox 800SE or VU-DUO if you must have such working and extended EPG.

Thanks any suggestions then ? guess you sussed I meant skyf3 box.

I already have a vu+ duo this is my 2nd box in the conservatory

if it doesnt have to be hd you could get a 500s clone or blackbox and stick commando on it that has a cracking epg

memory has nothing to do with it

I suppose the purpose of correcting a posters position is to educate the poster and others holding the same presumably fallacious opinion. Making an unsubstaciated opinion as you have made above is scarcely helpful because all you seem to have done is make another statement.

I have seen channels with 3 day epg and I have seen channels with no epg.It all depends on the provider and if/how they send the epg data on the stream.One provider I used to get before they went N3 had a generic epg and any receiver would get it.Another provider had a proprietary method and the firmware had to be tweaked for that provider.Memory has nothing to do with it.You could have 1GB of ram and still not get a 7day epg -which many provider supplied boxes won't even do.

Thanks slugworth for shedding more light on th EPG matter. I must confess I have learnt more....

One of my favorite providers actually had a channel on a transponder dedicated to just the epg data.

Hi all,

Looking to get one of these boxes or something similar but would really like a working EPG.

Any suggestions.

Cheers.
hello
blackgold

imo the tm5402hd is the best for the money on 125p
hope this helps

I thought to myself stop being tight and ordered a vu solo clone it cost about 100 delivered it should be here in the next day or two I already have a duo and am very happy with it.

I thought to myself stop being tight and ordered a vu solo clone it cost about 100 delivered it should be here in the next day or two I already have a duo and am very happy with it.

hello
black_gold

is the vu solo clone stable? do they have any problems, i did't know they where only £100 +pp
wots the epg like on them? can you view say 8 channels at one time or each channel separately, can you view the epg buy a epg button or do you press say yellow button then an other button?
i dont know anything about the box but im very intreaged to hear how they work.
thanks in advance for any help

I cant say as ive never used one before but I asume its much the same as a duo but the epg data will be stored on a usb stick in the back port. i think that should give me a full weeks epg and also now and next using black hole and cross epg please ? someone tell me if im wrong.

vu+solo, is a lot slower then its brother vu+duo, epg can be set to externl hard drive or a usb mounted in one of the two usb ports..epg is excltky the same as a vu+duo, gives full weeks listing depending on what epg provider you use, i use rytec and its a cracking epg, coolmans is also good but got use to rytec...its a single tuner, as im use to vu duo the remote response is much quicker then the solo, plus the solo i had was an original, dont know how a clone performs but judging by the clone duo that i had is uppose it may have some issues. i dont see how you can view 8 channels at any one time lol, you can record one channel and watch another as long as its on the same transoponder...hope that helps

Well the solo turned up today it already had blackhole on it so i just put a channel data file on it stuck a usb in and ccc.cfg file and no bother the remote works fine the epg works fine and can record what im watching so im very very happy with it.

Back