Status
Not open for further replies.
@ jaffa

righty tighty... lefty loosey

thats your problem pal

lol

Taff

I found the pic/joke quite funny.

I don't think it is racist because it isn't necessarily directed at all Arabs or Muslims.

The people involved in the airport incident where from that part of the world where camels have been used as a means of transport and the joke is implying that local people need some pointers on how to spot potential terrorists. So it is also a laugh at ourselves.

If the terrorists had been french then it would have been a bicycle with onions hanging from the handlebars.

I can also understand why some Muslims might be bothered by it because there is a fear of being lumped together with the terrorists because of similar racial and religious backgrounds.

Last edited:
I have read it again and again and the more I read the more I laugh.

Lets take a look at post#20 and read how scared Kartma6 was, and lets remember he was in another city when this happened. you have to read post #20. then read post #63 The guys a serviceman yes Kartma6 is a serviceman now go back and read post #20, Now I bet your glad he's not in your platoon, I am .

OK Kartma6 I can see the pc guys thanking each other in the thread, you know kiss, kiss hug, hug but what's the real reason for your first comment and try and be honest please.

I have to disagree...I am neither a die hard racist or a PC fanatic. I thought your picture was funny thats all.

@tlogic....about your light bulb joke. I don't think that was funny at all m8, do you know how hard that was for us to turn that house, it was no laughing matter, I was knackered at the end of it.

No offence Jaffa I was just assuming the majority were centre road only a few north or south

Wow - just looked in here - this must count as the longest running thead in the 'fun and laughter' room...

As said before horses for courses. If you don't find something funny, ignore it and move on, as shouting the odds will not win over any opinions. There is moderation here (although not in the real world) for anything OTT but this wasn't by the general consensus of Scottish and Muslim posters.

Rather than blame stupid pictures for the (IMO pointless) war in Iraq, maybe you would be better to question the motives of the government. (but thats a different thread entirely ;))

Quite a few of my friends are police, and they deal with death in what would be considered 'un PC' ways. Jokes about BBQs with burnt bodies and 'candy flossing' when picking up entrails from railway lines would be considered sick to the outside world, but thats how they deal with their job.

As I said before horses for courses... and thats what makes British humor so diverse. God help us with the help of the PC brigade we'll be watered down into America* and irony and sarcasm will be a thing of the past...**

* This comment has no intent to offend anyone from the united states of america
** Not stating aforementioned joke contained these attributes

See what I mean?.... ;)

I'm really not sure what is happening to our once great country A post a little while ago (i think it was mairyhinge ) said it all .The british (true british) have allways had a sense of humour during troubled times Thats the way we cope with things The irish have been the butt of our jokes for centuries but now if we laugh at anything to do with the middle east we get shouted down !! Well i'm sorry but you will never take the british humour away from the british people . What these people who try to deny us our right to be british dont understand is that the more they try to stop us being the way we are the more likely we will vote in a political group like the BNP I dont want to be racist but it seems it's ok for us to laugh and joke about anyone including ourselfs as long as its not anyone from the middle east !!

I found this extract from a dying mans journal...Think he talks a lot of sense.

http://hudds53.wordpress.com/2006/12/09/dying-mans-daily-journal-7/

"We have become at least nervous or cautious talking to people in general. We are afraid of saying something politically incorrect. We are nervious that through even an innocent comment on our part we may offend someone., be it through their race, color , religion or what ever. About 99% of the people in the world are just nice ordinary people meaning and intending no harm to anyone. Lets all just take a big breath and relax and give people the benefit of the doubt. No one, well certainly not me anyway, is an expert on all religions and cultures. I may say inadvertantly say something that may be deemed offensive based on someone else’s beliefs, culture or what ever. Give me the benefit of the doubt, I meant nothing derogatory, just as I am sure comments made by the remainder of that 99% of the world are innocent with no harm intended. Lets all just relax and not take every thing so personally.

If some idiot that is included in the 1% (the1% that really are idiots) does make an offensive comment, he is the one with the problem, not you. It only becomes your problem if you let it.

We have taken this so far it has even limited our ability to laugh. We miss out on laughter because people are afraid to tell jokes. Now, I agree there are many jokes that are way over the edge and should never be told. Lets take ethnic jokes (again within the bounds of reason) many are funny, I laugh at the joke not the people. I have heard tons of Irish jokes, I am part Irish, I laugh at a good joke. I don’t take offence that someone is putting me down or the Irish as a people. They are telling a joke, intended to be funny not offensive. It is only offensive if I take it that way, and that way is usually not the way it was intended.

This site is intended as a serious one. I discuss a very serious topic. Today, I just want to lighten it up. I challenge everyone, hit me with your best joke. I will give you the ammo you need to hit me good hard and funny.

I am dying (go ahead and joke about it I won’t be offended), I am follically challenged (severely balding), I am to short for my weight, I am 5′ 10″ and for my weight I should be about 6′3″,( over over weight), I am Irish, I am male and I am Protestant. Now surely that is enough to come up with some good ones. Hit me with your best ones."

Wow just caught up with this thread and its till going lol

You've got to question the morality of people of preach PC on this forum. I mean one of the reasons they turned up here was to steal cable tv from their provider, cheat their broadband provider out of more bandwith or just try and get as much for free as possible.

Are these the same people that are now trying to preach morality & virtues to us?

Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties - It`s not big and it`s not clever.

Like it

I'm laughing at the last 2 posts without IanBBB's endorsement :Hit:, and would love those that do not have (or understand) a sense of humour, to stay away from this room. Or at least browse with no keyboard plugged in.

It's mostly all made up stuff you know! Its not real!!

They say "laughter is the best medicine". Well let me overdose on it, please!!

Anyone wishing to deprive me of this is a wasnotwasshoudlshoulddofnotenjoyedlifeacist.

So go look for miserablecoontdotcom or lighten up here ;)

Last edited:
I a new 2 DW, and have just sat down an read the whole thread, There are alot of people with very deep views, but that is not a bad thing, may be if people talk more the world would not be so messed up,

I am a woman, my partner is a black christian, my best friend is male arab and muslim, I have to keep them apart as my partner does not agree with my friends views as a muslim, eventhough alot of the views are the same. If they sat down and talked i think they would get on great.

This thread may be in the wrong place, but i dont think it is bad, we must all have our own oppinions but respect others, The world would b a boring place if we were all the same .:eater::eater::eater::eate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back