One for the Scottish Lads

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i find that a bit offensive

Really herbie, I think your comments like this are slightly ott. There are a lot of people living in scotland in minority communities, do you think they are all terrorists?

Unless the minority communities you are talking about ride around Glasgow on camels, I fail to understand your comment

Unless the minority communities you are talking about ride around Glasgow on camels, I fail to understand your comment

then what is the point of the picture? Are you implying that Scotland is under attack from camels?

FFS its a joke, just like the ones about all Irish are stupid, all blondes are stupid all scousers are criminals all scots are tight etc etc.

Nice pic Herbie :)

in that case, I dont get the joke.

Do you have a problem with stereotyping people in jokes?

If yes you better stay away from the fun & laughter room, if not then you will understand he is stereotyping a terrorist as a joke (hence its in the FUN & LAUGHTER ROOM).

Where are you when someone calls all blondes dumb? All Irish stupid? All Welsh sheep shaggers? All Scots tight? etc etc??

I'm Scottish & I ain't offended. Maybe if I was a camel.............
It's a joke FFS, lighten up

A joke is defined as something humorous intended to provoke laughter.

I dont get the joke, so someone will need to explain it to me. All I see is a picture of a camel in a carpark with the tagline "how to tell if a terrorsist is at the airport". Maybe I am a little slow, I think I need someone to explain what is happening here to me.

I think I couldnt let it pass me by as I find it offensive.

come on m8 whats offensive a pic of a camel in a parking lot ..or the banner on the pic ... this is the fun & laughter room .. most would take it as a joke ..it seems to me that you are the one making a fuss over nothing and making out that its ment for other reasons ????

I think I couldnt let it pass me by as I find it offensive.

You obviously wandered in here by mistake, this is the "Fun & Laughter Room".

What is your agenda...what are you really trying to say?
I don't think by any means you are slow...I do think you are hinting are something else though.

@ Herbie.

Well done that man, ROFLMFAO

i am sorry, but i find it offensive.

at the start, i didnt see it was in the fun and laughter room - i was looking at new posts from the view new posts search. now this has been pointed out to me i not only find it offensive but not funny (althought I dont think that goes against forum rules).

karym, why do you find it offensive?

because when the failed attacks happend at glasgow i fucking shit myself (please excuse language), we had police crawling all over the place in edinburgh - the monday after we were all checked by armed police at the train station as well as having to go past sniffer dogs - everyone of us (in edinburgh it is very mutli cultural, so all types had to go through the process). The armed police didnt dissappear untill friday and the cars were checked every day by sniffer dogs.

i think we all know what the image and its text is trying to suggest, is this really the best thing to be doing? There have been a few posts made here (not specifically the fun and laughter room) that appear to have an overtly racist/bullying tone. At times like this we all need to be working together as a nation, not trying to pick holes in the fabric of all our communities and images like this foster a negative image of britain and the british.

i think i am just tired of seeing pictures like this, or hearing comments like this in the pub with a group of guys nervously sniggering and looking about them as they hear it. i thought it was about time someone stood up and made the point that the british are not some bunch louts making comments and images at the expense of others.

now, i dont want to get banned from here for having a different opinion to others (i have a strong suspicion it may go this way due to this thread), i also dont want to be branded as a whinger - i orginially came here to offer help and received help in turn. i have no problems with banter, i'm a spurs supporter so will gladly trade insults with the nearest arsenal supporter - the difference is when i see that it may cause harm to me or others around me i stop and let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back