On the telly....

What was Hilary Devey like in real life, i bet she looks hotter in the flesh than on the TV, did you get her number? Didn't have a crack at her then? ;)

sick, just sick... lol

What was Hilary Devey like in real life, i bet she looks hotter in the flesh than on the TV, did you get her number? Didn't have a crack at her then? ;)

You are on the front page anyway!

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Ffs Exos are you Bi? that has to be a bloke in drag surely?. :puke:

;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Im just having a laugh calm down dears.....

need to add in all seriousness good on you earwig least you had the bottle, you know what its like though lads rib each other over stuff im not trying to be cruel or have a pop. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Im just having a laugh calm down dears.....

need to add in all seriousness good on you earwig least you had the bottle, you know what its like though lads rib each other over stuff im not trying to be cruel or have a pop. ;)

I don't know whether to laugh at this or cry. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thommo your a naughty boy! :D good on ya Craig was great to see you on the TV having a go!

I still say you should have promoted 'secret santas sky server' lol

You followed a dream and ok it didn't come off this time and you've got a few sniggers, at least you had the balls to try! I wouldn't have! It's much better to have a pop rather than wonder what if! :)

It was all about the experience, not many people can say they have pitched in front of the Dragons.

Plus you will all be glad to know I'm putting Pull My Cracker to bed for the final time.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to keep searching for fame and fortune, but just got to think of a different way.

Would be nice if you could give us a we write up on how the full day went ie what goes on behind the scenes etc.

It was all about the experience, not many people can say they have pitched in front of the Dragons.

Plus you will all be glad to know I'm putting Pull My Cracker to bed for the final time.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to keep searching for fame and fortune, but just got to think of a different way.
Make sure you let us all know what your plans are next earwig. I am pretty sure most of the members on here would love to help you out. Good Luck mate and never give up, it's all for a good cause. :Clap:

Would be nice if you could give us a we write up on how the full day went ie what goes on behind the scenes etc.

I'll give you a bit of an insight.

I applied for Dragons Den, on a whim whilst looking for ways to promote Pull My Cracker. I didn't complete the form fully as it was really based around businesses, but I added a comment 'If you ever think of filming a Christmas Episode'. I had no idea my idea would be chosen, let alone featured (albeit briefly) on the show. In 2011 after hearing nothing I began promoting the song myself, after finding the Send Ollie to St Louis fund I decided it would be nice to donate the funds raised to a worthy cause. Any way last Xmas came and went and then in April 2012 just before Easter I received a phone call on my mobile from the BBC. It was an Assistant Producer from Dragons Den, she said they were interested in my idea but wanted to see my Business Plan. Of course at that moment I had no Business Plan, so asked if I could have the Easter holidays to prepare a Business Plan. She agreed and I set to work.

I first decided how much money I thought I would need. I anticipated £50k would be a good start in order to re-record the song professionally, create a video and market the track. I listed some historical info I found on the net about Christmas themed tracks, including the Military Wives from last years No. 1. Anyway to my surprise, after Easter I was invited to 'audition' my pitch to the assistant producers in London. I agreed and a few days later after preparing a 'pitch', set off for London (White City). I went in and basically did my pitch and it was recorded along with a brief interview and that was then sent to the Producers to watch and decide if they felt it would be entertaining, after all the Christmas episode is really more about entertainment than actual business ideas or so I thought. The next stage was Due Diligence where I had to provide evidence that the song was copy-written by myself, I held the rights to the Intellectual Property, and any evidence of previous sales figures etc. As my idea was less conventional this was quite difficult but I put together what I could.

Again a few days later I received another call saying the Producers were really excited about my idea and would like me to give my pitch to the Dragons, but in the recently created studios in Manchester, Salford. My hotel and expenses were all covered and the date was set 2 weeks later!

It was then I decided I needed to look more professional so found local fancy dress hire shop and rented a good Santa costume. Considering it was May I thought I might have been able to get it cheaper but had to pay full price.

TBC.....................

Last edited:
well done mate for having the courage to go up there to do your thing.don't think I could have done that.

Back