old 360 flash an new games

Partycan

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all,

its been a long time but iv'e just got my old xbox 360 out... i have 64 old copied games
that i did myself about 6 years ago or more lol..

? the thing is i want to download an burn some new games for it but have been told that will not work as the
dash and flash are to old...

someone has siad somert about i can use a patcher to patch the games so that they will work...

can anyone give some info ?

thanks to all

It is possible to patch XGD3 games to work on LT2.0 but not sure about any earlier firmware than LT2.0 so if you had your flash done from years back it might still not work. Also bear in mind this is not safe for playing online and will most certainly get your console flagged up for MS. Obviously if you have a console with either a Samsung or older Hitachi drive it night not be an issue.

Hi mate,

its a Liton drive MS 28 lol...never play online so that don't matter to me ...

i have abgx360 soft but carnt see the games working as the drive an flash is to old....

i also have the original dump file from year ago that was put on a disk but don't want try and flash it as the old games wonna work..
i have like 64 old games and they all work.

thanks for help

Samsung drives don't have AP2.5 checks, so I would say try at least to burn one XGD3 game and see if it works or not. You'll need either an ihas rev B drives flasheder with custom Burnermax firmware or a compatible drive to use with Burnermax payload tool (also built in by default in the latest ImgBurn software). Worst case scenario if you have to reflash your drive your old games XGD2 should still work.

Hi mate,

its a Liton drive MS 28 lol...never play online so that don't matter to me ...

i have abgx360 soft but carnt see the games working as the drive an flash is to old....

i also have the original dump file from year ago that was put on a disk but don't want try and flash it as the old games wonna work..
i have like 64 old games and they all work.

thanks for help

Samsung drives don't have AP2.5 checks, so I would say try at least to burn one XGD3 game and see if it works or not. You'll need either an ihas rev B drives flasheder with custom Burnermax firmware or a compatible drive to use with Burnermax payload tool (also built in by default in the latest ImgBurn software). Worst case scenario if you have to reflash your drive your old games XGD2 should still work.

Hi mate ....

the drive in my xbox is a Liton MS 28 not a Samsung..

thanks for help

hi, is it a liteon drive that got flashed when people were spoofing samsung ms 28 drives when the liteon wasnt flashable ? it must be a liteon or samsung ? ms 28 is a model of samsung drive ,

must of been typing at same time dave24 lol

hi guys sorry its been a bit long getting back on this but anyway ...

im sure the drive is deffentley a liton MS28 as this is what i had written on the disk i burnt with the original dump files from the drive ..i no its not a sammy...

its the old 360 from when they first came out ..( the big white one with a 20 gig i think hard drive on the side ) ...

i have a disk that i burnt years ago with the old dump files from the drive in 2 folders... but the thing is i carnt open the disk on this comp as it was burnt
with a sony drive on my old computer...on this new computer ive not long built the drive will not open the disk...

so to see what i have on the disk i need to set up my old computer so i can have a look what is on the cd...

thanks for help.

Hi, if its one of the early xbox 360s mate it will be a samsung ms28 drive, as dave says there no such drive as a liteon ms28,

Best thing to do it eject your drive in the xbox mate and compare it with these pictures, that will tell you which drive you have

ok mate ill do that^^ and let you both no....

thanks for help.

ok just had a look mate and you are both right...looking at the pitchers the drive is
a Toshiba-Samsung pic 1 ...

got a ? for you both .. ? could the original drive been changed....

the thing is someone flashed it for me as i had trouble with my old computer when i tryed doing it and so he did it in the end.. ..couldent get the PC to see the drive..

as siad i have the original Dump file on a cd disk that this guy gave me just incase i needed to flash it back to the original FW...

if the drive had been swaped then i carnt trust the files on that disk i have.....maybe there the wrong ones...

thanks for help.

What manufacturing date is on the console ? if it`s 2005/6 , it would be the correct drive

I would say it`s the correct drive then , samsung ms28

yep i think im getting mixed up with the Liton because from what i can remember they was hard to do wasent they..

i do remember that the drive was ment be pretty easy to flash..

? ok so do you think if i was to burn a new downloaded copied game it would work or do i need to use abgx360 soft
befor i burn it with imgburn...

or do i need to reflash the drive..

thanks for help.

I would update the flash to LT-sammy-v2.01

yeah but will my old games work ?

plus i dont no if i can do it on this new computer..couldent on the old one

thanks for info

Old games will still work , try hooking it up to the pc and see if JF sees it.
yeah but will my old games work ?

plus i dont no if i can do it on this new computer..couldent on the old one

thanks for info

ok looks like i need JF soft and i need to buy a X360USB PRO ...

is there any way i can do it with out getting a X360USB PRO ?

thanks for help

Back