OK whats this problem nearly there ?

cheers for the info so I need to get the mac address then look at my router settings again think I will have a look later at that later cheers oh and good look with your lappy it can be a right head bust reinstalling your stuff :proud:

once you get it all sorted make programme back up disk with nero are sommick I always mean to but never do infact I might just do that now lol :proud:

If your not too happy or get confused with command line stuff, I for one do. Go into your router that is providing DHCP, IP addresses.

All your network info ie Mac's and IP's for all devices on your network will be in your router, and usually, in and easy to read and config GUI. In addition most home router will display device names,like Joe's-PC, IPSTB or what ever they are called in their own setup/settings. It a doddle to capture/get all the info for each attached device, provided they are switched on at the time, and is the place your going to have to input the info anyway.

As example my router Netgear Rangemax has the following menu:

Setup
Basic Settings
Wireless Settings
Content Filtering
Logs
Block Sites
Block Services
Security Service
Parental Controls
Schedule
Maintenance
Router Status
Attached Devices Shows all IP's Mac's and Device Names
Backup Settings
Set Password
Router Upgrade
Advanced
Wireless Settings Lets me setup and access list for wireless.
Port Forwarding / Port Triggering
WAN Setup
LAN IP Setup Lets me reserve IP's for All devices (both wireless and cabled.
Dynamic DNS
Static Routes
Remote Management
UPnP

Web Support
Knowledge Base
Documentation

The red sections above are the places to look.

lol csb

If your not too happy or get confused with command line stuff, I for one do. Go into your router that is providing DHCP, IP addresses.

All your network info ie Mac's and IP's for all devices on your network will be in your router, and usually, in and easy to read and config GUI. In addition most home router will display device names,like Joe's-PC, IPSTB or what ever they are called in their own setup/settings. It a doddle to capture/get all the info for each attached device, provided they are switched on at the time, and is the place your going to have to input the info anyway.

As example my router Netgear Rangemax has the following menu:

Setup
Basic Settings
Wireless Settings
Content Filtering
Logs
Block Sites
Block Services
Security Service
Parental Controls
Schedule
Maintenance
Router Status
Attached Devices Shows all IP's Mac's and Device Names
Backup Settings
Set Password
Router Upgrade
Advanced
Wireless Settings Lets me setup and access list for wireless.
Port Forwarding / Port Triggering
WAN Setup
LAN IP Setup Lets me reserve IP's for All devices (both wireless and cabled.
Dynamic DNS
Static Routes
Remote Management
UPnP

Web Support
Knowledge Base
Documentation

The red sections above are the places to look.

lol csb

ok cheers for the info pretty simple when you get told like that thanks

Back