Firmware Nearly there..I think?

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me.

I have recently flashed my belkinN300 with the dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d4302 file and that is up and running.

I have gone through a few setting up wifi-repeater tuts and have it there or there abouts.

1 tut told me to change the ip address of the repeater like so: 192.168.1.1 when the main router is 192.168.0.1 and another told me that if the main router is 192.168.0.1 then I should change the repeater to 192.168.0.253 can anyone tell me which they have found to be correct please?

Also my repeaters SSID is showing up as well as my main router should this happen if so should I connect to my main or Belkin repeater SSID.

In one of the tuts they told me to name my router as the same as my main but just add the number 2 to show its the repeater which I did. I changed the SSid of the repeater to the same as my main router but when looking for wifi signal the repeaters name is showing not the ssid I named it.

any ideas people where ive gone wrong please. Im sorry if Ive confused anyone writing this itself has confused me.. :) thanks again all.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me.

I have recently flashed my belkinN300 with the dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d4302 file and that is up and running.

I have gone through a few setting up wifi-repeater tuts and have it there or there abouts.

1 tut told me to change the ip address of the repeater like so: 192.168.1.1 when the main router is 192.168.0.1 and another told me that if the main router is 192.168.0.1 then I should change the repeater to 192.168.0.253 can anyone tell me which they have found to be correct please?

Also my repeaters SSID is showing up as well as my main router should this happen if so should I connect to my main or Belkin repeater SSID.

In one of the tuts they told me to name my router as the same as my main but just add the number 2 to show its the repeater which I did. I changed the SSid of the repeater to the same as my main router but when looking for wifi signal the repeaters name is showing not the ssid I named it.

any ideas people where ive gone wrong please. Im sorry if Ive confused anyone writing this itself has confused me.. :) thanks again all.

you need to make sure the IP address of the router are on the same subnet

so if the main router is say 192.168.1.1 then set the second router to 192.168.1.2 - check DHCP address range - I always have the DHCP range from 50-200. So I can use the first 50 IP addresses for static assignment

The router you are going to connect via wireless router, the SSID should match the same as the main router so you should only see a single SSID

have you disable DHCP on the secondary router

see my attached document I wrote a while back to set this up

Attachments

• SETUP DDWRT ROUTER AS REPEATER BRIDGE.pdf
    134.7 KB · Views: 8
Thanks J for the help on this. I will change the ips as you suggested and the tuts I read didn't mention disable DHCP but I will do this as soon as. I am going on my jollies for a fortnight come Monday so at the moment I wont be playing with the router. I will let you know when I get back from me jollies how I got on with this. once again thanks for your suggestions and help pal.

and thanks for the pdf I will read it in 2 weeks time saved it to my harddrive for later.. did I forget to mention that I will be away for 2 whole weeks basking in the sun and drowning in beer ;) wish all the good fellas from the DW gang could join me :Cheers: :dance:

Last edited:
Back