Oh no I got burned

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
well my TV has. It is a Samsung LE32R41BDX I have been watching the snooker for a few days. Anyway I just noticed there is a trapezium type shape burnt into the screen from how the cameras lock on the table. It is noticable on all channels now.

Does anyone know if there is a simple way to try and fix this or is it knackered?

On some plasmas there is an option to get rid of burnin. Check your manual. It may be an option to invert the colours or make it white for a certain period of time. Or it may randomlly splash colours on the screen to get rid of it.

Usually it will disappear over time, give it a few days.

Forgot to say, its an LCD, so shouldn't suffer with burn in, should it?

do you not have to leave it on a white/bright screen for a few hours to get rid of it?

i had one the other day on my plasma. kids must have left peter kay dvd on the menu and i had a big cheesy bully from bullseye thing on there. it went after a couple of hours thanks god.

I found that there is an option to get into the Engineers Service Menu:

On your remote press “Power Off - Info - Menu - Mute - Power On”

I did a complete RESET, but lost all my settings, but at least it has gone now.

Phew, and who says watching snooker is boring? ;)

next time just leave it on an untuned analogue 'static' picture - it will work out in an hour or so. This works for plasma and LCD. The white bars and things do take a lot of operating time off of the life of the units

same thing herre mate, left my dvd on menu and it burnt onto the screen, put tv onto a static channel and left it for 1 hour cleaned the burn no probs.

Back