offive excel help

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
im after some help if possible i dont know a lot about office excel but i have a spread sheet i took from work and it basically adds hours up for each different duty you do and gives a total at the bottom, i found the hidden duties with each hours against it, and modified the hours to the new duties we have now but thats where my problem starts each duty has hours and mins when i add my hours it reads 6:42 and i need it to read 06:42 without going to 540 lines and adding a 0 in it i cant think of any other way of doing it can someone please help.

Might be tricky M8 without a copy as it depends on the formula/formatting. Things to look for are input and result cell(s) formatting - you may need a custom format like [hh]:mm.

If you get nowhere fast post a copy of the sheet and I'll take a shufty :)

Re: office excel help

There's two problems M8 - both easily fixed. First off, your format needs changing so click on the B at the top of the column and do:

Timesheet-0.JPG

If the custom format shown doesn't exist, just type it in.

Some of the times will change but most won't because they're text so do this to get them to time:

Timesheet-1.JPG

That's click Data then Text to Column. When the next screen comes up:

Timesheet-2.JPG

Just click Finish

You can select ranges of cells by clicking the top cell then holding Shift down while you click the bottom cell in the range.

Should only take you 10 minutes :)

Re: office excel help

your a star man thanks very much you have saved me ripping my hair out thanks again mate

can i just say a big thank you for all your help one last question how do i protect one row in the other part row E so it hides the formula and so nobody can change it thanks again

Last edited:
Back