NZBMATRIX closed - Post Alternatives

Re: NZB Matrix Closed Down?

Same here "nzbroyalty.com" requires an Invitation Code

There are many new Newznab sites like
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
appeared on the market. All they use the same indexing algorythm. Releases are full with useful information, but they not only have verified Nzb files so there are also many password protected files. All they do not solve the Usenet problem and just make money, so I would never pay anyone of them, maybe only use the free ones. I'm stil on classical usenet search engines like
Code:
cause they are sompletely free, have much more Nzb files and newsgroups indexed and work without any registrations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since nzbmatrix closed down, my favourite alternative has to be
Code:
, best looking website i've seen so far with their arranging of tv series and imdb descriptions for movies.

Since nzbmatrix closed down, my favourite alternative has to be
Code:
, best looking website i've seen so far with their arranging of tv series and imdb descriptions for movies.

this is a pay site only, too much risk paying theses days could be gone tomorrow, :(

You guys should check out oznbz - its only on the go since January 2013 but the guys behind it certainly know their onions. Got a neat rating system, complete API support for Couch Potato, SickBeard, Headphones etc and not to mention API support for Sabnbzd. Movie info data is pulled from IMDd and tmdb which is also neat.

For now there is still free loader registration which is limited to 5 downloads and 5 API calls per day. But for $16 AUD (about 8 quid or €11 euro in my neck of the woods) and for that you get VIP membership for a year giving you 100 downloads per day and 1000 API calls per day. There is also a legend status membership for $55 for the year, but that's for hardcore users with 10000 API calls a day and 1000 downloads a day (or something like that).

I've made it my nbz indexing home and forked out the $16 bucks for the year as I think its well worth it. Check it out and see what you think.

I know none of us really like paying for anything, but I like to support good useful sites.

Oh I almost forgot, they are based down under hence the OZ, and they recon they will be around for years to come. (funny how nbzmatrix went down and these guys popped up a month later, makes you wonder!) :)

Last edited:
You guys should check out oznbz - its only on the go since January 2013 but the guys behind it certainly know their onions. Got a neat rating system, complete API support for Couch Potato, SickBeard, Headphones etc and not to mention API support for Sabnbzd. Movie info data is pulled from IMDd and tmdb which is also neat.

Their coverage is very patchy, just try searching on UFC 162 for example, no finds whereas my site picked up extended preview, countdown show and press conference.

funny how nbzmatrix went down and these guys popped up a month later, makes you wonder!) :)

Them and hundreds of other sites. Not running anyone down and they are free but its not rocket science if you are willing to put a bit of effort in.

"
Their coverage is very patchy, just try searching on UFC 162 for example, no finds whereas my site picked up extended preview, countdown show and press conference."

I never really considered latency with regard to index updates to be honest. Will be interesting to see when - if at all - the 162 coverage will show in their results.

Last edited by a moderator:
the new version of SABnzbd has just been released and now supports full integration into OZnzb.com ratings and reporting system. Once enabled you can rate all releases downloaded from OZnzb.com and post comments and/or report any problems all directly from inside of SAB. There is also an option to automatically report problems with releases like passworded/encrypted, out of server retention and missing blocks.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/0.7.17/

Features

•Upgrade embedded unrar to 5.01 and (partially) support RAR5 format

•Support for more meta-data in NZB files (to be used in TV Sort)

•Optional integration with the OZnzb indexer, allows user access to ratings and reporting > * directly from SABnzbd interface.

•Optional automatic feedback to OZnzb on failed downloads

•Commandline option --pidfile to set your own PID-file name/path (Unix and OSX)

•Basic support for X-DNZB-Failure and X-DNZB-Details headers, sent by some indexers

•Support rate-limiting by (a number of) indexers

•Special option "warn_dupl_jobs" to suppress/enable warnings for duplicate jobs

•Special option "flat_unpack" to ignore folders inside archives

Bug fixes

•Fix false encryption alarms for some posts

•Fix issue with OSX Mavericks Notification Center support

•Fix issues with passwords embedded in file names

•Support UNC paths in Sort expressions (Windows)

•Add password entry boxes in smpl and Classic skins

•Prevent unwanted change of queue order after editing job details

•Allow Default category to be picked in Multi-Ops

What's everyone using now? Been looking around and keep downloading movies which contain viruses; extremely annoying!

Recently used binsearch, before that it was whatever I could find on google. I can see NZB Royalty has gone down.

So, any first hand recommendations?

What's everyone using now? Been looking around and keep downloading movies which contain viruses; extremely annoying!

Recently used binsearch, before that it was whatever I could find on google. I can see NZB Royalty has gone down.

So, any first hand recommendations?

Two that crop up all the time are dognzb but you can only view by joining by paying with bitcoins. My favourite alternative is oznzb. Its free to create an account and browse and download up to 5 nzb per day. For unlimited NZB and API (for sickbeard, couchpotato, etc) access I believe its 16 aus dollars (about £10) per year.

https://www.oznzb.com/

The Hive
I'm also member at oz nzb but never much leave the hive .i have subscribed so not sure how many free downloads you get
Cheers chronoman

should mentioned that there still plenty of closed forums that you can post requests at and IRC. That is were a lot of passworded posts are from.

Is it me, or does most stuff seem to get taken down nowadays?

Depends on provider.I am with astraweb for year and they're hopless now .Got 3 month restricted to 50 meg with tweak news ( free trial ) and all has been good they always seem to have when I can't get from Astraweb.
Once your free trial runs out wait and they send you offer.
Cheers chronoman

I've been using this place for a while now ..::TOWN::..

Never struggled getting anything.

I can find most things...I think but its more 'Article not found' errors as if its been deleted.

Depends on provider.I am with astraweb for year and they're hopless now .Got 3 month restricted to 50 meg with tweak news ( free trial ) and all has been good they always seem to have when I can't get from Astraweb.
Once your free trial runs out wait and they send you offer.
Cheers chronoman

I will try tweak news to see if its a provider thing I have been using Giganews for as long as I can remember.

Back