NUFC Thread

Well we were poor, Mackems gave away a soft goal for Milner but afraid SAFC have a long way to go before they become top dog up here. Biggest gate for 5 seasons 47000, we get 52k every week!.

Sam's time could be running out,Ashley sitting with fans and possibly a few heavies to look after him.

Barton hasn't impressed me and Sam still playing guy's out of position.

1-1

We were all over you lot, think you had a good 20 min spell max. CHopra seem'd to be playing for you lot as well.

You were very lucky to come away with anything IMO and yes it was a soft goal to conceed

Premiership:
Embarrassment avoided

mackems 1 Newcastle 1

Our unbeaten run on wearside was extended further but only after a fortunate James Milner cross, that eluded everyone, saved our blushes.

Milner's equaliser was a relatively speedy reply to Danny Higginbotham's 52nd minute opener which came from a swiftly taken corner knocked over to the back post where the defender headed home while our defence played statues.

It was a goal that had been coming and making it to the break goalless was something of a relief after some poor first half defending had us in all sorts of trouble.

Thankfully some smart saves from Steve Harper, notably from ex-Mag Michael Chopra and a block from Alan Smith had kept us in the game.

There was little happening at the other end with Michael Owen and David Rozehnal failing to take advantage of some half chances.

However, for the third game in a row our reshuffled pack failed to click but at least this time defeat was avoided thanks to Milner's 65th minute leveller.

Celebrating the goal wildly was owner Mike Ashley, clad in his usual garb with the away fans behind the goal.

Similar to Reading, it looked like we might press on for the winner with Owen going on a mazy run before firing weakly with his left foot.

But we almost fell again to a sucker punch at the other end as an unmarked Chopra headed against the underside of the bar and Steven Taylor did well to clear in the ensuing scramble.

Taylor by this point had moved to centre half with Rozehnal after Habib Beye had replaced the injured Abdoulaye Faye.

Charles N'Zogbia was again playing at left back with Jose Enrique on the bench - our newly-acquired full backs seemingly fit but second choice to players out of position.

Another odd midfield started the game with Smith filling in for the suspended Nicky Butt, Milner playing wide left, Barton right and Emre in the middle.

Mark Viduka was partnering Owen up front and just about managed the full 90 minutes with Obafemi Martins coming on as a late replacement for Owen.

And it was Martins who should have won the game in the final minute of injury time when he just strayed offside in a fantastic position as the killer pass to him was delayed.

In the end, a thoroughly undeserved but delicious three points sadly weren't grabbed but given the balance of play, we were probably the happier with the draw.

well just got back from the club and total shite again.

just posted in dutchos mackem thread about this,but here goes again lol.

when is big sam going to learn to play players in the right places again 5 players out of posistion,a left winger at left back(n'zogbia),and right winger on the left wing(milner) and central midfileder on the right(barton) and a center half a right back(taylor) and a center forward(smith) in midfield when there is 2 full backs on the bench...............which HE SIGNED!!! which if playing would have had players in the right places.......

...............mike didnt look too impressed and if sam keeps going the way he's going he'll be sacked by christmas and too be honest i'll be a little pleased as off the top of my head he's cost us at least 9 points.

but overall in the match i think it was a fair result,sunderland dominated the first half but once got the 1st goal they back or newcastle vastly improved.

Premiership:
Embarrassment avoided
mackems 1 Newcastle 1
Our unbeaten run on wearside was extended further but only after a fortunate James Milner cross, that eluded everyone, saved our blushes.
Milner's equaliser was a relatively speedy reply to Danny Higginbotham's 52nd minute opener which came from a swiftly taken corner knocked over to the back post where the defender headed home while our defence played statues.
It was a goal that had been coming and making it to the break goalless was something of a relief after some poor first half defending had us in all sorts of trouble.
Thankfully some smart saves from Steve Harper, notably from ex-Mag Michael Chopra and a block from Alan Smith had kept us in the game.
There was little happening at the other end with Michael Owen and David Rozehnal failing to take advantage of some half chances.
However, for the third game in a row our reshuffled pack failed to click but at least this time defeat was avoided thanks to Milner's 65th minute leveller.
Celebrating the goal wildly was owner Mike Ashley, clad in his usual garb with the away fans behind the goal.
Similar to Reading, it looked like we might press on for the winner with Owen going on a mazy run before firing weakly with his left foot.
But we almost fell again to a sucker punch at the other end as an unmarked Chopra headed against the underside of the bar and Steven Taylor did well to clear in the ensuing scramble.
Taylor by this point had moved to centre half with Rozehnal after Habib Beye had replaced the injured Abdoulaye Faye.
Charles N'Zogbia was again playing at left back with Jose Enrique on the bench - our newly-acquired full backs seemingly fit but second choice to players out of position.
Another odd midfield started the game with Smith filling in for the suspended Nicky Butt, Milner playing wide left, Barton right and Emre in the middle.
Mark Viduka was partnering Owen up front and just about managed the full 90 minutes with Obafemi Martins coming on as a late replacement for Owen.
And it was Martins who should have won the game in the final minute of injury time when he just strayed offside in a fantastic position as the killer pass to him was delayed.
In the end, a thoroughly undeserved but delicious three points sadly weren't grabbed but given the balance of play, we were probably the happier with the draw.

lmao ian you posted that i was typing lol

that bit summed up my post and was newcastles downfall again

I just think sam is confused because he hasnt got 11 rugby players like he had a bolton basically i think he doesnt realise the importance of the basics like other people have said hes got left footed players on the right hand side forwads in midfield and the difence is just a mess

personaly i dont think sams suited to what the newcastle fans want we want to see football played on the floor with a crisp pace and nice touches hes just upto his old tricks using defence tactics to pinch the odd points

BOO HOO sort your head out sam and get owen some feeders FFS

Owen out for a month yet again whilst playing for his club England, hope he's gonna be fit for a future Newcastle International match.

It would appear that yet again if players are carrying even minor injuries the National Team will play guys even if they can only last part of a game.

I believe he wasn't fully fit in the first place for the friendly last night.

Owen out for a month yet again whilst playing for his club England, hope he's gonna be fit for a future Newcastle International match.
It would appear that yet again if players are carrying even minor injuries the National Team will play guys even if they can only last part of a game.
I believe he wasn't fully fit in the first place for the friendly last night.

sam should have told them to feck off he's not playing in a meaningless friendly and he's not even playing against croatia unless we had a chance of qualifying(which we have now though) as fergy pulled out hargreaves saying he was injured,but i bet he's fit for their next game.

Owen is a massive blow for you lot and yes big Sam seems lost now that he has real tallent to choose from.

But it is not just Sam who seems to play players out of position, it is almost every frigging manager I know of!!

These are supposed to be pro's, the best of the best yet they can't or never seem to see what us; the fans see, that is players whp should be playing where they are suppsoed to play.

That is one of my all time pet hates, blumming managers playing players out of position when they have fit players who fill the postion perfect!!!!

I mean Zogbia at right back? He is not just playing him out of postion and playing a weak right back, he is also weakening his right wing by not playing N'zogbia as he is clearly your best player in that position.

So doing in what he is doing he is actually weakening your whole right hand side!!! Where is the sense in that???? And no-one please bring up the wing back farce!!!

Is this half your fan base??:

1108373.jpg

:Laugh::Laugh:

Owen is a massive blow for you lot and yes big Sam seems lost now that he has real tallent to choose from.
But it is not just Sam who seems to play players out of position, it is almost every frigging manager I know of!!
These are supposed to be pro's, the best of the best yet they can't or never seem to see what us; the fans see, that is players whp should be playing where they are suppsoed to play.
That is one of my all time pet hates, blumming managers playing players out of position when they have fit players who fill the postion perfect!!!!
I mean Zogbia at right back? He is not just playing him out of postion and playing a weak right back, he is also weakening his right wing by not playing N'zogbia as he is clearly your best player in that position.
So doing in what he is doing he is actually weakening your whole right hand side!!! Where is the sense in that???? And no-one please bring up the wing back farce!!!

you mean left winger and left back;)

easy 3 points for liverpool here.............already 1 nil down anyway.

what is it with sam,is he brain dead or totally off his head on drugs on something?

playing a 3 man defence against liverpool isnt recommended he could have put geremi at right back or steve (sh!t) carr and played 442, and again he's left milner on the bench....................ffs relegation battle coming up this season

easy 3 points for liverpool here.............already 1 nil down anyway.
what is it with sam,is he brain dead or totally off his head on drugs on something?
playing a 3 man defence against liverpool isnt recommended he could have put geremi at right back or steve (sh!t) carr and played 442, and again he's left milner on the bench....................ffs relegation battle coming up this season

what a shambles,the guy is obviously out of his depth and has no idea what he is doing.It's been along time when I've been hoping the opposition was going to bang a lot in to increase the pressure.I wondered whether Ashley was texting Alladyce the sack there is no hope for the guy.

Reckon by mid December he will be gone, maybe the chosen one will take over?No-one had any idea what formation we were playing and Barton (wot a tosser ) for Emre wot was he playing at.
I think we're below Souness's depths now.

Relocation beckons or should that be relagation. Arsenic next ,god help us.

well off we go again,1-0 up and end up 3-1 down.Though there was more passion about them the defence is shambolic.Geremi lobs a cross for Martins to knock in but we are still poor. Sam only 1pt in 18 things don't look good.

Mackems score 3 mins into injury time,lucky barstewards.

Big sam is carrying on the mags tradition, oooh he's our saviour...lol hit a ruf patch and he's sacked.

What you guy's need to do is give a manager time, I'd say till at least next season, he's doing a great job :)

Big sam is carrying on the mags tradition, oooh he's our saviour...lol hit a ruf patch and he's sacked.

What you guy's need to do is give a manager time, I'd say till at least next season, he's doing a great job :)

pmsl laughing if he gets more time we'll get relegated along with you's. we are playing total sh!t at the min and i can't see it getting better any time soon with the gooners next match we'll get hammered about 6 nil off them.

sam is still playing dodgy tactics and teams like again he had n'zogbia at left back and martins on the right wing leaving smith up front alone which is crap especially when he's not exactly a profilic goal scorer. conceding 13 goals in 5 games and only scoring 4 is not good enough and sam needs to start playing 4-4-2 with players in the rightful places fast or he'll be out a job by the new year.

one thing we need to remember is that sam was fat freddys choice and not mike ashleys so i don think he'll have a problem in getting rid of him

Back