NTL offer Car Phonewarehouse offer

SEXYSAM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just rang NTL disconnection department and told me to disconnect my tv, broadband and phone service as I was getting the Carphone warehouse offer of broadbank and unlimited phone calls at 20.99 ( I am paying ntl 17.99 broadband,11.00 tele rental plus phones = £40 plus.

NTL quickly said they would match offer. I agreed to this. So now I am getting broadband, line rental and unlimited national and local calls for 20.99 - saving me self £20 quid. Give em a try, I think they will bend over backwards to keeo you and will match any offer

I was just thinking of switching but thanx so much for that!! will try it, hopefully with some luck :Clap:

nice one may try this myself :) but id be stuffed if they didnt offer me it lol

I tried the same a little while ago before the Carphone warehouse offer came out and saved myself £15 a month!,So it's worth a try..............They don't like losing existing customers

i rang to say i was fed up of all the leaflets through my door offering everything cheap this half price that but for new customers only and what about us customers who have been paying full price for everything,and they gave me half price broardband, not just for a couple of months but allways!:Clap: :Clap:

i am paying them £100 a month for everything. i thought i was getting a discount Lmfao.
As mentioned above the carphone warehouse are hitting p2p users (maybe they don't want our business LOL)

SEXYSAM said:
Just rang NTL disconnection department and told me to disconnect my tv, broadband and phone service as I was getting the Carphone warehouse offer of broadbank and unlimited phone calls at 20.99 ( I am paying ntl 17.99 broadband,11.00 tele rental plus phones = £40 plus.

NTL quickly said they would match offer. I agreed to this. So now I am getting broadband, line rental and unlimited national and local calls for 20.99 - saving me self £20 quid. Give em a try, I think they will bend over backwards to keeo you and will match any offer

heh, good stuff. :Clap:

I got a tenner off my broadband for saying i was off elsewhere.Now paying £8.50.:Cheers:

i rang nthell up and cancelled my b/b,
a few days later they rang me up and offered 2mb b/b for free for 6 monthsor 10mb for a £10 quid a month,went for the 10mb and have been d/l loads of good stuf

wazok said:
they rang me up and offered 2mb b/b for free for 6 monthsor 10mb for a £10 quid a month,went for the 10mb

I called last yr and got 1mb for £9.99pm, I think its about time I rang them up once again!

has anyone tryed this with telepest ?????:Chainsaw:

just tried with ntl but was told its a different offer and carphone dont do tv so im paying £30 for 1 meg broadband , all phone calls to uk landlines (not premiun numbers) and my tv package which is the basic one . i think thats not bad really but thanks sexysam for the info was worth a try

just tried with ntl but was told its a different offer and carphone dont do tv so im paying £30 for 1 meg broadband , all phone calls to uk landlines (not premiun numbers) and my tv package which is the basic one . i think thats not bad really but thanks sexysam for the info was worth a try

gez:

tell them you want to disconnect everything and they can get stuffed and that you have found something cheaper and better.

DONT tell them to match it, because they wont. Tell them you are going somewhere else, and thats where they bend over backwards to keep you. Once they tell you this, then say you will stay if you can match any good offers you have found. Go straight to Disconnections dept, not Customer Services, because they will tell you to get lost and take up your offer with some one else.

( I have been told this by a reliable member of staff of NTHELL)

Good luck keep trying, you'll soon piss them off into giving it to you soon.

Hi Guys,

@cramp:

I've tried this with Telepest. I said I wasgoing to cancel everything I had with them (Phone £25.50, Broadband 4MB £25.00 And Cable £9.50) unless they could match the Carphone Warehouse offer (This was obviously b4 I read SEXYSAM's post!)

They just said right out NO we cant match the price and also the Carphone Warehouse offer is not available in our area till July, and there was nothin I could do!!! (Cos Carphone Warehouse internet is rubbish, so dont wanna go to them!)

I might try again and try SEXSAM's method, which sounds good.

Cant belive these people, payin them £60 a month altogether!!!

Any advice from anyone would b appreciated.

Thanks,

mas123

just said i wanted to disconnect my broadband and they reduced my charge from £17.99 a month to £9.99 no too shabby

no point in me trying anyway going back to sky+ when i move in about 3weeks and dont know who for my broadband might still stick with telepest but not sure.

if only i wasnt moving i think i would have rang...good one though sexysam

i phoned telepest up and told them that because i did not use their tel,t.v and broadband as much as i thought i would and i had made a mistake and wanted to go back to sky this was to their disconnection dept they cut every price going am now paying for the lot £25 a month(same deal i had was unlimited calls with international calls,line rental ,broadband at £25 and tv was full package so all in all i was paying £90 a month)saving me £65

i also tried and failed, was told they could not match there offer, but they did say they were mergeing with virgin and are trialing a package in the west side of the country where you can buy airtime minutes to ring any landline, any mobile, any country with their airtime bundles, 3 different packages on offer. only difference being i can see between them and carphone warehouse is the mobile ringing. spoke to a telewest engineer yesterday and he seemed to be under the imppresion telepest has something under wraps to be released real soon (like to think he,s right) he also said they were bringing out a mobile phone/sim tied to your landline through t/w you keep your same number, landline number that is so when someone rings the house phone it also comes through your mobile, will be intresting to see that. jon

i also tried this a while back and failed, so i went through with cancelling my TV and went about learning the dark side. would have stayed on full package etc if only they had offered me some sort of discount!

Back