NowTV Box Hacks

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive just bought a nowtv, box only £14 in currys with 2 day sky sports. Im wondering whats the maximum I can hack this box. Is it only plex that can be installed on it or can you go as far as getting free sky and possibly soldering on a usb port....so I can connect an external hard drive...

Ive turned on box and updated it but keeps on asking for username and password, how do I register without making a payment or giving my card details...

I stuck Rarflix on mine - it's a Plex hack. Running Plex Media Server on the PC and installing the UnSupportedAppstore, I'm running apps like FilmOn which allows freeview'ish live TV on the Now TV plus media libraries on PC.

There's a dreambox plugin that can be used via plex to stream an enigma 2 box to it too. I personally never got further than it showing my bouquets but I think it doesn't like openwebif

Not possible for a usb port to soldered on the board....

I can't seem to sign up without entering my credit card details. Ive registered online, hit cancel on the payment details page and signed out, logged back in to do security question...

When I try to sign up on the now tv box it just says registration not complete....ive signed out and in of my account a few times and it seems to work ok online but not on the box...

They changed the sign up method a couple of months ago, you have to enter credit card details now, you can cancel once you have plex installed.

I got my dad a box too. He has no credit card, can we both use the same account. I take it I can't put the same MasterCard on two accounts

I got my dad a box too. He has no credit card, can we both use the same account. I take it I can't put the same MasterCard on two accounts

Can't see it being an issue, but i'm sure he has a debit card and they can be used too.

you jut log in with your existing account unless you already have 4 now tv boxes or apps
for example
Main now tv box
Now TV app PS4
Now Tv app xboxone
Dads now tv box

hope you understand that

mickburns

Back