Not moving the dish

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can get my dish to move via the positioner setup almost every time but it's quite intermittent whether or not it will move by selecting the channel. Have opened the box up and checked the tuner is fully inserted and reinserted and cleaned the contacts. The tuner is spot on once it's locked to the relevant sat and pulls down 15db from 28e. There is a green led on the tuner and that is on once the box is switched on. Also I can hear the motor click when i switch sats via channel selection but nothing happens.
Set up on diseq 1.2 using usals.

I set up my dm500 over the weekend and used it on the motor perfectly but since swapping back it has had a nervous breakdown, i have tried the 500 back on the motor and that seems to be fine pretty much ruling out the connections and the motor unless of course the voltage is different from the boxes and has upset the apple cart somewhat.

Confused

Not sure if I can control the amps but voltage is set for polarisation on this one. It's the clone 800se, you can up the voltage to 13 and 18v but I am wonder if it's down to a bad tuner from the start. Had a nightmare setting this thing up when I installed it.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Sorry, I was referring to the PSU for the receiver. Not the voltage settings for the motor movement.

Won't be the psu in this case I tried moving the dish on the 500 while plugged into the 800's supply.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Voltage is the same, 12V. Amperage is different. It should be 3 amps for the DM800.

FIXED :)

Got me thinking this because the dm500 runs 12v at 2 amps and the 800 12v at 3amps if the psu for the 800 was suffering a small power loss it could still be enough to power the 500 right ? Right :) lol got me a spare 12v 3amp psu and all is as it should be.

Rep added Abu great shout m8

Back