Nokia D Box 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a programme to convert images that are made for 2X1 to 1x1

and 1x1 to 2x1 ...it knows what the image is when you use it and converts it to the other 1

here is a programme to save your image when you have finished setting it up then when playing about with your dbox2 and you bugger it up you can just reflash the box with your saved image and your good to go again without all the setting up...

here is the how to

for anyone that is intrested using that image backup, click the 3rd bubble button after running ( setup) click on the Union Jack and enter your IP addy in the top box. The User/Pass should be ok (root/dbox2). Click the text on the right hand side just above the save button at the bottom. Browse to where you want the file to go when it backs up. then click the save button.

The s/w will now connect to the dbox. Click the tick box to the right of the second box down ( should now say Standard-Name). Now click the left most bubble button and thats it. one instant backup and I have to say this s/w is fast + the backups actually work 100%

Faz i have taken the tutorial and download posts from this thread and put it in the cable downloads section as im sure people will find it useful m8 :)

LOL. DBox2 information here has come a longway since I last visited. This thread seems to contain just abouts everything you need to get going. I am also a DBox2 owner, and love it. I think we are all going to be screwed though once NTL (if they do) convert to Narga2 decoding this Spring. Good bye free Digi Cable TV.

Well then i guess when that happens ther will be other and different types of .."dbox2".... :Smileysex

.."WHEN THERE IS WILL, THERE IS HOPE.."

Its not that we would need new Dboxs, more like we would need the correct CAMs and decoding plugins for Nagra2. And people with modded NTL boxes would need to figure out how to rip and read a nagra 2 card.

From what i have read, you boys with the modded SUB boxes will need more good luck to get yours up and running with Nagra2 system. With dbox, its abit easier to emulate CAMs and such with software. With ROM cards, you are more restricted.

Come spring, these boards are gonna be flooded with people asking why their box's arnt working... dont say i didnt warn ya...

Had some trouble with my one, and was not able to comunicate very well with the

seller, as he does not understand much of english.

However this issue was sorted with the help of mp3boy ( who sorted out a

translation on my behalf)...MANY THANKS MP3BOY, had some trouble with my

intercom, and did not get my delivery.

But hopefully i should have it redelivered on monday.

regards

ok ...got the box, can wait to test it...faz thanks for the rar. files for my area.

Ok, dont mean 2 sound bad, but do i need to have both pc , box and cable ALL connected at the same time?

My pc is in the bedroom and cable feed is in living room???

uhhhh...

you can flash the box if you have already got an image that you have sorted out

its best if you can see it on the tv but i take it you have not

connect box to tv

goto menu

then settings

then network

now you can enter an ip close to the one of your pc network card

exm. PC 192.168.0.1 Dbox 192.168.0.2

go upto setup network now and press ok go back through the menu pages and where it says save settings now press ok(VERY IMPORTANT YOU SAVE THE SETTINGS)

now take the box to your pc connect both cables and power up the box

open your ftp programme and enter the ip that is close to the one you set on the box on the tv
name or user is(ROOT)

PASS (DBOX2)

turn your firewall off as it can cause problems when trying to connect to box

you should now be able to connect to box and sort the image out

if your on broadband just use a splitter then you can have a tv near the pc

ok, just printing this out so i wont have to run back 2 front....ololo

do i insert the ip. you have here, or the one i have in my pc?, by the way how do i check the ip adress?.

When i open up the boot manager it gives me 3 options of ip, can i use them, or i should use it?

ok..done it..going tomorow and get me splitter for the next step.

Chears faz :Cheers:

here is a programme that sorts the slow clock on the dbox2 and all so gives the name of the programme on front row channels

thanks to cydine

Nice one Faz that was bugging me the Front Row channels not showing what it was :) I was having to look on my normal box first!

i know what you mean mate it was pi***ng me off

faz

Well done faz i was gonna post it but you beat me to it lol.
Credit to cydine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back