Nokia D Box 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys...im missing out some channels, eg. sports and some entertainment ones
as well. i've got xtlly 200ch.

i got a next genation box craker image on the box, and ive got twest as provider.

When i try do a scan it wont give me an option like the rudbox would to actualy
type in y'r frquence, sybol rate and modulation.

I've got this instead. on the cabel provider : KABEL VIENNA, CABLE BRUTE FORCE,
and many more if this information is rrequired please let me know and ill write
them down.

regards

akariz

hi, received some instructions 2 try and find the correct freq.

..."
i.e:

cables.xml

<cable name="NTL 435 (FEC 3)" satfeed="true" flags="9">

scan.conf

satNameNoDiseqc=NTL 435 (FEC 3)

ps make sure you rename the scan file to scan.conf..."

All done as instructed above.

RESULTS
as i ENTER scan it does not give any channels whatsoever.
I've used crimson editor for this operation, ill add some pictures, so i can give u a much clear view of any mistakes i might have made.

this is one of the best guides i have come across for scanning

thanks to DJ OD

Getting a working services.xml file for your DBox2.

This tutorial assumes the following:
You have a DBox2.
You have it already in debug mode.
You have a working cable feed.
You have a 2xI Nokia Dbox. Other types of box will require you to obtain correct images for your box and not the ones linked below.
You are using Windows XP on your PC. Instructions will have to be adapted if you are using another version of Windows.
You have an FTP program, like CuteFTP or SmartFTP installed on your PC.

Hardware you will need for this tutorial:
A crossover network cable.
A null modem serial cable.
A network card in your PC. If you have more than one, disable all except the one you want use.
The default symbol rate and frequency for your area. (AreaCode.pdf in software pack.)

Software you will need:
An enigma image (IE RudBox – from here: h**p://s105883597.websitehome.co.uk/showthread.php?t=212923 ).
A neutrino image (IE BoxCracker – from here h**p://s105883597.websitehome.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210996 ).
VoxCalc (In software pack)
EnConv (In software pack)
Image Flashing Assistant (From here, English version at bottom of page, h**p://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de/freedownloads.php)

Okay lets get started!:

First thing to do is to set up your PC. Create a directory on your PC and put all the software bits and bobs in there. That way, things are easy to find. For the sake of this tutorial we’ll call this folder c:\dbox\. Next double click the Image Flashing Assistant setup file and install this. Now set the IP address of your PC. (You only need to do this is you have not set one for something else, IE a LAN.) To do this, right click on “My Network Places” and select “Properties”, then right click on “Local Area Connection” and select “Properties”. Next, click on “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and then click “Properties”. Click “Use the following IP address” and enter in an IP address and subnet mask used to identify your PC. You can leave the gateway entry blank. I used IP = 198.152.0.2 and Gateway 255.255.255.0. Now click “OK” as many times as needed to close all the property windows. You will also need to set the network card you are using to 10mps Half Duplex. To do this on right click “My Computer”, select “properties”, click on the Hardware Tab and press the “Device Manager” button. Then expand the Network adapters branch and you should have your network card listed, probably marked with 10/100 somewhere. Right click on it and select “properties”. Click on the “advanced” tab and click on the property entry in the menu called “link speed and duplex”. (Note: Some graphics cards have separate entries for this.) Make the settings read 10Mps Half Duplex. Click “OK”.

Now hook up all the stuff!:

Connect the dbox to TV, connect cable feed to dbox. Connect one end of crossover network cable and the null modem serial cable to the sockets on the dbox, the other end to the sockets on your PC. Do NOT plug the dbox into the mains yet, if you did already, just unplug it! Now run the Image Flashing Assistant program you installed before. A screen pops up something like this:

Click on “Scan” and navigate to your C:\dbox\ folder and select the enigma (RudBox) image. Select the network card you connected the network cable to from the drop down list and then select “yes” and choose the port where your serial cable is connected. Once done select “Start”. Click okay after reading the message that pops up. Select “Unblock” should a Windows Firewall warning pop up. Now plug in the dbox and wait for the flashing process to complete. A message will pop up when it’s finished saying something along the lines of flashing process complete, only in German… Select “OK”, and “OK” again. The Image Flashing Assistant will now close.

Now unplug the dbox and plug it in again and watch the TV screen. A pretty young laydee should appear ;-) (If using the RudBox2 image, otherwise it could be any picture really…). The box should boot and present you with a language screen. The obvious choice is to select English. It will then ask if you want to do a scan. Not yet my friend, just press the “Home” key on the remote until all the menus have gone, leaving you with a blank screen and maybe a message along the lines of “No channel found”.

Now on the dbox press the “dbox” key. From the menu select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings” and then “Communication” or “Network”. There should be an option to set and IP address for the dbox. Do this… I used 192.158.000.024 for the IP, and subnet mask 255.255.255.000. This paragraph may not be entirely accurate as I am writing it from memory and don’t have the image loaded in front of me to check every detail. I’m sure you understand…

Back on the PC, using Windows Explorer, navigate to your c:\dbox\ folder and double click the VoxCalc program. A Dos window should open up with a prompt to enter your “default frequency”, so enter it. (Can be found in the AreaCode.pdf file in software pack. Note: Enter the number as shown in the example given in VoxCalc, so if the AreaCode.pdf says your frequency rate is 755.000 enter it into VoxCalc as 755000000 or if it’s 578.250 enter it as 578250000.) Next VoxCalc will ask you for your “symbol rate”, so enter that. (Also found in the AreaCode.pdf file. Note: Enter the number as shown in the example in VoxCalc: So if it’s 6.952 enter it as 6952000. If your symbol rate is not listed in the AreaCode.pdf file, try 6952000. If the scan doesn’t work properly, change it to 6887000, repeat this paragraph to make a new cabels.xml and scan again.) Next it will ask you for a provider name, put in any name you like as it does not appear to matter! (Note: If you are using a “zg0re” image, this name has to be “Kabel Deutschland”.). Once you press enter after entering a name, the program will close and put a “cables.xml” file in your c:\dbox\ folder. Nice!

Now open your favourite FTP program and create a new connection using these details:

Name of connection: “My Dbox”
IP: “198.152.000.024”
Username: “root”
Password: “dbox2”

Once connected, copy the newly made cables.xml file to this folder on the dbox, if there is a cables.xml already there, overwrite it:

/var/tuxbox/config/

Now on the dbox press the “dbox” button, select “settings” and the select “Transponder scan” and then select “Auto scan”. In the network box should be your provider name you specified in your cables.xml. Select it and it will check for a signal. After a while it should say “Transponder found. Do you want to scan for services?”. Make sure “erase all” is ticked then click “Proceed”
It should now scan for channels using the cables.xml file and find lots of channels! Again this paragraph may not be entirely accurate as I am writing it from memory and don’t have the image loaded in front of me to check every detail.

Go back to your PC FTP program and navigate to this folder:

/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Copy the file “services” (Note: NO file extension) to your c:\dbox\ folder. Open up a command prompt (Start, Run, type “command” or “cmd” and enter). Type “C:” (if your not already on c: drive) and then type “CD\” (if you are not already at the c: drive root). Type “cd dbox”, and then type “enconv services services.xml 3 3”. A “services.xml” file should now be created and found in your c:\dbox\ folder.

Now to flash your neutrino image of choice. You should now know how to flash the dbox, but if not do this…

Open the Image Flashing Assistant. Click on “Scan” and navigate to your C:\dbox\ folder and select the neutrino (BoxCracker) image. Select the network card you connected the network cable to from the drop down list and then select “yes” and choose the port where your serial cable is connected. Once done select “Start”. Click okay after reading the message that pops up. Select “Unblock” should a Windows Firewall warning pop up. Now plug in the dbox and wait for the flashing process to complete. A message will pop up when it’s finished saying something along the lines of flashing process complete, only in German… Select “OK”, and “OK” again. The Image Flashing Assistant will now close.

Now unplug the dbox and plug it in again and watch the TV screen. You should get the BoxCracker loading screens and eventually get a picture. You should now hopefully have ALL the channels with the exception of all Front Row Channels bar a few. This is another story…

Editing your services.xml file to include PPV.

First of all, have a hunt around on the net/forums for a services.xml file that is generally near your area. (I have included one in the software pack for reference) Download it and open it in Internet Explorer. Scroll down the file until you see a bit that relates to Front Row. Should look like this:

Now open your services.xml file in Notepad. (Some say Notepad is bad and you should use a proper XML editor, like UltraEdit. I did try this and found I had more success with Notepad, weird…) Look for a line that looks like the image below and replace the highlighted text in the image below, with the highlighted text in the image above.

Note the different channel service_id and service_type. Repeat this process for all of the blocks of text relating to Front Row and save your new services.xml (Hope you backed up the old one, in case it don’t work ;-)) FTP this new file back to your dbox as described earlier in the tutorial and reset the dbox. You should now hopefully have all channels and PPV!

If you do, don’t forget to upload them to your favourite online forum ;-). If you don’t well, best go ask a few questions on your favourite online forum. Please give as much information about the problem as that will make it easier to the guys there to help you.

If it’s only your PPV that’s not working try this.

The 5 or so PPV channels your initial scan find are not really PPV channels at all. They are NVOD channels each of which contains several PPV channels. Each of these channels has a SID, which you need to find for you area. If you select one of the NVOD channels and then press right on your remote, you MIGHT get the first PPV channel going. This seems a bit hit and miss, but eventually with patience you should get one. Try different channels until you do get one going. Once you have a channel running, press RED & then BLUE and you will see some technical info, including the SID for that PPV Channel. All the PPV channels under the current NVOD will be sequential. You can then add entries for that complete NVOD, either by adding 1 to, or taking 1 off the hex number in the quotes for the channel service_id. If you look at the example images above it will make more sense.

I think that’s about it for this tutorial. Good luck!!!

Disclaimer

I nor anyone else, nor any online forum mentioned at any point in this tutorial take any responsibility for any damage to any equipment you choose to tamper with based on this tutorials information.

It is a criminal offence to connect any modified equipment to a cable feed with the intention of receiving free television. This tutorial is for educational purposes only. What you use it for is up to you.

Credits

Mega thanks to everyone! Without whose help this tutorial would still be in loads of bits all over the net! ;-). Especially to: PT-1, Panda, RobbieVox, gernBOT, BlackBeard for their kind words and patience. And of course all the other members on our most favourite online forums that helped me with my silly questions.

DJ OD

no wounder im not getting the channels, it seems the problem is to do with the service.xml, it does not contain all the channels.

Ill had my self another read at the post u have there faz, it seems u already wrote all of this down, but after a couple more looks at the tutorial, i;ve manage to find i skiped a lot of parts from it.

My appolige

regards

akariz

no problem mate just remember when scanning

use enigma image (rudbox)
and use voxcalc

neutrino images are not to good for scanning with (boxcraker)

faz

faz123 said:
this is one of the best guides i have come across for scanning

thanks to DJ OD

Getting a working services.xml file for your DBox2.

This tutorial assumes the following:
You have a DBox2.
You have it already in debug mode.
You have a working cable feed.
You have a 2xI Nokia Dbox. Other types of box will require you to obtain correct images for your box and not the ones linked below.
You are using Windows XP on your PC. Instructions will have to be adapted if you are using another version of Windows.
You have an FTP program, like CuteFTP or SmartFTP installed on your PC.

Hardware you will need for this tutorial:
A crossover network cable.
A null modem serial cable.
A network card in your PC. If you have more than one, disable all except the one you want use.
The default symbol rate and frequency for your area. (AreaCode.pdf in software pack.)

Software you will need:
An enigma image (IE RudBox – from here: h**p://s105883597.websitehome.co.uk/showthread.php?t=212923 ).
A neutrino image (IE BoxCracker – from here h**p://s105883597.websitehome.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210996 ).
VoxCalc (In software pack)
EnConv (In software pack)
Image Flashing Assistant (From here, English version at bottom of page, h**p://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de/freedownloads.php)

Okay lets get started!:

First thing to do is to set up your PC. Create a directory on your PC and put all the software bits and bobs in there. That way, things are easy to find. For the sake of this tutorial we’ll call this folder c:\dbox\. Next double click the Image Flashing Assistant setup file and install this. Now set the IP address of your PC. (You only need to do this is you have not set one for something else, IE a LAN.) To do this, right click on “My Network Places” and select “Properties”, then right click on “Local Area Connection” and select “Properties”. Next, click on “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and then click “Properties”. Click “Use the following IP address” and enter in an IP address and subnet mask used to identify your PC. You can leave the gateway entry blank. I used IP = 198.152.0.2 and Gateway 255.255.255.0. Now click “OK” as many times as needed to close all the property windows. You will also need to set the network card you are using to 10mps Half Duplex. To do this on right click “My Computer”, select “properties”, click on the Hardware Tab and press the “Device Manager” button. Then expand the Network adapters branch and you should have your network card listed, probably marked with 10/100 somewhere. Right click on it and select “properties”. Click on the “advanced” tab and click on the property entry in the menu called “link speed and duplex”. (Note: Some graphics cards have separate entries for this.) Make the settings read 10Mps Half Duplex. Click “OK”.

Now hook up all the stuff!:

Connect the dbox to TV, connect cable feed to dbox. Connect one end of crossover network cable and the null modem serial cable to the sockets on the dbox, the other end to the sockets on your PC. Do NOT plug the dbox into the mains yet, if you did already, just unplug it! Now run the Image Flashing Assistant program you installed before. A screen pops up something like this:

Click on “Scan” and navigate to your C:\dbox\ folder and select the enigma (RudBox) image. Select the network card you connected the network cable to from the drop down list and then select “yes” and choose the port where your serial cable is connected. Once done select “Start”. Click okay after reading the message that pops up. Select “Unblock” should a Windows Firewall warning pop up. Now plug in the dbox and wait for the flashing process to complete. A message will pop up when it’s finished saying something along the lines of flashing process complete, only in German… Select “OK”, and “OK” again. The Image Flashing Assistant will now close.

Now unplug the dbox and plug it in again and watch the TV screen. A pretty young laydee should appear ;-) (If using the RudBox2 image, otherwise it could be any picture really…). The box should boot and present you with a language screen. The obvious choice is to select English. It will then ask if you want to do a scan. Not yet my friend, just press the “Home” key on the remote until all the menus have gone, leaving you with a blank screen and maybe a message along the lines of “No channel found”.

Now on the dbox press the “dbox” key. From the menu select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings” and then “Communication” or “Network”. There should be an option to set and IP address for the dbox. Do this… I used 192.158.000.024 for the IP, and subnet mask 255.255.255.000. This paragraph may not be entirely accurate as I am writing it from memory and don’t have the image loaded in front of me to check every detail. I’m sure you understand…

Back on the PC, using Windows Explorer, navigate to your c:\dbox\ folder and double click the VoxCalc program. A Dos window should open up with a prompt to enter your “default frequency”, so enter it. (Can be found in the AreaCode.pdf file in software pack. Note: Enter the number as shown in the example given in VoxCalc, so if the AreaCode.pdf says your frequency rate is 755.000 enter it into VoxCalc as 755000000 or if it’s 578.250 enter it as 578250000.) Next VoxCalc will ask you for your “symbol rate”, so enter that. (Also found in the AreaCode.pdf file. Note: Enter the number as shown in the example in VoxCalc: So if it’s 6.952 enter it as 6952000. If your symbol rate is not listed in the AreaCode.pdf file, try 6952000. If the scan doesn’t work properly, change it to 6887000, repeat this paragraph to make a new cabels.xml and scan again.) Next it will ask you for a provider name, put in any name you like as it does not appear to matter! (Note: If you are using a “zg0re” image, this name has to be “Kabel Deutschland”.). Once you press enter after entering a name, the program will close and put a “cables.xml” file in your c:\dbox\ folder. Nice!

Now open your favourite FTP program and create a new connection using these details:

Name of connection: “My Dbox”
IP: “198.152.000.024”
Username: “root”
Password: “dbox2”

Once connected, copy the newly made cables.xml file to this folder on the dbox, if there is a cables.xml already there, overwrite it:

/var/tuxbox/config/

Now on the dbox press the “dbox” button, select “settings” and the select “Transponder scan” and then select “Auto scan”. In the network box should be your provider name you specified in your cables.xml. Select it and it will check for a signal. After a while it should say “Transponder found. Do you want to scan for services?”. Make sure “erase all” is ticked then click “Proceed”
It should now scan for channels using the cables.xml file and find lots of channels! Again this paragraph may not be entirely accurate as I am writing it from memory and don’t have the image loaded in front of me to check every detail.

Go back to your PC FTP program and navigate to this folder:

/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Copy the file “services” (Note: NO file extension) to your c:\dbox\ folder. Open up a command prompt (Start, Run, type “command” or “cmd” and enter). Type “C:” (if your not already on c: drive) and then type “CD\” (if you are not already at the c: drive root). Type “cd dbox”, and then type “enconv services services.xml 3 3”. A “services.xml” file should now be created and found in your c:\dbox\ folder.

Now to flash your neutrino image of choice. You should now know how to flash the dbox, but if not do this…

Open the Image Flashing Assistant. Click on “Scan” and navigate to your C:\dbox\ folder and select the neutrino (BoxCracker) image. Select the network card you connected the network cable to from the drop down list and then select “yes” and choose the port where your serial cable is connected. Once done select “Start”. Click okay after reading the message that pops up. Select “Unblock” should a Windows Firewall warning pop up. Now plug in the dbox and wait for the flashing process to complete. A message will pop up when it’s finished saying something along the lines of flashing process complete, only in German… Select “OK”, and “OK” again. The Image Flashing Assistant will now close.

Now unplug the dbox and plug it in again and watch the TV screen. You should get the BoxCracker loading screens and eventually get a picture. You should now hopefully have ALL the channels with the exception of all Front Row Channels bar a few. This is another story…

Editing your services.xml file to include PPV.

First of all, have a hunt around on the net/forums for a services.xml file that is generally near your area. (I have included one in the software pack for reference) Download it and open it in Internet Explorer. Scroll down the file until you see a bit that relates to Front Row. Should look like this:

Now open your services.xml file in Notepad. (Some say Notepad is bad and you should use a proper XML editor, like UltraEdit. I did try this and found I had more success with Notepad, weird…) Look for a line that looks like the image below and replace the highlighted text in the image below, with the highlighted text in the image above.

Note the different channel service_id and service_type. Repeat this process for all of the blocks of text relating to Front Row and save your new services.xml (Hope you backed up the old one, in case it don’t work ;-)) FTP this new file back to your dbox as described earlier in the tutorial and reset the dbox. You should now hopefully have all channels and PPV!

If you do, don’t forget to upload them to your favourite online forum ;-). If you don’t well, best go ask a few questions on your favourite online forum. Please give as much information about the problem as that will make it easier to the guys there to help you.

If it’s only your PPV that’s not working try this.

The 5 or so PPV channels your initial scan find are not really PPV channels at all. They are NVOD channels each of which contains several PPV channels. Each of these channels has a SID, which you need to find for you area. If you select one of the NVOD channels and then press right on your remote, you MIGHT get the first PPV channel going. This seems a bit hit and miss, but eventually with patience you should get one. Try different channels until you do get one going. Once you have a channel running, press RED & then BLUE and you will see some technical info, including the SID for that PPV Channel. All the PPV channels under the current NVOD will be sequential. You can then add entries for that complete NVOD, either by adding 1 to, or taking 1 off the hex number in the quotes for the channel service_id. If you look at the example images above it will make more sense.

I think that’s about it for this tutorial. Good luck!!!

Disclaimer

I nor anyone else, nor any online forum mentioned at any point in this tutorial take any responsibility for any damage to any equipment you choose to tamper with based on this tutorials information.

It is a criminal offence to connect any modified equipment to a cable feed with the intention of receiving free television. This tutorial is for educational purposes only. What you use it for is up to you.

Credits

Mega thanks to everyone! Without whose help this tutorial would still be in loads of bits all over the net! ;-). Especially to: PT-1, Panda, RobbieVox, gernBOT, BlackBeard for their kind words and patience. And of course all the other members on our most favourite online forums that helped me with my silly questions.

DJ OD

ask me about n*l boxes but these i was told it takes 5 mins to get one going
i have bought one off the ebay i was also told the ones woth the amd chips are shite cos they keep freezing up
anyway guys just bought this do i have to do all what is mentioned above i dont wanna be sponn fed but any help will be great fitrst time is allways hard

Nokia D-Box 2 Cable Receiver

Enjoy digital TV reception in best quality with dolby digital 5.1 sound features with the powerfull and easy to use Linux Neutrino operating system.

- Linux Neutrino 2.0 is already installed (OSD is english)

- the box is in perfect condition (refurbished by Premiere)

- the box comes in original packing and was only unpacked for modification

- 2x Intel flash memory and Avia 500 chip

- incl. original remote control and batteries

- incl. cables (scart, antenna + power) and CDR with original operation system and tools

- the box has some pixel errors on the display (about 6 vertical lines).
This is only an optical failure and won't affect the function anyway.

The DBox is in debug mode (bootloader is open) so that other operating systems can be installed easiely.

is it ok? and do i have to go through all of the above?

that sounds just fine mate and yes you have to do most of the things posted but i would suggest you flash another image to the box as they do not usually work out of the box with the image that is on them.

i would recommend boxcraker

as for the scanning you may be lucky if you let us know your area and provider we may be able to find 1 that area .

just read all the posts mate and you will get there and you wont be dissapointed

good luck

faz

thanks faz 123

what do you reckon do these tuts as you know better

they are ok but go about it the long way

have alook at the tutorials in my posts as thease are the ones that i used and found them easy to understand.

faz

ok wish me luck im gonna give it a shot! any last comments before i start ??

take a deep breath and remove any throwable objects out of the way. lol

faz

jimmyq said:
ok wish me luck im gonna give it a shot! any last comments before i start ??

get the tv, dbox, pc all connected in the same room..other wise its just gonna get to frustating.

Make sure the splitters are from a good brand, i think i saw some post about not recieving any signal, sometimes it is to do with the splitter.

If u get stuck anywhere just ask...THIS IS THE BEST TEAM U WILL FIND...so dont be shy and ask at anytime if u get stuck.

oh, when loading y'r image , using imaflash assistant, dont forget to wait for the final box that appers saying ok in german slang, or u will have just a green screen dispalyed in y'r dbox lcd.

Having all of this said, dont worry if u dont understand many operations language from the dbox.
But with time u will actually enjoy having a play with this box.
I have just started but all seems more interesting now.

U just need to get a good knowlege of connecting y'r box 2 the pc, using images, flash assistant, and i think the rest will just follow up.

Best of luck BLOBBY

regards

akariz

i have just use rudbox and done a scan after creating the cable xml, got the channels i was missing but lost some i already had...uuhhhhh.

So i got the service file after , did all that show in the manual faz has posted, and then flahed the BoxCracker_HEAD_3.5_Reloaded_2xI...
i then proceeded and copy and pasted the newly created files and cable xml..not much luck, did get some channels working, but most were not...so i went back and had me another read at the tutorials, and opened up the sevices.xml with internet explore, but unfortnually the front row names where xactlly the same as the cimson editor, i did how ever try and opened them as well with note pad...but got the same info so i was not abble to change much...
eg..
<channel service_id="fff7" name="NVOD28" service_type="04"/>

aim gonna try and copy the channels i manage to scan using rudbox, and them copy the channels i found there to the service.xml i was missing the channels from.

Ill see what the results are....
Let me know if there something more i could be doing or even if im going in he wrong way.

k, does any one has a zapeditor in english?

i had no luck.... when i copied the channels i got from my new search, to the

service.xml i had...i think it is because of the provider name that changed....

i had a look at zapeditor and i manage to get all the info from the channels just

found, now to try and copy these over to file of channels i already have.

It seems most of the service file i download dont seem to have all of the channels

for wolverhampton, twest, just some of them.

ok guys...i have been here for hours now...but still cant find out much...

It seems i manage to get diferent channels, using service files i get from forum and the ones i manage to get trough scanning...

Is there any way to join the 2 service.xml togheter, since i get part of the channels in 1 and another part in the other?

regards

akariz

Akariz what area are you in and i will try and get you an up to date xml file.
Also if you could start a new thread when you are asking something different as this thread has changed topic a few to many times.
I am closing it for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back