Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - £73.95

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
Nokia 770 Internet Tablet

The Nokia 770 Internet Tablet is designed exclusively for Internet use. It enables easy broadband access to the Internet over Wi-Fi. This unit has no phone functionality.

b141019.jpg

Technical Details

•Size:
- Weight: 230 g
- Dimensions: 141 x 79 x 19 mm •Colour:
- Black and matte silver •Display:
- High-resolution (800x480) touch screen with up to 65,536 colours •Operating Temperatures:
- -10°C to +55 °C •Memory:
- Engine: DDR RAM 64MB
- Memory: Flash 128MB (>64MB for user)
- Memory card: 64MB RS-MMC (Reduced Size - MultiMediaCard) •Operating System:
Internet Tablet OS 2006 edition
* Key Applications:
Web Browser (Opera 8) with Flash player
Internet calling
Instant Messaging
Email Client
Internet Radio
RSS Feed Reader
* Media, Utilities and Games:
Audio/Video player
Image viewer
PDF viewer
Application manager
File Manager
Clock
Search
Calculator
Notes and Sketch
Games (Chess, Mahjong, Marbles)
•Supported File Formats:
- Audio: MP3, Real Audio, MPEG4, AAC, WAV, AMR, MP2
- Image: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PNG, Animated GIF format, SVG-tiny, ICO
- Video: MPEG1, MPEG4, Real Video, H.263, AVI, 3GP •Connectivity:
- WLAN: 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth specification: 1.2, For Internet connection and file transfer via phone Profiles supported: Dial-up Networking, File Transfer, Generic Access, SIM Access and Serial Port profiles
- USB device mode for PC connectivity
- RS-MMC
- 3.5 mm stereo audio out
- Power connector (2mm) •Language Support
- User Interface: British English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, American English, Canadian French, Mexican Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
- User's Guide: Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English, French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese, Mexican Spanish

How much are these usually and also does it play videos?

- Video: MPEG1, MPEG4, Real Video, H.263, AVI, 3GP

Although it doesn't mention divx. :(

Battery life isn't that great either...3 hours of browsing time. Imagine if you were watching a film.

Last edited:
We develop stuff for Nokia products so I may be a little biased but this is one of the best small screens ever made. It beats the pants out of any other small screen including the PSP. These were originally around £230-£250 from what I remember.

If you travel alot and want a small portable video player this is an excellent toy. I remember watching a whole film on it so the battery cant be that bad.

Ordered one yesterday.......12 day wait for the unit.
I have read alot of info and it sounds ok........Well the proof is in the pudding.

Retro

Can you let us know if you think it is any good, once received

Based on those reviews, not such a good buy. I think I'll pass. I need multifunction devices these days, my rucksack is way too heavy

Based on them reviews? It got good reviews recomended from both people. 4 stars each. A newer version has just come out, not sure of the price tho.

yes, but the cons far outweighed the pro's for me. It's not about the stars

I used to work for Nokia, the 770 was a good little device - for this price it would be madness not to get one. It does a good impression as a GPS as well and has quite a good open source backing.

Natch, the 880 is better but not by much. I used to play with one of these things constantly when I was with Nokia, its just such a good thing. Not sure what useful things I would do with it though now...

yeh ive read reviews on this little item and it seems great but true about lack of battery life... oh well

Back