Noisy clone DM 800 Fan

I've thought of that but my internal fan does not turn off when I put the box in standby! :(

there are plugins like fan control 2 that allows you to turn the fan off when the box is in standby.

i used to do it with my 800se but as the box is pretty much identical when in standby it got quite warm and i could smell that warm electrical smell after a few hours

If you decide to use the relay, the fan will be powered by existing connection. The "trigger" will be from scart.

Ok, got it. Thanks!

Did you do this
Press menu/set up/system/a/v settings,
[...]

Yes, I've done it (but I set the aspect ratio to 4:3, since I need ~12V from the SCART), but it did not change. Still not enough power to make the fan start. :(

there are plugins like fan control 2 that allows you to turn the fan off when the box is in standby.

i used to do it with my 800se but as the box is pretty much identical when in standby it got quite warm and i could smell that warm electrical smell after a few hours

So you don't recommend using it? It's better to have the fan constantly on?

So you don't recommend using it? It's better to have the fan constantly on?

Personally yes but I've not heard any stories of people's boxes failing because the fans off when in standby

Sent from my telephone.

Where can I find the plugin though? I've only found one for the DM8000 and it does not install on the 800.
Thanks!

I had a Dm800 for about a year or so the fan gave up after a week I remved the fan and sat it on a usb notebook cooler and it never caused me any trouble.

That's ok, but it's not the point. I want the fan to turn off when the DM is in standby, and this does not happen with the notebook cooler...

Have you installed any plugins? Fan control 2 has an option to turn the fan off when the box is in standby!

Assuming its not just the 800se that has a fan that can be enigma 2 plugin controlled that is :)

Sent from my telephone.

Have you installed any plugins? Fan control 2 has an option to turn the fan off when the box is in standby!

I would love to but I can't seem to find it. I've found one version but it's for the 8000 and it wouldn't install on my 800...

Maybe you can't software control the dm800's fan then, just the 800se :( eBay a zalman fanmate 2 they are dirt cheap and have a little twiddly knob that you can stick to your box as it comes with a sticky pad and can easily control a fan up and down :)

Sent from my telephone.

Back