No tuner lock

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have had my solo2 for about 2 years connected to a satellite dish and a cable tuner Yesterday I was watching bbc 1 on the satellite tuner I then turned the solo2 off and went out when I got back I had no satellite tuner lock and no channels even after a brute force scan. The cable channels are ok
is there any way of checking the cable or tuners I have swapped the cables from A to B and this made no difference

I have had my solo2 for about 2 years connected to a satellite dish and a cable tuner Yesterday I was watching bbc 1 on the satellite tuner I then turned the solo2 off and went out when I got back I had no satellite tuner lock and no channels even after a brute force scan. The cable channels are ok
is there any way of checking the cable or tuners I have swapped the cables from A to B and this made no difference

You could check for voltage out of the tuners with a multi meter if the voltages are correct for H & V channels then take a look at the LNB.

Do i take it the tuner config is correct ? Is this a clone a real box just for info.

Its a real box, tuner config is unchanged I have swapped the cables round . the one cable had pulled out of the connector and while I was trying to reconnect it the BBC 1 channel would come on but when I had it screwed up tight no channels were working

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Its a real box, tuner config is unchanged I have swapped the cables round . the one cable had pulled out of the connector and while I was trying to reconnect it the BBC 1 channel would come on but when I had it screwed up tight no channels were working

Re do the f connector mate and do not have the central core protrude much further than 3-4 mm above the thread.

Thanks when I swap the cables I still get no channel's the out put from the tuners is 0.74mv

Still no channels found ,time out for tuner lock

You should be getting 14/18 volts mate.

If your not try re image its possible it could be corrupt. You will of rebooted etc ?

Done a reimage nothing connected on scan fresh install did not use backup

Run rats bouqets or install a channel list go to that channel and check the voltages again out of the tuner.

Obviously setup the tuners in tuner config first.

How many satellite cables do you have connected to the receiver?
What is each tuner configured as?

The tuner closest to the edge has 14 volts on bbc1 the inner one has no voltage how should I configure this tuner to get it working

You configure it to match what is connected to it.

If it is connected to a 28.2 LNB, set it as, simple, single, 28.2.

Hi Abu it is configured like that but I don't get a tuner lock on either tuner only the cable USB tuner is working

Hi Abu it is configured like that but I don't get a tuner lock on either tuner only the cable USB tuner is working

Well this suggest to me the tuners are working becuase you have voltage so it could possible the lnb or dish alignment that is the problem.

I don't think it is alignment as it was working until 9 am and at 11:45 it wasn't. No strong winds between those hours so must be the lnb as swapping cables not helping

No I got rid of my older ones , no where to store them

I don't think it is alignment as it was working until 9 am and at 11:45 it wasn't. No strong winds between those hours so must be the lnb as swapping cables not helping

So if your tuners are both set

Simple
Single
28e

And you still have no signal and your convinced its not alignment then swap out the lnb .

I would if could but I am 69 and although it only on the chimney on a bungalow it is beyond my capability

Back