no sound for some channels

anaq75

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a technomate 6900hd combo that i am using in Ghana. when i scan for channels using both the satellite and digital area, i get quality picture on all channels but sound on most of the channels doesn't come. do i need to download some sound files, pls help me.

I am having similar problems with my 8000HD.

I am trying to use a toslink and have it wired into my Arcam amplifier. All the main HD channels you would expect from ASTRA 28.2E work fine ;) with sound, but no sound plays out of my toslink for the non-HD channels. It does however play through my phono but I obviously want to take advantage of my 5.1 surround.

Any ideas?

I am having similar problems with my 8000HD.

I am trying to use a toslink and have it wired into my Arcam amplifier. All the main HD channels you would expect from ASTRA 28.2E work fine ;) with sound, but no sound plays out of my toslink for the non-HD channels. It does however play through my phono but I obviously want to take advantage of my 5.1 surround.

Any ideas?
If you open the TM6900 menu-> a/v output settings-> digital audio set this to dolby SPDIF, and it works with toslink

If you open the TM6900 menu-> a/v output settings-> digital audio set this to dolby SPDIF, and it works with toslink

Thanks for replying but error remains.

That is what it is set to, but it won't work on non-HD channels :eek:

Back