No Luck With DM500s

papa2

DW Member +
Reaction score
I've got a Dm500s here with a permanent green light on , I've seen this before and usually re-flashing sorts it,
but not in this case , I've tried 2 different cables, 2 versions of dream up, and even tried the erase flash image before re-flashing ,but still only getting the solid green light and nothing on dreambox,
is it time for the bin or can it be recovered ?

i bet its the power supply mate, have you another to try or not, iv had this a few times on a few different 500's and its always been the power supply, ya can get them off ebay for around £7

i bet its the power supply mate, have you another to try or not, iv had this a few times on a few different 500's and its always been the power supply, ya can get them off ebay for around £7

Need to have a dig around , should find one somewhere , I'll let you know how it goes

i know most netgear and dlink routers have the same power supply, but make sure there 12v as abu has said 1st, good luck, let us know if it works!

i had the same problem on my openmedia 500sc,
which in a nutshell is a dm500s and dm500c in one,
i took it back to the guy i brought it from,
there was a fault with the box,
he had to replace it,
i think something on the board went wrong.
dont ask me what exactly, cause i dont know lol

you could always try a different power supply...

Last edited:
Well I've given up on this , tried the power supply from an old DM600 I had lying about and still couldnt get it to work ,
it's my daughters box , so just flashed the latest Open Pli image on the Dm600 and going to give her that instead

Back