Win 10 no dhcp no internet

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
suddenly widows 10 has decided that because i have a fixed ip address i cannot connect to the internet I have had enable dhcp to write this and look for a solution to this it was all right this morning

this-windows-10-joke-just-won-the-internet-491641-3.jpg

Windows 10, the "there, we fixed it" edition
sorry mate just had to

Could you just not get your router to always allocate a specific IP address. I do it for the odd devices I want to ensure always has the same IP address.

suddenly widows 10 has decided that because i have a fixed ip address i cannot connect to the internet I have had enable dhcp to write this and look for a solution to this it was all right this morning

Don't know why it's done that mate. I normally use static ip's internally so can turn DHCP off on the router, but now and again I use a mixture.

Are you sure it's not your router playing hardball? My last router kept resetting itself before it gave up, and as I normally change my 3rd LAN octet for security, when it resets the statics can't see router.

Most routers these days should also be able to do some kind of ip reservation locked to a nic's mac address, if the same ip for each device is important and you're stuck with DHCP

Thanks for the replies my router is a virgin super hub. I think the problem was my wife's android phone its IP should have been 0.3 but some how it was connecting as 0.2 the same as my laptop's after changing that phone to 0.5 the win 10 laptop seems to be OK I found this by checking what was connected to the superhub. I don't know why the android phone was showing as 0.3 and connecting as 0.2 on the superhub

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

I don't know what it is with VM but i've had a andoird phone that wouldn't connect to vm router. When I looked into it further, the mac address of phone was shown as all scrambled on vm router but phone was ok with others routers!

Back