nintendo wii

Red Steel is OK.

Depends on the gamer, as you can probably tell by the reviews. Some people say it abit crap and others say its abit good. If your used to playing AAA grade games by Nintendo, Square, Sega and the like most of the time then you will think the controls and other pysics are a little below par. But if your the kind of gamer who is used to playing games of a varying quality of craftmanship then you will very much like Red Steel.

Ubisoft did rush it out in time for launch, but they are making a 2nd one which will hopfully improve on the current 10 ten fold....

Theres some very nice graphics and effects in it though, shows the potential of the console. Get yourself some component cables to get the most out of it, or at the very very least an RGB Scart.

Red Steel is OK.

Depends on the gamer, as you can probably tell by the reviews. Some people say it abit crap and others say its abit good. If your used to playing AAA grade games by Nintendo, Square, Sega and the like most of the time then you will think the controls and other pysics are a little below par. But if your the kind of gamer who is used to playing games of a varying quality of craftmanship then you will very much like Red Steel.

Hmmm, think I'll return it and then rent it or look for it second hand. I'm happy with Zelda and Sports at the minute and would rather spend the money on extra wiimotes tbh.

Hmmm, think I'll return it and then rent it or look for it second hand. I'm happy with Zelda and Sports at the minute and would rather spend the money on extra wiimotes tbh.

I think you should rent it mate, cant go wrong with a rent... Been playing it abit more now and have got used to the controls. I think theres a fair amount of fun to be had out of it. Has alot of good points but you can see why some people rate it poorly. Cant wait for a good FPS to come out, the controls could work sooooo well if implimented corectly.

Looks like Metroid Prime 3 is going to be the first game to make a success out of the Wii controls in an FPS enviroment. IGN has previewed it and say the controlls are definetly better than a keyboard and mouse combo... Personaly I think alot of games developers will look at the controls on Metroid 3 and base their own games on them, which doesnt sound like a bad idea...

as you know guys wont be playing wii till christmas day so what do you make of it over all? and have you had any problems with em being launch consoles? im hoping they ironed out the problems they had in the states before they sent the uk batch out. i will be gutted if my boy opens it christmas day and it doesnt work lol.

as you know guys wont be playing wii till christmas day so what do you make of it over all? and have you had any problems with em being launch consoles? im hoping they ironed out the problems they had in the states before they sent the uk batch out. i will be gutted if my boy opens it christmas day and it doesnt work lol.
From what I saw the big problems in the states were issues with early system software, apart from people throwing their controllers through tv screens :), and applying updates over the internet failing. Mine did two updates over the internet once connected with no problem, so I think they sorted that. One slight problem I've had is that on a couple of occasions it hasn't wanted to read the disc. In every case removing the disc and putting it back in has fixed the problem.

From what I saw the big problems in the states were issues with early system software, apart from people throwing their controllers through tv screens :), and applying updates over the internet failing. Mine did two updates over the internet once connected with no problem, so I think they sorted that. One slight problem I've had is that on a couple of occasions it hasn't wanted to read the disc. In every case removing the disc and putting it back in has fixed the problem.

ah thats good then cheers m8.

whats it like connecting to a router via wifi tricky or not? i know with my ds it took alot of messing around with advanced settings on the router.

If you've already set up a DS the Wii should be straightforward. The WiFi set up is virtually the same as the DS, except the Wii supports WPA2, so the only router setting you might need to add would be the mac address on the access list. All the WiFi connection gets you right now is a couple of updates and the shopping channel. I saw somewhere that the internet channel will be available from 12/22 but not sure how reliable that is. Weather and News I don't know, probably the new year.

You can set up email as well, with each address you want to receive mail from needing to be invited from the wii itself. No spam here. To initiate the request you go into your wii address book and add an email address. The system then sends a registration request to that address, which can be another wii or a regular email account. Once the recipient replies to the email their wii address book entry becomes active and you can now exchange email.

Back