nintendo wii or xbox 360

cayo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys thinking of buying a games console can you guys give me the pros cons between the nintendo wii and the xbox 360 would be great if i could play divx on them

ive just got my wii today and must admit its alot of fun, but you get tired lol, 360 on the other hand has loads of games, but why not get a ps3. motion senosor and great games(in the future)

To me the Wii is a kids novelty machine, my son wants one for his birthday and I really don't want to waste my money on it - BUT - it's selling like hotcakes and those that own it love it, it's just not my cup of tea.

if its gameplay n graphics etc if that your thing then get the 360 if your engergetic n want to act fullish infront of tv then get wii, for me its 360

i will have to ralk nice to the missis maybe she buy me both nice one guys

i would go for Wii it will keep you in shape too, no need to go gym.

i personally had the same choice as u as well but i opted to wii. I think people have forgotten that gaming is about entertainment and fun. E.g if u take space invaders it had great graphics (at the time) and it was fun to play. Nowadays games are missing that element.

Overall, i am still not dissapointed with my wii so go for it!!!

So you're saying that the Wii is 'fun gameplay' and the xbox 360 isn't?

So you're saying that the Wii is 'fun gameplay' and the xbox 360 isn't?
I'm with Raven3k. I'm not saying the xbox 360 doesn't have good games, or that they aren't entertaining. But the Wii has made Fun its prime objective, and that shows. In that sense the Wii is the console equivalent of popping out into the garden and having a kick around before dinner, whereas the xbox 360 is more like going out to a movie.

HEHE.
witchy2k1, I like your Avatar, from which of the Monkey Island's games it was? In any case, all of them were great. Hope there was a game like that in the consoles.

I have the same dilema, I'm thinking in buying the wii or the 360 (the ps3 is too expensive, having already a good pc).
I'm thinking seriously in buying the wii becuase of the price and for multiplayer in the same console and quick action (I mean, xbox have better graphics, but it looks like the games are more time consuming.)
Don't know... I'll have to wait a little more to see more games for the wii and then decide.

It's the wee map seller guy from Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 4 is available on consoles mate (PS2)

Wii is great if you have lots of friends to play with. Novelty wears of when it is just you that is why I bought a 360 as well. Fun games like Warioware, Cooking with Mamma, etc bought for Wii. Things like Call of Duty 3 bought for 360

Wii is great if you have lots of friends to play with. Novelty wears of when it is just you that is why I bought a 360 as well. Fun games like Warioware, Cooking with Mamma, etc bought for Wii. Things like Call of Duty 3 bought for 360

Spot on m8.

I bought a Wii, got bored of it in the first few weeks, sold it. Got a 360, still going strong!

Dont get me wrong Wii is great, but the novelty wares off after a few weeks. Although, I am thinking of getting a Wii again! lol.

I would say base your choice on this....if you can't get both:

- If your friends constantly frequent your house every day/evening then a wii is required, the boxing, baseball, golf etc of wii sports is eternal and always great when your smashed

OR

If you are more into serious one man gaming then go for the xbox360, good games and good online if you dont mind talking to your mates through a headset lol.

:) :)

The Wi, in my opinion, is the better for social gaming. You will have some great moments on it...

But like someone said above the Ps3 has good potential IMO.

It's the wee map seller guy from Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 4 is available on consoles mate (PS2)

No way!!! : shocked2 I didn't knew it. If not, I would have it...

In any case, and reading I can install the chip as well (didn't knew neither (how many new things can you learn in one day??? :p) I think I'll get a Wii for my birthday (three weeks), so I'll have to start "dropping the bomb" in the middle of conversations with the family : big crow

Back