News for peps Who dont Twitter

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
# Extra code implemented to accommodate unforseen scenario,tested successfully! 3:27 AM Nov 29th from API
# Making adjustments to performance data, more testing! 12:08 PM Nov 27th from API
# Performing tests! 11:09 AM Nov 26th from API
# Lots of performance data put into fw! 12:05 PM Nov 23rd from API
# Note: backups need to have SplitVid from now on to be safe for LT 5:34 PM Nov 22nd from API
# LT is not only Lite Touch, lots of great new code making this version the most accurate fw eva! :) 12:14 PM Nov 22nd from API
# new code looking good, lots of new code! 12:07 PM Nov 22nd from API
# #iXtreme LT for all drives, in dev/testing and going well. No ETA! 10:16 AM Nov 19th from tircd
# iX LT coming along nicely!

You can see this info for yourself and keep upto date
search teamjungle on the twitter home page and you will find them
looks like there on the job which is great news
i have 1 or 2 consoles that have survived so i will give it a go when they release it ...
One thing i will be doing is ripping all my own games ,As i will just lend /hire any game i wish to play online all the other games i will play on my banned console to asses if there's any online content worth playing
I just dont trust DL images

Last thing anyone explain SplitVid accurately to me ?
ive 1/2 an idea but i would like clarification ...

Splitvid hasnt been an issue since 1.4 as it was coded to give back the right responses.
But it seem things have changed, i always got abgx to fix the splitvid anyways, i rather fix as much as i can before burning, rather than let the firm do it.

From ABGX360:

If you put an Xbox 360 disc in a normal DVD video player you will see a screen that says, "To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console." This happens because there's a DVD video partition on the disc which is split over both layers on original discs. On normal backups the video partition is all on layer 0, and hacked firmwares are supposed to redirect reads to the layer 1 video back to layer 0. However, it was discovered that some hacked firmware versions prior to the release of iXtreme were not doing this properly, and if the Xbox 360 host tried to read the entire video partition, the second part of it would be blank because the firmware started reading from layer 1 instead of continuing to read from layer 0 like it was supposed to. One solution to this problem was called SplitVid, and it works by appending the layer 1 video to the end of an iso (padded up to the proper position based on PFI) so that when these buggy firmwares start reading from layer 1 they will actually read the layer 1 video instead of blank data. The better solution is to simply upgrade your firmware to the latest iXtreme version because these old firmwares have even more security holes, even if you have a perfectly stealthed disc. iXtreme versions prior to v1.4 also have a bug in disc jitter (see 'Is there such a thing as a "bad kreon rip"?' for more on this). If you still want to add SplitVid (or even if you want to remove it) you can select your preference in the Misc tab. The default behavior is to not check for it and just leave it the way it is, because if you're using iXtreme firmware it doesn't matter if a backup has SplitVid or not; data past the game partition will not be readable by the Xbox 360 host.

And you dont need to have twitter to check the Jf page just go to.
Team Jungle (TeamJungle) on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Issues with non-verb media, more performance data, more code, more testing.

Ah lucky i started using verbs again.

Back