newby v+ box question

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

i have had 2 pace 4010 and currently a samsung 2100 all done by myself so i know the basics jtag using mosc and funcards etc. I have stayed away from v+ as there was only bbc HD and used a dvd recorder if i needed anything recorded but since more HD channels have come out i have decided to get one.

I know you can only get the bk number by having a paired card (only have a dynamic card reader so what do i need).
Is tb easy to find and remove? where is the ird number (on the card). I heard you sometimes have problems with it resetting and you need an adaptor?

forgot to ask does the box have area codes, or will it reset when moved from say scotland so south england?

thanks all

Last edited:
You will need to blank/change the 512 chip to reset the net id back to 09999. If moving to a pure area it will set net id itself if not you will need an atmega prog'd to set net id. Remove R202 in the tuner to cut talkback. Rebooting was cured on mine with one of these:

Cable Box TV filter Noise Blocker NTL VIRGIN TW on eBay (end time 18-Aug-09 21:35:59 BST)

Ird can be obtained from the em and converting to hex using windows calculator. To ontain bk from card you will need a pheonix programmer.

the 512 chip can be programmed with the netid before fitting ,you dont need to remove R202 just fit the noise filter then in em it will say return path N/A
also finding a V+ box with a paired card that hasn't been connected after the sub was cancelled is quite hard

edogg

can these noise filters be used on pace d4000 and samsung 2100,2110 or do you still have to cut talkback on these boxes

im not sure mate, im sure one of these two will help

regarding the net id, if its in scotland and moved to a pure area the net id will auto change then, is that what your saying?

thanks

regarding the net id, if its in scotland and moved to a pure area the net id will auto change then, is that what your saying?

thanks

You can cut the tb in the box or use noise blockers instaed on ANY box. Personally I like to cut the tb for peice of mind.

I know what you mean mate, dont want that knock on door

thanks
Think he was wrong there mate. It may autoset when from one "pure" area to another but certainly won't from any of the other 2 providers.

Chookey

it does reset from one pure to another pure area m8

Back