newbie to dreamboxes 500s

KHM

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have recently brought a dreambox 500s and it has got the enigma image pre installed.

What i would like to know is this a good image or are there any better ones oute there.

i have read stillabrummies thread (good info) before i posted this and I am still lost, mainly because i have been doing dboxes.

after reading the thread i looked for as much info as possible, to post.

all i know is, is that i have an enigma image, no idea of what the mcad or evocad's are, or what versions i have, I havelooked everywhere.

On the plus side, did a scan and picked up loads of channels, most didn't work, don't know if it is because they aren't cracked 9 i beleive that is the case.

Using a normal s#y digital setup and dish.

Forgive my ignorance.

thank in advance

If you're using a normal sky dish then it'll be pointing at the sky satellite.

All these channels are encrypted and the only way to view them is to have a valid subscription card. There's no hack for sky like there is for cable.

Some european packages are hacked but the dish would need to be moved and pointed at one of the other satellites to be able to pick them up.

Gemini is a good image, can't go wrong with that.

Thanks

The other point i was trying to make but was way off was about the CAMS.

any idea where to find them? as i wish to know whether i have Camd & MGcamd installed?

Thanks again

Thanks

The other point i was trying to make but was way off was about the CAMS.

any idea where to find them? as i wish to know whether i have Camd & MGcamd installed?

Thanks again

just hit the blue button on your remote and you will then see the blue panel on your screen this will show you what cam you have loaded

if it's a brand new box it might not have a gemini image installed it might just be a bog standard enigma based image with no blue buton menu to install the cams.

i would install a nabilosat image as for me they have been the most stable and look the best too,and everything including cams and keys are downloadble via the remote(on a networked box)

but as df said you wont get much on 28.2e without a valid sub m8

jsut new to this dream box, i have a sky dish and decoder with valid card, is it true if i get this dream box i can just pay the basic sub and recieve all channels?

jsut new to this dream box, i have a sky dish and decoder with valid card, is it true if i get this dream box i can just pay the basic sub and recieve all channels?

no not at all you can only get what you pay for on 28.2e (skys satellite) if you only pay for a basic sub then thats all you get regardless of which reciever you put it in

Back