Newbie Needs help on anew TM 5402hd

popssad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok all this stuff about patches,cams and cards is doing me in this old man needs some expert help.

What are the patches for and and in what order are they installed also how do you access these channels, also how are these keys added. Also can these patches be removed at any time.

Dish is on a motorised system set-up gets 28,19,13 east so far

As you will have noticed I have never done this before but like everything else will try anything.
Any help would be much appreciated

:THANKS:

hello mate and welcome,
I"ll have a try at starting you off .
the patches are used mainly for allowing softcams to be installed that give access to some channels that you otherwise would not be able to open.
as a rule you only need to load the latest patch for your model but it MUST be for your exact model ie:(TM5402HD in your case)after loading the patch you then load latest technomate softcam which at the moment will open the bulsat channels on 39East and Arqiva on 5East,and a couple of rai channels on 13East.
to remove the patch you either overwrite it with another one or use the official software.patches and softcams can after unpacking be installed via usb stick or rs232 null modem cable but you will need a loader if using the rs232 cable.but as I said before do not try and load a patch that is not for your exact model.

hello again mate,
I"ve dug these up for you to play with its unzip all of them 1st then apply patch followed by softcam I"ve also sent an add on for your box but youll have to ask others what thats for as I dont have that box.the one dated 27 nov 10 is the official update from technomate but you shouldnt need that.

Thanks very appreciate all the help
Will need to wait till she who soap watches leaves so that I can get started.
I assume that the addon gets put on first then the patch and lastly the key and am I right in saying reset box between each or is this not needed.

Last edited:
Just a little info
A few years back I bought my first sat setup from aldi, replaced the box later with a Fortec Star took that back too many problems, my last one was a Humax HD not bad but had it's little faults always wanted a Technomate and finally at a price I could afford does what I want and pic quality is very good.
It's also a good looking box love the menu system compared to the others.

unzip the phantompatch, addon and softcam to a memory stick, and load in this order

phantompatch
addon
softcam

hello mate and welcome,
the patches are used mainly for allowing softcams to be installed that give access to some channels that you otherwise would not be able to open.
as a rule you only need to load the latest patch for your model but it MUST be for your exact model ie:(TM5402HD in your case)after loading the patch you then load latest technomate softcam which at the moment will open the bulsat channels on 39East and Arqiva on 5East,and a couple of rai channels on 13East.
to remove the patch you either overwrite it with another one or use the official software.patches and softcams can after unpacking be installed via usb stick or rs232 null modem cable but you will need a loader if using the rs232 cable.but as I said before do not try and load a patch that is not for your exact model.

Got all the stuff on tried the RAI channels at 19e but nothing there am I doing something wrong :proud:

Got all the stuff on tried the RAI channels at 19e but nothing there am I doing something wrong :proud:

C+NL 19e down at the moment m8

Hot Bird @ 13° East - RAI 1 RAI 2 - RAI 3 - RAI 4 10992 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S/MPEG-2 ok

sorry to hijack the thread but im thinking of getting one of these boxes for my dad. How do you adda cline into this box and is it stable ?

squig007

hello mate and welcome,

Does this box not work with Astra?

are you talking about sky uk astra 2 28.2 east they don't open with any patches or softcam on any box.
these are the channels and packages that could open with the right patch and the right softcam
Bulsat Irdeto2 @ 39°East 01.04.11 ok
Canal Digitaal Nederland @ 19 East Irdeto2 ok
WDS SD 11278 V 2893 @10.East Irdeto2 ok
AustriaSat Cryptoworks @ 19.2East ok
ORF Digital Cryptoworks @ 19.2East ok
Mezzo 12245 H27500 @ 13 east ok
Disney channel@ 9.east 11727 v 27500 ok
Ant 1 europe @ 39 East 11052 V30000 ok
TV Globo Internacional @ 13,0East 01 ok
Mediatech Only the Seca channels @ Amos 4°W 11258 H 27500 ok
RAI 1+2+3+4 (S2) @ 13°East ok
you could get the others with an addon for cccam or cardshare client only
but not for free.

are you talking about sky uk astra 2 28.2 east they don't open with any patches or softcam on any box.
these are the channels and packages that could open with the right patch and the right softcam
Bulsat Irdeto2 @ 39°East 01.04.11 ok
Canal Digitaal Nederland @ 19 East Irdeto2 ok
WDS SD 11278 V 2893 @10.East Irdeto2 ok
AustriaSat Cryptoworks @ 19.2East ok
ORF Digital Cryptoworks @ 19.2East ok
Mezzo 12245 H27500 @ 13 east ok
Disney channel@ 9.east 11727 v 27500 ok
Ant 1 europe @ 39 East 11052 V30000 ok
TV Globo Internacional @ 13,0East 01 ok
Mediatech Only the Seca channels @ Amos 4°W 11258 H 27500 ok
RAI 1+2+3+4 (S2) @ 13°East ok
you could get the others with an addon for cccam or cardshare client only
but not for free.
I was thinking of getting this box to use on a CS. Glad you told me I can't get normal $ly channels! One of the b0xes is a TM500 and that's working fine, is that a non-linux based receiver like this 5402 or is it different?

Actually, can you just confirm that Astra 28.2 doesn't work with CS on these boxes? Because that's what I want to do

I thought TM 5402HD is CCCam compatible so as long as you have a C-Line with Sly UK 28.2 packages on it..it should workd on 5402HD if it accepts CCCam C-lines ?? Is this not the case

Definitely works on TM 500 and Super using CCCam C-line...TM500/Super/600 are Linux recievers. Not good for CCCam server usage though, unable to read certain cards with CCCAM alone,also glitching freezing etc...so you have to use multiple Softcams..NewCS to read card then share with CCCam...which then means you wont get auto entitlement updates..and have to put card back in original reciever every month.

So basically, if you need a client only reciever with CCCAM compatibility, TM500/Super/600 will be OK. Your still better off buying off going for a clone DM500 or 600 though, they dont have any issues running CCCam client or server and have much better range of images available (OpenPli, Gemini, NabiloSat, EDGNemesis, Comamdo 14,x etc etc..)...you wont be stuck with Crap UR TEAM images like you are on TM600/Super/600.

I thought TM 5402HD is CCCam compatible so as long as you have a C-Line with Sly UK 28.2 packages on it..it should workd on 5402HD if it accepts CCCam C-lines ?? Is this not the case

Definitely works on TM 500 and Super using CCCam C-line...TM500/Super/600 are Linux recievers. Not good for CCCam server usage though, unable to read certain cards with CCCAM alone,also glitching freezing etc...so you have to use multiple Softcams..NewCS to read card then share with CCCam...which then means you wont get auto entitlement updates..and have to put card back in original reciever every month.

So basically, if you need a client only reciever with CCCAM compatibility, TM500/Super/600 will be OK. Your still better off buying off going for a clone DM500 or 600 though, they dont have any issues running CCCam client or server and have much better range of images available (OpenPli, Gemini, NabiloSat, EDGNemesis, Comamdo 14,x etc etc..)...you wont be stuck with Crap UR TEAM images like you are on TM600/Super/600.
It's all starting to make much more sense now!! :D

Yes I just want to be a client. I wanted to chose my own receiver as I wasn't too happy with the st4rvi3w's slow channel changing (which I'm sure is thanks to a rubbish image).

I guess I have to stick to linux based receivers as updating entitlements physically is not an option for me :(

You dont need to update entitlements if your only a client, you only need entitlement updates if you have the phyiscal card in the reciever and are sharing it (i.e: your reciever is operating as a server).
If your just recieving channels via CS from someone elses card via a C-Line you dont need to worry about entitlement updates.

You dont need to update entitlements if your only a client, you only need entitlement updates if you have the phyiscal card in the reciever and are sharing it (i.e: your reciever is operating as a server).
If your just recieving channels via CS from someone elses card via a C-Line you dont need to worry about entitlement updates.
Oh good! Then in that case, I just need to start researching the following info:

Who's the most reputable supplier
What to do once it arrives
What's the difference between the images/patches (not sure about this topic) and what's the best one
What details I need from the CS server (i.e cline, fline, dns, username & password)

Any chance you could point me in the right direction?

What's enigma and enigma 2 btw?

Oh good! Then in that case, I just need to start researching the following info:

Who's the most reputable supplier
What to do once it arrives
What's the difference between the images/patches (not sure about this topic) and what's the best one
What details I need from the CS server (i.e cline, fline, dns, username & password)

Any chance you could point me in the right direction?

What's enigma and enigma 2 btw?

Patches mean you apply a patch to the reciever and use a softcam with keys to open chanenls on various foreign satelites you dont need CS for this.

Different patches and key packages open different channels on different satellites. Patchable revievers are only really aby good if you have a motorised dish to point at the sateliites on which you can open channels, no benefit if you have a fixed dish for 28.2E.

Enigma 1 and 2 is the base software framework that runs on Linux Recievers the box, menus, tv guide etc. Enigma 1 is typically found on older reciever DM500, 600 etc. Enigma 2 is on newer recievers DM800HD, VU DUO etc.

In the case of Linux recievers, Images are developed by various different teams Gemini/IHAD, OpenPLI, EDG Nemesis, DreamElite, Merlin, OOzoon etc etc... Different images have different features, the look and feel of the menus etc is different. More image choice is good you can pick and choose which one suits your needs better. Various different plugins can be downlaoded and added, for things like EPG, streaming movies, Youtube, google maps etc.. Some Linux recievers have more images form different teams available than others.. Dreamboxes are by the far the most widely supported Linux reciever, followed by VU . All images are usually based on Enigma 1 or 2 framework.

In the case of Non Linux closed source recievers you generally only have the maufacturers standard image, this cannot be changed.

your CS provider will give you a C-Line this already has your username password etc..In the case of a Linux reciever.you just need to install a image of your choice on your reciever, download and install the Softcam, insert the cline into your softcam config file and copy the config file to the reciever.

Client recievers dont need Dynamic DNS etc..

Back