newbie help with tm500

casper002

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi ppl first off i hope i have posted in the correct section.
also before i can download anything i need to post something first.
so if i can you what i have , what i have got , and then what i need am sure someone will be able to help so i can then help others.
OK, in my house i had a tm600 fitted with a motorised 1meter dish and i am able to put i cline into the box via dcc into var/etc cccam.cfg
something like this
C: premium-share-1.no-ip.org 21000 share.test79 HG649VZ2 ( dont worry this is a made up one and does not belong to anyone or even work)

so thats what i have in the house, now in my flat i have just got a tm500 with a 1 metre motorised dish and i want to do the same as what i have in the house.
So i have a few questions.
1- what is the best software to make an image backup of my tm500 and what image file to i need to put in the tm500 so i am able to put a cline into it.
2- will the image file from the tm600 be compatible with the tm500. if not where can i get that image from.

i think thats it for now as i have a lot to do in getting the image file on the box, then the setup will be later.

So to the administrator i hope i have posted this thread in the correct place and thanQ to all of you for your assistance

regards
casper

Hi again ppl, come on gents, 15 views n no replies.
or is it me going to quick..
sorry..

If its a TM500 Super then its the same as the TM600 if its a non super then you will have to get an image from the Download centre

Hi digi 247, yeah it is a tm500super.
so what is the simplest software to use to backup the image from the 600 and flash onto the 500
regards
dave

Use the WebIF on the TM600 from your PC/Laptop and do a full backup

Hi again digi247, sorry to be a pain in the butt, but do you have a link to locate that file.
or is it the download section somewhere on this site ??
if i can get to the stage of getting the backup from the tm600, will u be able to assist me on getting the file flashed onto the 500 ??.
many thanx
dave

Hi digi247, ok av managed to make a backup of my tm500 incase anything goes wrong.
i will now make a backup of the file on my tm600 and see if i can flash it to the 500.
i will get back to you once i have done that.
cheers bud

Ok ppl, something aint working now.
i made a backup of the tm500 and it was a 15.1 meg file
av now gone to the mini web on the tm600 and i cant manage to make a backup of it.

i have the choices of upgrade firmware

flash backup and restore ( click )

then services and bouquet
cccam edit ( click ) oscam edit ( click )
mgcamd edit ( click ) cam d3 edit ( click )
newcs edit ( click ) softcam edit ( click )

i have tried a few things and i cand make a 15 ish meg backup

so please can someone help or if i can do it another way then please help
many thanx
dave

No idea there but have a look at this:

Attachments

• Technomate TM-500 & TM-600 Mini-Web Guide (2).zip
    261.1 KB · Views: 3
I dont think its possible to backup a complete image on the Tm500.
I tried many a time years ago but I could never get it to work properly despite trying numerous revisions of firmware.
The backups were either corrupted or spurious data.

The Ur team didnt want the boxes to be easily backed up and removed certain functions from later revisions of firmware.

ok fano. so what is my best option.
i have a tm600 all up and running and a freshly baught tm500
i have tried to backup the tm600 but cant as to put onto the 500.
can u help me out on this one please or anyone if they can
regards
dave

Have you tried Technomate Control Centre?

Personally, I would download and install the image. Save bouquets from TM600 and tarnsfer to TM500S using Dreamset. USe FTP program such as Filezilla couple with an editor compatible with linux such as notepad++ and edit files on the TM500S.

Hi abu baniaz. ok av tried and tried with no luck. so have you got a link i can get the technomate control centre and al give that a go.
what ever help you can give me will be very welcome.
i would love to be able to help others like you are now.
so many thanx for ya help

cheers
if you have a link for the above that will be great
cheers

Thanx abu, for some reason am gona have to contact an administrator as it keeps saying i dont have the privaledge to download it
many thanx

Hopefully someone can post a link to the download for better site as a workaround for now. It is in the 9100 section.

Link should be split up to avoid the extra s

You can also use Dreambox control centre or even VU control Centre both of which have everything built in what you need to transfer everything over.

VUCC is even easier especially for people just starting out i use it on my E2 and E1 receivers no problem as for channel lists i just use Dreambox Edit

Thanx for your help gents.
gona try dcc this morning and try that.
fingers crossed ppl.

ok, ok ok, this is not good.
i cant be that thick.
ok. am using dcc 1.5 by BernyR
i have clicked tools, then image backup but in red above the tab at the top i have got
dflash plugin must be installed! and i cant do anything.

so then if i click settings i have the choice of backup/restore
and a space to put Name backup (input / select ) but i cant put anything in that box at all
on the right hand side there is 4 boxes with backup / restore delete and editor

but i cant put any file name or anything in it or do anything.

But yet if i go to ftp i can edit the cccam.info file and do allsorts
so what the hell am i doing wrong to make an image file backup

gents someone please put me out my misery
cheers

ok, back again ppl.
ok av downloaded satdreagr toolbox Vu + edition6
it has got vu util , vucc , vu+tool , zd-fedbox , dcc ,dreambox edit etc etc etc
i have tried the Vucc and when i try make a backup i get an error saying failed to change directory.

someone please help az i am just about to pull my hair out.
if i can get the help so i can help others then i dont mind making some sort of donation to this site.
cheers again

Last edited:
ok ppl,
just an update for you
i eventualy uploaded an image file and i noticed that some image files would dissable the ftp option.
but after trial and error i got one that would let me look at lets say 28.2 on FTA and i then with some help and reading from this site found that i then could put a cline in and now with a 1 mtr motorised system are all up and running.
i would like to say thanQ to the ppl who have helped me with the assistance they gave me and. if anyone wants to know a newbies from start to finish on how i got up and running then please ask as even the setting up of the dish was very informing. and i will let you kow how i got up and running.
lol, i have now gone from 33 degrees to the right to.8 and got a few thousand channels i wont even have time to watch.
thanx to you all and i will find it great helping other who may be like me seeking info
regards
dave

Back