Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newbie Help With C/S

Kyle925

Inactive User
I was reading about card sharing and lets say i wanted to do thos within my house via Ubuntu Server could someone help me on what equiptement i will need and how its done nd whats the best software/images for boxes and computer(server). i was considering using dreambox dm500 as its cheap.

So it would be helpful if someone could guide me the stages on how its done and whats required

Thanks

I was reading about card sharing and lets say i wanted to do thos within my house via Ubuntu Server could someone help me on what equiptement i will need and how its done nd whats the best software/images for boxes and computer(server). i was considering using dreambox dm500 as its cheap.

So it would be helpful if someone could guide me the stages on how its done and whats required

Thanks

cheap pc running ubuntu/debian, omnikey or smargo reader and of course a card.. unless your considering a great deal of peers/clients a dm500 will suffice. regards mdt

Thanks mdt would you be able to guide me on the firmare required how to fash install ccam (best firmware for box), basically a guide to set it up im not planning on major clients just family use, many thanks.

Last edited:
if you are only having a few clients then just setup a receiver to act as server. search through the threads and you will find all the info you need. You could start here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/

Do some reading and get a better understanding of it all and then ask questions once you get stuck and I'm sure you will get help from the nice members here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a quick question I doubt it but can you still use the original sky box to recive the channels (incl payed for channels) as it wouldnt have a card but can you connect it to the server to recieve the keys?

Also a quick question I doubt it but can you still use the original sky box to recive the channels (incl payed for channels) as it wouldnt have a card but can you connect it to the server to recieve the keys?

No mate you cant.

Ye I thought so cheers mate, petty really. I'm considering using ubuntu server if i did whats the best flash for the dreambox seen 2 in the downloads section also will need help on how to install the smart card reader. Do you have to use softaware on the server to configure it all?

Is the SKYBOX f3 any good as they seem easier to get than the dreambox dm500 well off ebay anyway. Or anyone with anyother good alterantove cheap not too expensive as i want to do experimental usage at first, under £50.

You can also use a DM500C as a server you should be able to get hold of a cheap one.

Last edited:
You can also use a DM500C as a server you should be able to get hold of a cheap one.

i didnt know that myself, so it is only the tuner that is different and you can flash either a cable image or satellite image on either or receiver?

i didnt know that myself, so it is only the tuner that is different and you can flash either a cable image or satellite image on either or receiver?

I would not label the image cable or satellite. the box is able to decipher the front end by itself.

I think there are a few other parts needed to use a dm500c as a viewable sat receiver but for running either Oscam or CCcam for educational purposes it the dog's danglies :)

Back