VU+ Solo newbie help for v1 box

teammiaou

Inactive User
Reaction score
what images work for v1
i tried openpli 2.1 end of 2012 didnt work

i have 2 vu +solo v1
tried to update the one and made it brick.
i cant download the file yet since i just registered
i will try it tomorrow on the one that is working with old image
is there any way to unbrick the other one?

When you are able, download the package AJT linked to.

You can unbrick the receiver. Be sure to follow instructions in thread. The ones in the download do not emphasise doing soloboot for bricked receivers.

Once you have the updated files you can load images that are V2 compatible.

Can you not use the BH or VIX images on these boxes? I just picked one up for £80... (Little jubious its real) however it has the blackhole image on it... Should receive it tomorrow so will let you know how it works mate.

Can you not use the BH or VIX images on these boxes? I just picked one up for £80... (Little jubious its real) however it has the blackhole image on it... Should receive it tomorrow so will let you know how it works mate.

Those images are available on the clones but you need to be sure of the security chip version and use a image compiled for that security chip version.

Is there a simple way to check the security chip version via one of the sub menus?

well i just tried but no luck
i cannot flash the soloboot
it opens the serial
i open the file and then hit update but nothing is done.

i must remind you that i tried to flash from other site with other firmware and it crashed there.

is there any other way to unbrick?

well i just tried but no luck
i cannot flash the soloboot
it opens the serial
i open the file and then hit update but nothing is done.

i must remind you that i tried to flash from other site with other firmware and it crashed there.

is there any other way to unbrick?

I have sent you a link via P.M to forum dedicated to this security chip

Is there a simple way to check the security chip version via one of the sub menus?

I don't think so its normally on a sticker on box...Treat it as a V1 then you can not go wrong if updating security chip firmware.

The other way to tell security chip revision is by physically removing the lid on the receiver and looking for the physical known hardware and board layouts of the v1 and v2 versions. The security modules look different. There's pics on the clone support forum of the v1 and v2 chips and differences to look for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

can you upgrade the security chip firmware don't you need to put a new chip in if its v1 you need v2 chip and v2 v3

can you upgrade the security chip firmware don't you need to put a new chip in if its v1 you need v2 chip and v2 v3
V1 will take the same update as V2. No point putting a new chip in as v3.2 has been defeated by the drivers.

Must be some angry clone owners.

Just means you can't use the latest images that have come out over the last few months. More specifically you can't use the new drivers that have the anti clone measures. There are patched images available that have the older drivers placed into new images.
Its questionable how many actual benefits, new features or functionality the newer images produce for an old box like the duo anyway. Its probably a fair bet to say there's no new killer features or improvement worth caring about.
A lot of people use images that are months old as long as they're stable and do whatever you need them to do, there's no point upgrading or changing images.

Back