New Zgemma Twin Tuner Dual Core CPU Boxes Coming

OpenATV and OpenVIX share some of the same code (OE-A core) and work very similar. However, it's mostly just the menus and how they are laid out that are different between them I've found.

ATV does need a little more setting up especially likes of CrossEPG has to be installed which no longer is by default. No idea why as I would have thought crossepg is a popular plugin!

Are these available now & where from ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk 2

Got one of each last night a h2h and h2s
They are faster than current zgemma boxes and have the micro sd card slot. But other than that nothing amazing. They stream much better using tsmedia for example.
Problem is only openatv at the moment, can anyone tell me how to make Crossepg work correctly on openatv please? It just hangs for a long time that's why I prefer vix

Could you pm a link to supplier, I've not seen them available.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk 2

not received as yet! always used vix images on previous 2S so not too familiar with Open ATV, when i have used it CrossEPG never seems as quick or easy to use as on vix

So I can get openatv to work ok. The only problem stopping me leaving vix is epg. Does anyone use openatv and have a good way to get epg data for sat as fast as crossepg on vix?

Use the OpenTV 28.2° east provider to download direct from the EPG transponder

Yes that setting works well on vix image using crossepg but it freezes and is very slow on openatv using crossepg. Soemtimes it does not even populate a full list. Are you currently using atv?

Use the OpenTV 28.2° east provider to download direct from the EPG transponder

For example using zgemma h.2s on openatv crossepg takes just under 9 minutes to complete using opentv 28.2. Then it still does not populate the list... This was also the case with earlier zgemma models.

For example using zgemma h.2s on openatv crossepg takes just under 9 minutes to complete using opentv 28.2. Then it still does not populate the list... This was also the case with earlier zgemma models.

I do not currently have a Zgemma to hand but just trying this on the Technomate TM-Nano-SE which is basically the same BCM chipset as the H.2S (7362 + Dual core 750mhz) running latest OpenATV 5.1 with all latest updates.

CrosseEPG in combination with OpenTV 28.2° providers Scan - Load Full EPG took approximately 53 seconds.

So i would assume there is something seriously wrong with either the new Zgemma or perhaps the OpenATV image

That explains a lot thank you!
I do not currently have a Zgemma to hand but just trying this on the Technomate TM-Nano-SE which is basically the same BCM chipset as the H.2S (7362 + Dual core 750mhz) running latest OpenATV 5.1 with all latest updates.

CrosseEPG in combination with OpenTV 28.2° providers Scan - Load Full EPG took approximately 53 seconds.

So i would assume there is something seriously wrong with either the new Zgemma or perhaps the OpenATV image

Crossepg with opentv doesn't work on openatv images on the single core zgemma H1 etc either, its been reported via their forums months ago they don't seem to be interested in fixing it. Seems to be an issue with it being able to switch the tuner over to the radio channel opentv uses to update the EPG.

If you manually install the old Version of crossepg it works fine with. It's the latest version that doesn't work.
The only problem is if you do an online software update it tries to update cross epg to the new build and breaks it again.
Strange how other images don't have this issue vix, vix4e2project etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Many thanks do you know which older version is best? I agree very strange how openatv has this problem as they are very similar and work closely with vix as alliance team.

Crossepg with opentv doesn't work on openatv images, its been reported via their forums months ago they don't seem to be interested in fixing it.
If you manually install the old Version of crossepg it works fine with. It's the latest version that doesn't work.
The only problem is if you do an online software update it tries to update cross epg to the new build and breaks it again.
Strange how other images don't have this issue vix, vix4e2project etc

Well thats a first for me as i use the latest version of Crossepg 0.8.1 on a TM-Nano-SE and it has yet to fail me

Crossepg.jpg

Crossepg2.jpg

Should read first LOL i see the problem is with the Zgemma's alone

Many thanks do you know which older version is best? I agree very strange how openatv has this problem as they are very similar and work closely with vix as alliance team.
Off the top of my head I believe that it us is crossepg 0.6.3 that works. You can find the ipk online and manually install it via ftp. I'll need to double check the version number.

you need Crossepg 0.6.2 see here: Crossepg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back