New Wii softmodded with 4.2E Hack but no disc channel

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so did a Wii using the 4.2E hack and applied various patches etc and everything works fine except the disc channel does read any games... Is there a seperate wad that needs for this to work on a brand new wii?

All games have to be launched from Neo Gamma... Disc Channel just says unable to load disc and has question mark sign iirc

your on firmware 4.2 mate thats why, all games have to be loaded through either a hdd or neogamma etc, thats why people stay away from 4.2 if they can help it

i have a similar problem only the disc channel is saying "wii system update" instead of showing the game, im also on 4.2, can i not install software to bypass this message and play the game through the channel?

i have a similar problem only the disc channel is saying "wii system update" instead of showing the game, im also on 4.2, can i not install software to bypass this message and play the game through the channel?

block disc updates in 4.2e preloader should work.

cheers mate is that the best software to go for then for what i need would you say?

your on firmware 4.2 mate thats why, all games have to be loaded through either a hdd or neogamma etc, thats why people stay away from 4.2 if they can help it

I dont think thats entirely correct, as my console is on 4.2E and the disc channel works perfectly fine with every game...

The only difference between mine and my cousins is mine has a old wii chip installed that obviously makes a lot of difference but will try giving a preloader a try...

Any links?

why would you want to play from a dvd just use the loader to put the game on your hdd and put your dvd's away some where safe for when the hdd packs up

edogg

why would you want to play from a dvd just use the loader to put the game on your hdd and put your dvd's away some where safe for when the hdd packs up

edogg

Not everyone uses hdd...

My question isnt about how I should play games. I want to know whether the disc channel should work or not after 4.2e hack on a virgin wii or will it always come up with unable to read disc.

As I understand it, the newer Wii's have a DVD drive in them that is incapable of playing DVD-R's. This is definitely the case for the black Wii's.

If you google "ades softmodding wii blog", you will find all the information you could ever need. I think there's a link to a tool on there that can tell you if your Wii is likely to have one the new DVD drives in it.

if its a new wii the chances are it wont read backup games but the disk channel should work fine for original games if it played all games before it should still play them after softmodding

edogg

lol im not saying this again ;)

install cioscorp 3.6. then

install preloader if you havent already, for the region free wii game option needed for the disc channel,, and various other hacks

i think weve established his drive isnt a new one as it runs backups from disc loader channel?

lol im not saying this again ;)

install cioscorp 3.6. then

install preloader if you havent already, for the region free wii game option needed for the disc channel,, and various other hacks

i think weve established his drive isnt a new one as it runs backups from disc loader channel?

Can you point me in the right direction of the files I need, also he can run back up but only from neo gamma not disc loader.

THanks

he can run back up but only from neo gamma not disc loader.

THanks

thats what the homebrew channel mod does it gives you a neogamma channel to launch games from dvd or usb
you need to have cioscorp for the disk menu to work unless the Wii is already chipped

i dont have any knowledge of cioscorp as my wii is chipped and i am happy to run from either neogamma or configusbloader

edogg

thats what the homebrew channel mod does it gives you a neogamma channel to launch games from dvd or usb
you need to have cioscorp for the disk menu to work unless the Wii is already chipped

i dont have any knowledge of cioscorp as my wii is chipped and i am happy to run from either neogamma or configusbloader

edogg

He doesnt have a wii chip already installed so I will try cioscorp and see what the end result is.

Whats the easiest way to do this, do I need to copy all the wads over or just apps folder which has
"cIOSCORP_v3.6_Extras_Installer"
"cIOSCORP_v3.6_Main_Installer"
"DVDX Installer"

Whats the easiest way to do this, do I need to copy all the wads over or just apps folder which has
"cIOSCORP_v3.6_Extras_Installer"
"cIOSCORP_v3.6_Main_Installer"
"DVDX Installer"
did ya get it sorted mate!

Back