softmod wii updated to 4.2 and rev19 - NSMB problem

Midnight Tboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

was given a wii to mod. It had been modded on an older 3.4 firmware.

I updated to 4.2E, used the easy hack, uninstalled cioscorp and reinstalled to remove some of the old crud to make the disc channel show all the games up (would only show a small amount until did that), then installed cios rev19 under 38. Finally, made region free with priiloader

All games tested so far off disc seem to work fine off the system menu....but can't get NSMB to load from disc

The disc is an unpatched iso from the first releases of the game.

When trying through the system menu, it just kicks me straight back to the system menu,

When trying through neogamma 7 (the version that is with the Easy 4.2 pack) I get the read error after about 5 minutes.

Configurable USB Loader from USB works fine as expected.

So my question....

1. Is there a way to get an untouched iso of this game working nowadays? A few months back it wasnt possible but wondering if things have changed now

2. What version of Neogamma is recommended now? The version I had a few months back I'm sure was something like 8build15 or something like that. Is the pack with the older one for a specific reason?

3. Are there other specific games out now that share the same protection as NSMB?

Hope you guys can help...this damn wii has took hours cos of various problems, not sure if I've now finished it and chasing an impossible task with the NSMB game

Back