New Virgin Media Flash - Now Cant Enter Pin For Sky Movies

stallion9999

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there guys & gals anyone out there can help a newbie?? please,

Today my ntl box froze and i was left with a black screen, so i unplugged and restarted
the standby lights then started to flash and what appears has happened is that the box has had a firmware upgrade.

All menus that were NTL are now Virgin Media, the problem is I never had films on demand, but I did have all the sky movies, unfortunately after this firmware change the box is not allowing me to enter my pin for skymovies 1,3,4 etc, i've pressed the red button it says please wait and then nothing happens.

Is there anything I can do to fix? my box is a PACE - DI4001N, I have a standard funcard and basic serial port programmer.

If anyone can help that would be great, please can you use laymans terms as like I said i'm a newbie to all this.

Thanks!!!

the only thing you can try is first reset the box via pulling the red jumper and if that doesn't work then re enable the talkback and try the moives pin and just like to add i bid you good luck

Thanks jonny2by4,

but red jumper?, where can i find it? is it a sort of reset jumper? the tyoe you would have on a mobo?.

Thanks again

take the lid of your box and it is located near the battery you can't miss it

open your box next to the bat is a red jumper.pull it off 4 a couple mins.put back on and rest you r pin.

pulling the red jumper wont help u getting the pin box back!. at the moment there is nothing u can do with a 4001, apart from waiting for a fix....... :(
just to add i have pulled red jumper, re-attached talkback, redone card - none of them worked on my 4001.

pulling the red jumper wont help u getting the pin box back!. at the moment there is nothing u can do with a 4001, apart from waiting for a fix....... :(
just to add i have pulled red jumper, re-attached talkback, redone card - none of them worked on my 4001.

its pot luck with the 4001 some work via just pulling the red jumper some start working when you re enable the tb and other just sit there on the v startup screen and dont bootup

my 4001 is the same, before the VM hit a few weeks ago I used to get all pin protected channels after 9pm then when I got the new atmega fix which I am very gratefull for to all the guys on DW, I noticed that I was unable to get pin protected channels anymore. Its not a big issue as my wife is happy at the moment with what she got and so are the kids but it would have been nice to have had some movies. Any how did a full search on the posts and found every body is saying the same thing with regards to the red jumper and TB. I've tried it and it does nothing for me neither. Been starting to hear more about this Starview box though, might get one of these, I'll do a bit more research before I commit.

Do not pull the red jumper on these boxes as they will most likely jam on the virgin media startup screen have about 10 boxes and all jammed when I pulled red jumper wont do that again with any type of 4001.

my 4001 is the same, before the VM hit a few weeks ago I used to get all pin protected channels after 9pm then when I got the new atmega fix which I am very gratefull for to all the guys on DW, I noticed that I was unable to get pin protected channels anymore. Its not a big issue as my wife is happy at the moment with what she got and so are the kids but it would have been nice to have had some movies. Any how did a full search on the posts and found every body is saying the same thing with regards to the red jumper and TB. I've tried it and it does nothing for me neither. Been starting to hear more about this Starview box though, might get one of these, I'll do a bit more research before I commit.

mate thats strange i had exactly the oposite happen to me.... ive only just got pin access since updating the fix . i'll see what happens come the next one!!

Do not pull the red jumper on these boxes as they will most likely jam on the virgin media startup screen have about 10 boxes and all jammed when I pulled red jumper wont do that again with any type of 4001.

lol happened to me got it working in the end by setting the freq to my area and left it over night and it WORKED

10 boxes fook me you got a big family aint you??????

yeah on the v startup screen m8 make sure ur freq is correct for your area check in net id section because for some strange reason these boxes don't autoupdate there freq so make sure it is the correct one by checking your eng against the one posted in the net id section. and force update by holding the up and power button

Update came through a couple of weeks ago everything ok and reprogrammed with APE for Atmega. Movies have now packed up!!! press the red button says it's loading nothing happens?:eater:

yeah on the v startup screen m8 make sure ur freq is correct for your area check in net id section because for some strange reason these boxes don't autoupdate there freq so make sure it is the correct one by checking your eng against the one posted in the net id section. and force update by holding the up and power button

Tried that mate know the net id and freq and changed them in eng menu still no joy left them on for 24 hours and ready to beat a virgin salesman with one now i know why richard branson is always grinning ha

i was told to

1 reconnect tb
2 pull red jumper
3 put in an original ntl mosc card
4 goto eng menu and set the correct area freq
5 bootup
6 once loaded and updated out the box then stick in the funcard or whatever card you have.
7 disconnect tb

This worked only once for me but for some strange reason it went again when the key 1 changed and it doesnt work now?

i have tried it again but no luck just stuck on please wait. I see theres fixes for sammy 2100s, pace 4000/4010 but i would of thought alot of peole still got a 4001 and would of found a way around this?

if it helps anyone my 4001 was stuck on the vm startup screen but it did set it's own net id the problem was the freqency changed it to my area also changed the qam to 55 instead of 65 in eng. menu came straight on but no movies i did notice in eng. menu on some pages it said processing new nit i think this is the big problem with the update but not sure.

Hi all,
I have heard that S*y is revising/scrap the use of pin for the movies, is that true?

Back