*NEW* Supercard?

save file ?

If the game requires a save file, make sure it's set to the correct size!

how do you know what size to set it and could that be why i arent getting them all to work

thanks in advance

you can either do it by trial and error and try various save sizes yourself, or you can replace your current ndsinfo.dat file that's located in the SHELL directory of the flash card.

This file will update all the save data for all the roms up to number 0773.

:)

I got mine the other day and gotta say it's the dogs my boy loves it

couple of questions i have is when the DS is switch on before it displays the game folder ive set in the global.ini file i get a screen that only comes up for a sec or so that says something about an error and the shell directory being moved or not in the right place...does anybody else get this ?
Ive extracted the dsone files to the root of my memory card so not sure why this happens

also what do you do when u want to play another game do u switch off and select another game or is there a way to esc the game back to the games folder , reason i ask is that i switched it off to try another game and when i switched it on i got an error saying a file was missing and to turn the DS off ...any ideas ?

cheers

The "error" is not an error, it's just part of the current firmware release. It's nothing to worry about at all. It's like a self test message. They are going to fix this in future releases.

As for reseting the device to change games, that's what I do. You can patch the games to include the soft reset (pressing a combination of buttons to reset the device) but to be honest, it doesn't take that long to turn off and on again.

I'll look into it more and let you know when I have managed / been bothered to do it, if you'd still like to know.

Ohh and the error about missing files normally means the card failed to read, no biggie. Just take out the supercard, blow on / clean the contacts, put the card back in DS and try again. If it continues to fail, take out the microSD card and clean the contacts and try again.

cheers Timbo just wanted to make sure it wasn't me doing something wrong

cheers

hehe, no worries mate, if you need all the latest software etc for the Supercard DS (ONE) you can look here

You can't cock anything up cos all the files are put onto the memory card and the DS itself is not touched. no chance of bricking the device if u ain't changing anything in the DS ;)

My new slogan:
You can't go wrong with a Supercard ONE :)

hehe, no worries mate, if you need all the latest software etc for the Supercard DS (ONE) you can look here

You can't cock anything up cos all the files are put onto the memory card and the DS itself is not touched. no chance of bricking the device if u ain't changing anything in the DS ;)

My new slogan:
You can't go wrong with a Supercard ONE :)

i was wondering about how many games approximately should i get on a 2g micro and a 1g micro sd card. i was told off the man at supercard store that you cant have more than 45 files in any one folder. so if i can get a lot of games on should i split them into folders called GAMES 1, GAMES 2 etc. so with the sav files maybe limit folder to maybe 10 games in each do you think, i still havent seen my lad yet to see if i can get it working to its full capacity yet.hope i fathom it out i updated the ndsinfo.dat file and updated my firmware on my card reader. i will let you know if i get sorted cheers

okey poke

go to http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_scdsone.htm

download
SuperCard DS(ONE) Operation System: SuperCard DS(ONE) OS 1.0
unzip the file and copy the nds file and the directory to the root ie: (F:\)

copy the roms to whereever, most likely the root again or a folder called games or whatever.

thats it

there are a few games with issues for example worms open warfare doesnt allow 2 player link though 99% of games are fully functional though.

you can make alteration to global.ini to stop the stupid pop up that comes up when you start your ds.

What alteration is it m8... it gets on my pip a bit??

Look in the [BOOT] section of the file... and make sure all the hidden references are set to 1...

basically there'll be one 0 you need to change to a 1

oops forgot to mention that bit about the window:
find

hiddenInfoWindow=0

and change the 0 to a 1

how do you know what size to set it and could that be why i arent getting them all to work

thanks in advance

I have just stumbled across a good website that takes out the "trial and error" part of guessing the save sizes.

Have a look here and all will become clear.

Hope this helps.

will supercard play american roms seems most of my downloaded roms are american versions

@Timbo / Nikeus

As you chaps seem to be the most knowledgeable on the subject of the new supercard, have either of you got a set of instructions? i.e which button does what, how to enable supermode e.t.c. Just can't seem to find one on the site.

I'll jot down what I have found out / know. Please don't treat this as any sort of official guide.

The firmware/operating system that you copy to the Micro SD card is a moonshell variant.

When in Moonshell mode... The buttons do the following:

The up/down move the cursor, the left and right move the cursor up/down 2 places at a time (kinda like a page up / page down function)

A = Select
B = Back
X = File info about the selected file
Y = Change Folder view

START (press and hold) = View debug info on top screen
Press and hold SELECT + R = Brightness increase (4 steps)
Press and hold SELECT + L = Brightness decrease (4 steps)

That's about it for the keys in the Supercard moonshell OS.

I still haven't had the time to fully test Super Mode by patching the ROM's on a PC then transferring the ROM to the memory card.

I think that super mode is very picky as to what options can be used. But once this has been done it should be easy to do future patches.

Don't worry, I'll let everyone know here on DW as soon as I have sorted it.

Hope this helps a little...

P.S I also play NES ROM's (The original Super Mario Bros etc) on my DS using an emulator that works great with the SCDS... it's WICKED!! :)

Back