New star trek movie.

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there are any startrek fans on here but i've just seen this preview for the new startrek movie, looks good.

preview here

He's a good actor though plays a great villan :)

I always find these long awaited films are always a let down anyway...

Name any film that people have waited years for that ended up being decent?

The Flinstones, Simpsons, XMen 2, 3, Rocky Balboa, Matrix 2, 3... etc

I never liked any of the Star Trek films, especially the ones with the Next Gen crew, they were always dissapointing... They always end up blowing up the new ship, which is quite silly really, considering it went on for so many years with one ship, then in the films they get a new ship and each time they blow it up... Then worse of all they kill Data

He's a good actor though plays a great villan :)

I always find these long awaited films are always a let down anyway...

Name any film that people have waited years for that ended up being decent?

The Flinstones, Simpsons, XMen 2, 3, Rocky Balboa, Matrix 2, 3... etc

Can't wait for the new terminator movie with Christian Bale as John Connor.

Well, there is a new trailer up pn Apple here: Apple - Trailers - Star Trek

If you are a Trek fan you will spot a huge mistake, the Enterprise was built in orbit and not on the surface of the planet Earth.

I also found a picture of the new-old Enterprise:

Newoldenterprise.jpg

I have no idea why they wanted to change it, its not even like its a earlier model as the registration code is still NCC-1701.

off topic...but does a spaceship have to be aerodynamic in space like the Enterprise above,seeing has there is nothing to cause drag ??
one of those stupid questions that enters your mind and and made me ponder lol

Well borg cubes are, cube shaped :)

It might help though because it still needs to be aerodynamic to leave the planets it lands on??? Also space debris, probably need wipers too for space bugs on the windscreen...

that would be class m8

No m8 Simon Pegg has got the role of Scotty.
Do you think he can nail the accent?

Aye, sir. Before they went into warp, I transported the whole kit'n kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be nay tribble at all.:proud:

I would imagine it doesnt have to be aerodynamic. I don't think the constitution class was ever designed to travel in an atmosphere, but I know the Enterprise made a crash landing on a planet once in the original series.

If you look at the Voyager, that one is more aerodynamic and was designed to land on a planet surface.

Wasnt the enterprise built on earth though??? So it would need to leave the atmosphere on impulse??? "Star Trek Enterprise"

The NX-01 was, but the 1701 was supposed to have been built in peices on Earth, but assembled in orbit.

Cool, didnt know that... :)

Can't wait for the new terminator movie with Christian Bale as John Connor.

Do you know when thats going to be coming out, havent heard anything about it... I like the series though :)

Last edited:
weren't the rest made on the mars base? or was that the later ones?

i think it looks spot on - not sticking STRICKTLY to the old stories lines give them a bit more flexibility - plus can't be bad if rikers still not directing them, leaving him with that train crash 'thunderbirds'

i hated the original series but loved the second film "the wrath of khan".
my problem with star trek was the stupid storylines that were full of holes and lack of action and special effects. ds9 was ok.
the new one finally looks like the star trek film thats not for geeks but for genuine sci fi lovers.
ohh and if you wanna see it then here is a link,

http://www.wisevid.com/gateway.php?viewkey=34202f71b55a27da899e

Last edited:
Some quite good TS copies coming out now. The STG is probably one of the better ones.

Watched the new one earlier..hmmm what can I say? Its a bit shit to be honest,definately over-hyped.

But maybe thats just me.

Back