Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New star trek movie.

Some quite good TS copies coming out now. The STG is probably one of the better ones.

Watched the new one earlier..hmmm what can I say? Its a bit shit to be honest,definately over-hyped.

But maybe thats just me.

Thats a shame as i was looking forward to it.
I hoped they had finally got a grip..

off topic...but does a spaceship have to be aerodynamic in space like the Enterprise above,seeing has there is nothing to cause drag ??
one of those stupid questions that enters your mind and and made me ponder lol

Well borg cubes are, cube shaped :)

It might help though because it still needs to be aerodynamic to leave the planets it lands on??? Also space debris, probably need wipers too for space bugs on the windscreen...

Ok first off, I'm a Trekkie(ish). cant wait to see this.

as for the shape. depends on the form of FTL drive. Warp ships, do need to be streamlined, as the shape of the warp field effects both the direction the ship travels and the efficiency of the engines. (contouring the ship, allows a better Warp field shape). Trance warp ships do not need to do this, as transwarp conduits are tunnels of normal space, inside transformational space.

and yep, the do have windscreen wipers the deflector grid or shield, does what it says Deflects objects away from the ship. larger objects are destroyed by automatic Phaser fire!

I think pegg's casting as Scotty is (or could be, aint seen it yet) a master stroke. Montgomery Scot was always a comedic character, especially in the films.

Seen the film the other week and overall i would give it 7 out of 10.
It;'s very fast paced and the characters are brought in pretty well, with good intros. The overall story tho is weak, won't give much away as ppl might not of seen it.
The guy who played kirk was outstanding, there a scene where he's doing a test and has some very laugh out loud moments.
Didn't think pegg's casting as Scotty was a fab idea. This is just my view but he seemed to be trying to hard and the accent just was all over the place.

They always end up blowing up the new ship, which is quite silly really, considering it went on for so many years with one ship, then in the films they get a new ship and each time they blow it up...

Then worse of all they kill Data

well the ship bit is, kinda, untrue. the next gen crew only had two ships D and E for the 4 films, and D was destroyed in the first one.

Ahh but is Data dead? body has gone, sure, but an image of him is in Be Four. anyway, what's the point of worrying ? Next Gen films are finished

hi all, new to this forum, thought i'd share, seen the film a day or so ago, not a trek fan but it was better than i thought it was gonna be, lots of action hope they make a few more, . 8/10.

there you go, i was thinking he would. Ahh well. still cant wait to see it.

that just my opinion - and i'm a simon peg fan. i know scotty is a comedy character when he wants to be but i dunno.. someone else would have been better.

just watched it and id give it 7/10.
as said the storyline is a little vague and if you are a trekkie you will notice a few holes that dont add up, but thats no suprise really as they are always at it.
One good thing they finally got right was the special effects which were outstanding. If you saw a download or poor quality then the film will look crap but on the big screen its brilliant.
I liked Simon Pegg as Scotty. Yeh the accent is crap but so was the original and bear in mind its for a worldwide audience so it had to be watered down or no one would understand him.

They did get the comedy of the earlier films back into the characters with a few funny moments from Bones and Kirk.

I think the full blown trekies might have a few if not many issues with it but for sci fi fans its pretty good. It will bring a new following and fan base to Star Trek .

My main problem was with the storyline and i found it a bit hash bash but its the first of the new crew so that will improve in up and coming films when we are more used to them.

Overall i enjoyed it but i would not say its the dogs bollox.

Looking forward to watching this film,saw a bit of a cam job and stopped watching,will go to pics and watch this 1 .

Ok
Just watched this and heres the run down
Now if your a star trek fan then a few blanks will be filled in
As for those who are not then guess what
YOU WONT ENJOY IT!!!!!
To many cleeshees(i cant spell!!)
This story dates between Enterpise series and the original
Prob is there aint any real story at that time
Oh by the way i loved it cos im a trekie at heart

Edit
Last thing the copy i watched looked like a screener
It had Russian Property of...
So if a cam im suprised

Last edited:
effects are immense, story is a bit ropey but a felt like it was a clever way of ... well.. you know - without giving too much away for people who haven't seen it

effects are immense, story is a bit ropey but a felt like it was a clever way of ... well.. you know - without giving too much away for people who haven't seen it

totally agree fella. The effects on the big screen were breathtaking and i thought the new enterprise looked good aswell.

totally agree fella. The effects on the big screen were breathtaking and i thought the new enterprise looked good aswell.

indeed they was but i still think BR takes the pee out of cineman cant wait for it to be on blueray

Back