New Satellite Receiver

LooInSpain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently using an Openbox V8S but I'm having a lot of problems with it freezing, so I'm wondering if it's the hardware as I've seen a lot of people saying these boxes aren't that great.

In all honesty it's been a pain since I got it. It won't update the EPG even though it is set to auto, so I have to do that manually twice a week. Compliment this with the freezing and I'm really starting to get bored.

What is a good receiver to upgrade to? I've been looking on Amazon but in all honesty I wouldn't know which are new, old, good or bad, so a little help would be really appreciated.

My budget is around £100. If it's not worth buying anything under that then I might as well leave it.

Zgemma seems popular and is well under £100 check eBay

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sounds like issue is from your supplier.
Always try to use wired connection if possible and reboot modem often.
If your budget is £100 I would go for zgemma 2s £58 hard drive £25.
You could go for zgemma H.2s about £10 more expensive but box has faster processer.
They never need updated and have some nice skins. But you will probably need a lot of support setting zgemma up as there "completely different" from openboxes.
You can also copy your cam into zgemma from your openbox but it will not fix glitching if your supplier is at fault.
I had many openboxes in my day. They were good at the time. But for extra £30 you get proper box mate.
Zgemma boxes good value for money.

if you go for zgemma 2s use the file I uploaded. It will do 90% of setting up for you in 5 mins.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/4309/

you will just need to mount HDD set you bouquets and insert line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi river,

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at the ZGemma, it seems to be popular but I wanted to get an idea from people who know what they're talking about rather than a guy from the pub.

My Openbox is hardlined to the router via a plug connection. The router is rebooted every couple of days so I can't imagine it being a problem this end, maybe the supplier has problems.

I'm going to get a new supplier and move the Openbox into another room to see if there is any difference. I'll look at the ZGemma 2S tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Back