New release due tomorrow (6/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably need more time to unscrew what what they screwed-up two days ago.
But, I'm postiive that the wait will be worth it - we will probably have one more animated icon in the VFD!!! Yeeeiii... A spinning disk during the playback? And then next month, maybe even the playback itself will be working... Z;-[

at the rate things are going, after another 2 releases, there wont be any room left in the VFD lol

Typical,

I can remember a post I made a few weeks back asking UR-Team to not mention exact dates for their image releases as no doubt they always fail to deliver and then they wonder why people get so frustrated with them???

Had they said a new image will be released in the next few days then none of us would have waited up looking for it and then cursed them for yet again failing to deliver what they promised.

Regards

I'm not fussed all I wanted fixed was the media player for my film collection.

Just bought a new tv that plays shares over the network (picking it up tomorrow night) so as far as i'm concerned i'm happy with the box as is.

any news on what the hell is happening with the image seeing as the 6th has now well gone by

There have been some quite impressive positive changes, but the image is not a Beta as it used to be; available to everyone + the Uncle. It's a real (behind the locked door) Beta this time. As I said, progress is good and the nicest thing, to me at least, is that they are working staight from the faults report that we (between two forums) have put together for them, and ticking off issues as they go.
Promissing bit is that everything they have ticked off so far has indeed been fixed/resolved. Some things are not 100% resolved, some things have not been attended to yet, some old anoying bugs are still there, good part of the functionality is still missing.
Since I was not authorised to even mention this, let alone go into details, I'll have to end it here before someone gets really upset.
But, for the first time since this debacle started 5 months ago, I do have a bit more faith now.

the last few releases, the majority of the changes have been 'under the hood' ones if you like, so while things may not look to have changed from the graphical interface that people see, things definatley have been worked on.

Last night i was asked if i had the choice, would i make this image (09/10/10) public, and i said no.

The reason i said this was that even though a lot of work and improvements have gone into the image, the functions that people moan about the most are still the things that need a bit of work on, and with people being people, they would moan 'whats the point in releasing an image thats the same as the last one' even though its not

images are still being created almost weekly, there was 2 last week, but untill theres enough 'extra' functionality compared to what the latest available image does, i feel that the end user will moan about whats still missing more than they will praise whats been sorted out, especially those who dont own one

the last few releases, the majority of the changes have been 'under the hood' ones if you like, so while things may not look to have changed from the graphical interface that people see, things definatley have been worked on.

Last night i was asked if i had the choice, would i make this image (09/10/10) public, and i said no.

The reason i said this was that even though a lot of work and improvements have gone into the image, the functions that people moan about the most are still the things that need a bit of work on, and with people being people, they would moan 'whats the point in releasing an image thats the same as the last one' even though its not

images are still being created almost weekly, there was 2 last week, but untill theres enough 'extra' functionality compared to what the latest available image does, i feel that the end user will moan about whats still missing more than they will praise whats been sorted out, especially those who dont own one

End users have a right to moan and complain...theyve paid 250 quid for something, that until recently couldnt even do half the listed functions it claimed to...because TM wanted to cash in on world cup sales revenue...

Even still many of the features are flakey 5/6 months on...As for praising whats been sorted out ? Theres nothing to praise...these features should always have already been there when the box came to market...cant expect praise for implementing "standard" advertised features..or bugfixes...It's not like theyre doing customers/end users a favour or giving them benefit...by implementing standard advertised features..these are expected to work "out of the box". If anything TM should be praising customers for in effect bug testing/beta testing their lame product for them ! No-one cares if theres 50 images a day being created behind the scenes to customers they want the issues fixed and all advertised features to work...

Praise should go more to people on the forum, who have been creating the addons, finding workarounds to the bugs etc etc...

Last edited:
End users have a right to moan and complain...theyve paid 250 quid for something, that until recently couldnt even do half the listed functions it claimed to...because TM wanted to cash in on world cup sales revenue...

Even still many of the features are flakey 5/6 months on...As for praising whats been sorted out ? Theres nothing to praise...these features should always have already been there when the box came to market...cant expect praise for implementing "standard" advertised features..or bugfixes...It's not like theyre doing customers/end users a favour or giving them benefit...by implementing standard advertised features..these are expected to work "out of the box". If anything TM should be praising customers for in effect bug testing/beta testing their lame product for them ! No-one cares if theres 50 images a day being created behind the scenes to customers they want the issues fixed and all advertised features to work...

Praise should go more to people on the forum, who have been creating the addons, finding workarounds to the bugs etc etc...

Dunno about you but i followed the tm800hd since it was announced.

And i was fully aware that the box was released with incomplete firmware.

I alos knew at the time of my purchase that the box was still not 100% as it was advertised on eurosky's website!

As for praising whats been sorted out ? Theres nothing to praise...

My point exactly

Boot processes
memory utilisation
logging scripts
networking issues

and more than 13 other listed fixes

when you take your car for a service, they change the oil, filters, maybe a sensor or two and sometimes the breaks, when you get it back, it looks the same, it drives the same, in fact, everything is the same, except your wallet, but your car has had numerous 'fixes' and adjustments

just because you cant 'see' whats been done, doesnt mean nothing has been done

the main problem is that UR team keep giving people dates

theres people with dreamboxes who quietly wait months and months for something to be fixed, and the teams doing the fixing always say 'in the next release'

for as long as the UR team are giving exact dates, theyre doing themselfs no favours

Dunno about you but i followed the tm800hd since it was announced.

And i was fully aware that the box was released with incomplete firmware.

I alos knew at the time of my purchase that the box was still not 100% as it was advertised on eurosky's website!

Been following the development of TM Linux recievers since the 500/600 were released was kinda hoping they'd be a viable alternatve to Dreams. having run DM500's in the past...in the end since there was no decent support, or choice of different images etc...Then I found out they were rebadged ITGate..which completely put me off having seen previous poor support and buggy images over on Satkinngs on ITGate cable recieverd.

I got a Dream 600 instead...and more recently went HD with a Dm800HD clone...dont get me wrong the DM800hd clone is nowhere perfect either i've got the usual HD glitch issues etc...but software wise images are fantastic..DreamElite in particulay...glad I didnt buy a TM linux product now ! Theyve made a poor showing so far in my opinion.
I'd rather go for a solomend/skybox/openbox for basic HD and stick to DM clones..or stretch to VU DUO if I need E2 images...

Been following the development of TM Linux recievers since the 500/600 were released was kinda hoping they'd be a viable alternatve to Dreams. having run DM500's in the past...in the end since there was no decent support, or choice of different images etc...Then I found out they were rebadged ITGate..which completely put me off having seen previous poor support and buggy images over on Satkinngs on ITGate cable recieverd.

I got a Dream 600 instead...and more recently went HD with a Dm800HD clone...dont get me wrong the DM800hd clone is nowhere perfect either i've got the usual HD glitch issues etc...but software wise images are fantastic..DreamElite in particulay...glad I didnt buy a TM linux product now ! Theyve made a poor showing so far in my opinion.
I'd rather go for a solomend/skybox/openbox for basic HD and stick to DM clones..or stretch to VU DUO if I need E2 images...

Wait so you don't actualy own a technomate receiver then?

Wait so you don't actualy own a technomate receiver then?

A perfect example of the last statement in post #52 then.

Personally, I think dm800 clones should be avoided more than the TM800HD, rev k tuners? 11 hardware changes and still can't get it right, they have the working software, they even have the working hardware to copy, but 2 years, at least 11 hardware changes to just the tuner, heatsink mods, additional fan mods, and it still don't work. But as I don't own a clone, it don't bother me if it never gets sorted.

Those making the most noise about the TM800HD lacking things don't even own one. Buy one and have grounds to whine, or sit back and try and fix the receivers you do actually own

Why would I buy a TM800HD, I dont have a burning need to waste 250 quid for a WIP product ? I know for a fact that it doesnt in it's current form suit my needs, the features I need either dont work or dont work properly. Doesnt mean I wont look into maybe buying one in the future when and if it appears to be refined enough to suit my needs...Until then i'll let you TM fanboys and beta testers keep up the good work :)

My DM800HD clone for now, is sufficient enough to cover what I need, dont have any issues with the software all features I need work without issue (PVR, Timeshift, Card reader, EPG, plugins, choice of images etc etc)....already has a internal fan fitted with heatsink...in line booster has resovled the majority of HD glitching...dish and LNB will be getting re-aligned soon that should further improve any remaining issues with a bit of luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back