Mobile Phones New phone

meanie

Inactive User
Reaction score
got my new phone today a HTC 2
anyone got one of these ?
what sort of apps can i get for it ?
are they like iphone has to be paid for? (asif)
what satnav proggy do you use?
got loads more questions but thay will do for now lol

Love the phone, but not too keen on the current operating system onboard, as i have had windows based mobiles in the past.

Am holding out for the HTC Supersonic, which is the Android version of this phone, which should be announced in a few months.

Currently got an iphone, but starting to be pissed off with all the Apple Bullsh*t, altho it will be interesting to see what they will be offering in June/july when the new model is released

Go to the forums at xda dev pal and have a read up on apps etc.

xda-developers

Which HTC is it exactly, Touch Pro 2, HD2 , Diamond 2 ?

i did have htc touch diamond 2 ... yeah decent phones !
sat nav was superb , i ran tom tom on it no probs !!
make sure you put SPB mobile shell on it , it improves the interface second to none !
Also if you use it for mp3 player ..go get pocker player it is streets ahead of the built in player !
i have 2 of these things lying about redundant now (gonna sell em to envirofone? )
i just could not put up with the battery life and the amount of freezes , i use my phone (for business )
emails music and sat nav are a must for me , i these things did not last
a whole day before they cut off on me !
i now proud owner of blackberry curve , and fukkin luv it RIM is awesome !
but the htc is the second best phone i ever owned , they look and feel so slick too .

ive had mine for a few weeks now,xlnt phone,i still cant find a code for copilot.
get coreplayer for divx.

Get yourself over to PPC Warez (My fav) or XDA-d and get downloading "free" programs (please dont call them apps, they are just a marketing tool for i-phone)...

Get yourself coreplayer (aka TCMP) - easily the best media player for ppc.

There are hundereds of games out there, including many pc ports such as Age of empires, Quake and HL.

Almost all satnav programs have a wimo version, so whatever you choose.

WiMo is the oldest Pocket PC OS so there is a program out there to do whatever you want.
(Its designed as a "pocket pc" with a program to make phone calls, rather than as a phone that can run a few programs like iphones and andoroid, making it more complicated at first but much more functional than any of the other phone OS's)

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Back