asus 560ti o/c directcu top
PowerCool 750 watts psu
8 gig (2x4) Corsair Vengeance ddr3

i know i want a asus p8p67 pro or deluxe mb & i7 2600k

Im looking for a decent case, a solid tower, im using a apevia at the moment

theres the cheap end

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

im not looking to spend more than £80 on a case but i like to have a display at the front (dont ask me why lol) or buy one like this

Aerocool EN55369 V12XT Touch Panel PC Case Fan Controller (4710700955369) | eBay

anyone know any decent cases?

thanks

Silverstone, Lian Li or Corsair, but you would be looking at the budget end, Antec are also decent.

Newcomer Bitfenix also get a good write up and you can get a Coolermaster HAF 912 for about £60 (if you wanted to use the rest for a fancy shmancy looking controller)

Can't comment on the one above, but generally I've found with cheap steel cases is that i tear my fingers/hands to shreds.

I normally take a while choosing a case because it has to last me a while, so I'll find something I like, and then go looking at reviews across the net to see what the pitfalls (if any) there are and what all the good points are.

Personally, I would do away with the controller and spend a little more on something decent. I just purchased the Corsair 600T.

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cases-pc/performance-cases

Last edited:
I'm always reluctant to suggest specific cases as they're a bit like buying a car. Not every has the same taste, but at the end of the day they all essentially do the same thing.

Like Exos, I find the cheaper steel cases eat hands and fingers.

I do wonder how often you'll look at the case display? Especially as temps can be monitored in Windows anyway.

Thanks Exos the Corsair 600T is actually a nice case and i have found it for £109 i guess i could stretch my money a bit. The Corsair 400R looks well built aswell.

Little_pod i dont know if im odd but i like a case to look good even though its out of view most of time, i like adding extras, always have. Like a car you can buy a basic model but have to pay more for the extras. Which i do lol

Back