Build advice what case and psu do I need?

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys I have just bought a amd 7770 2gb gfx card and already have a p5q pro mobo with 2.33 quad cpu intel. Im after a case and psu suitable for this rig, any ideas guys?

Thanks
Nick

Links
Motherboard - P5Q PRO - ASUS

Amd Radeon HD 7770 2Gb | eBay

The said something about I need a six pin molex or something

Black DVD RW LightScribe SATA Major Brands Optical CD Drive 5.25" Internal | eBay

Western Digital Raptor® WD740ADFD 74 GB SATA Hard Drive 10,000Rpm tracked POSTAG 2000011757397 | eBay

I presume that the psu will come with all the sata molex wires and the case with some internal fans to keep gfx from overheating.

Advice much appreciated,
Nick

Hi guys I have just bought a amd 7770 2gb gfx card and already have a p5q pro mobo with 2.33 quad cpu intel. Im after a case and psu suitable for this rig, any ideas guys?

Thanks
Nick

Links

The said something about I need a six pin molex or something

I presume that the psu will come with all the sata molex wires and the case with some internal fans to keep gfx from overheating.

Advice much appreciated,
Nick

Is this any good Aerocool White PC Gaming Case With 700W ATX Power Supply Unit 700 Watt PSU USB | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually this one has the 6pin adapter for the gfx

Actually this one has the 6pin adapter for the gfx card

TBH a decent PSU could easily cost you that much by itself. I use XFX Pro range and never had a problem with them. It will last you many upgrades.

Any specific case size you are looking for ? Any special requirements like water cooling or lots of hard disks.

TBH a decent PSU could easily cost you that much by itself. I use XFX Pro range and never had a problem with them. It will last you many upgrades.

Any specific case size you are looking for ? Any special requirements like water cooling or lots of hard disks.

Thanks mate all I will pop in it is what ive listed mate would also know howcto stream from my pc to led wirelessly.

Cheers
Nick

Thanks mate all I will pop in it is what ive listed mate would also know howcto stream from my pc to led wirelessly.

Cheers
Nick

Can your TV not playback files directly from a network share ?

Back