New patches for TM5302HD/TM5502HDCi

Lets hope these latest test patches means we shall ALL get a new batch of patches all with ALL the latest improvements across the whole TM range?
All feedback therefore will stil be most appreciated for Phantom & Co.!
Thanks xxxxxx mate - and of course thanks to Phantom!:drink:

TM5302 HD update of latest software,
Hardware V010 Software V01.04

Software date 9th Nov 2012 this is the most stable software version so far all CAS working ok with the correct keys,
If you change a satellite positions to improve signals from say 23.3E to 23.5E & 7W to 7.3W save the data now switch the receiver to standby then switch off at the mains for 30 sec & then restart now the new data will be excepted by the receiver,
How to do it:-Menu>>Satellite set up>>>rename>>change the satellite position here using the on screen keypad save data here also then switch the receiver to standby then switch off at the mains for 30 sec & then restart now the new data will be excepted by the receiver,

Same for Biss keys if the frequency in the Biss keys does not match your frequency due to a high or low reading Lnb
The channel will not clear so change & save the data now switch the receiver to standby then switch off at the mains for 30 sec & then restart now the new data will be excepted by the receiver your Biss keys if correct the channel will now clear,
Biss channels on the same transponder need to be added to the database so that the 2nd & 3rd keys can be read by the receiver for example 11387V 30000 = CTV 11384V 30000 = PLTV 11390V 30000 & for a 3rd Biss channel,
Blind scan works better if you switch the receiver off after 30 min scanning so that the new data found does not prevent the blind scan from working correctly.

Add the latest key file when available for changes to keys,

Downloading from the Ethernet works ok but changes Biss keys so you need to add or change what you have already updated,

Use the same procedure after deleting channels now switch the receiver to standby then switch off at the mains for 30 sec & then restart now the new data will be excepted by the receivers memory,
Disconnect the USB & Ethernet when shutting down the receiver as the receiver stays in a loop when you go to restart it need correcting,
Then reconnect the Ethernet to view Youtube ect + USB stick if you are saving channel lists ect.

Download center

If your Biss keys stop working after a factory reset than reload the keyfile via the Ethernet & add or correct frequencies that you had before now the channels will clear again if the keys are still active.

Look , I do not want to troll in here But this made me laugh, lol
"Blind scan works better if you switch the receiver off after 30 min scanning so that the new data found does not prevent the blind scan from working correctly."
and
"isconnect the USB & Ethernet when shutting down the receiver as the receiver stays in a loop when you go to restart it need correcting"

100% agree with manic. TM should not produce such a "serie". 1000/5000/6000/7000 series are great.
(5302, 5502,3000,8000, ... AAAAARG why on earth re-invent the interface/os, this always puzzled me ?), Thanx merliin for the clear written info about this receiver !

Hi Merliin,

That sounds absolutely horrendous mate... what a rigmarole... and all that just to get the receiver to work somewhere near to what it should do by default... I wouldn't have even contemplated/attempted to devise such a workaround as you have done with this receiver... you must have the patience of a saint... lol

After such a long period from it's original release... the numerous problems this receiver still suffers from makes me think that they are unfix-able... and to cap it all... there is still no sign of a .TBN Channel Editor program either... this does not bode well for the (as yet unreleased) TM-5502HD because this receiver also uses the .TBN file system...

It seems that Technomate have failed to learn anything from the continuous problems arising with the TM-5302HD which operates using the .TBN file system... and despite all this... they have gone ahead and produced yet another receiver which uses the very same .TBN file system... it beggars belief... I just don't understand their logic...

If I were in charge at Technomate I would have abandoned the .TBN file system after what I had seen occurring... and I would have reverted back to using the .STB file system for all Original Software/Patches and also re-employed the .NDF/.CNDF file system for the satellite/channel lists/editor programs... on all new release receivers...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Yes is has been hard work trying to fathom out how to make this receiver work as the designer intended the main problem would seem to be the lack of technical proving of the tbn system before the production run of the TM5302HD commenced,

The TM5402HD has it's failings also with the 45,000 symbol rate issue for some low s/r also the sound vision synchronisation on some channels & it still does not clear SIC Int on 16 east all of these tasks are performed ok on the TM5302HD so the TM5402HD is far from perfect & due to the hardware issues it never will be,

The TM6900HD+Super is by far the better of the 3 receivers atm,

But I do feel that eventually it is possible to crack these problems on the TM5302HD despite most peoples optimism otherwise I would not bother spending hours testing these new updates & reporting the issues that I find,

Admittedly where we are now with the TM5302HD is where the receiver should have been when it was released but there have been very similar issues with some earlier receivers that I have bought in the passed 10 years that ended up in the recycle bin,

As my remote on my TM6900HD+Super is getting worn out :LOL: & I do not think that the TM6902HD is a step forward,

So I will hopefully along with the technical staff at the download center succeed with the TM5302HD where others have failed :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi again Merliin,

That's very admirable of you mate... however there's just one thing that I cannot get my head around... if the O/S and patches for the TM-5302HD are .TBN files and the satellite/channel lists are also .TBN files and presumably integrated into the firmware/software... how would it be possible to separate the satellite/channel lists from the O/S and patches for the purpose of editing... does it mean that you would have to put the entire O/S or patch data into a .TBN editing program just to edit the satellites/channels...?

All other Technomate receivers operate using separate file systems... one for the O/S or patches... and a completely different file system for the satellite/channel lists... I just can't fathom out how the .TBN file system would distinguish between the O/S or patch and the satellites/channels lists if it's all incorporated into the same .TBN file system on the receiver...?

Perhaps that's why there's been no dedicated channel editor program released for this model/file system...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

TM5302 HD Rolling screen fixed with this upgrade
Download center
There are still problems with the Blind scan not completing the 1st phase of the Blind Scan (finding active transponder (reaches 50to 60% then shoots to 100% & does not search the last 50 to 75% of the set scan,)
Blind scan sometimes stops during the 2nd phase of the Blind Scan finding the tv channels or does not start this phase at all,
Some success was found with the Blind Scan by turning the receiver to standby after a blind scan but not able to fully overcome this fault with the current software,

YouTube works flawlessly probably the best I have seen YouTube work on a any device so well done on this,
Encrypted & UCAS channels work ok with the correct cards ect & open within 1 sec,

Biss Keys work ok provided you follow this procedure:
Remove all duplicate frequencies from the Biss menu,
Add new Biss Keys & channel data then to activate the keys switch the receiver to standby for 5 sec now view the channels,
With 2 or 3 Biss channels on the same frequency with different Biss keys you have to load in the frequency data +/- 3MHz so 11388=1st channel 11385=2nd channel 11391=3rd channel now scan each frequency to add to the channel list & add the correct Biss keys for each channel that you want to view making sure that it corresponds with the channel frequency,
The receiver only seems to be able to save some data after you switch the receiver to standby can this be corrected ?

Recording onto a USB device (Record, Edit, Delete, function works ok) No problems here,

DiSEqC Motor movement problems,
Sometimes the motor does not move to the next satellite selected (10 east to 28 east) so you have to move to the satellite next satellite to the one you are on & keep the ok button depressed for 3 to 5 sec until you see the display "Moving to" next satellite,
If the message does not appear then select another satellite from the menu to gradually get to the satellite that you want,
Summary:
Overall picture & audio are excellent & as good as any receiver costing 3 times what the TM5302HD retails at,
Blind Scan function need to be corrected to make it more stable as does the DiSEqC motor controls,

These functional problems of the TM5302 HD mentioned in this report need to be fixed on this receiver as any novice buying this receiver will have problems with the current software & as most customers just want to plug it in & view it is vital that these issues are addressed asap.

Only a few more things to fix after 33 software upgrades getting there but you do wonder if it would not have been better to have a senior Technician in Europe to test these receivers before they are released instead of relying on us enthusiasts :Mad2:

Hi again Merliin,

...With 2 or 3 Biss channels on the same frequency with different Biss keys you have to load in the frequency data +/- 3MHz so 11388=1st channel 11385=2nd channel 11391=3rd channel now scan each frequency to add to the channel list & add the correct Biss keys for each channel that you want to view making sure that it corresponds with the channel frequency...

Unbelievable mate... the method you describe of adding BISS keys to the EMU/Softcam (using frequencies as entries) has not been necessary/required (to the best of my knowledge) on any Technomate receiver for a long long time... it takes me back to the old days when I was regularly using my TM 7755 2VA 2CI

It was an absolute pain in the neck having to add multiple channel BISS keys in that way... but when you did get them to work there was a degree of self-satisfaction knowing that you had done this all by yourself... it was even worse when it came to DCW/CCW keys... but I soon figured out how to correctly add those entries also...

At the time (about 5 to 7 years ago) this made for a great learning experience... but I thought Technomate receivers had moved on a massive amount since then... I for one would not be prepared to go through all that rigmarole again... and especially not when I was using the latest/most recently released Technomate receiver... this is a massive step backwards...

I also notice that there is still no sign of the long awaited 'Channel Editor' for this model... nor have I seen any reference as to when the new TM 5502 HD is going to be released onto the market... you would have thought that a 'Just before Christmas' release would have been the perfect time... perhaps Technomate are having a bit of a re-think about releasing this new model given all the ongoing problems with the TM 5302 HD

As you rightly say in your report...

...These functional problems of the TM5302 HD mentioned in this report need to be fixed on this receiver as any novice buying this receiver will have problems with the current software & as most customers just want to plug it in & view it is vital that these issues are addressed asap.

Only a few more things to fix after 33 software upgrades getting there but you do wonder if it would not have been better to have a senior Technician in Europe to test these receivers before they are released instead of relying on us enthusiasts

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Given the interlaced functions of the TM5302 software I do not think we will ever see a TBN file editor given the complexity of the "Receiver Hardware Build" with the satellite position being incorporated with the channel name function files where separate files would have been more manageable,

When the current software faults are corrected & lets face it these are fundamental receiver functions "DiSEqC USALS Motor control" & "Blind Scan Search" Are predetermined receiver functions that have been well documented & the software has already been written & tested as working ,

Where the problem occurs is with the modifications made to the initial software to make other functions work such as Multi CAS,YouTube & USB Player,

A far better approach is to add the new functions then re add the proven software for the DiSEqC & Blind Scan Search as these are stand alone programs that just plug into the receiver functions separately,

The problem would seem to be with the shared circuits that has been adopted by the TBN file system,

Once the software has been reloaded to enable all of the receiver functions to work correctly that will be it as the Engineers move onto the next receiver build hopefully not before they have sorted out these last 2 remaining software issues.

Last edited:
TM5302HD Blind scan test

Blind scan with TM5302HD in 1MHz steps = Symbol Rates 300 to 45,000 kb/ps,

Due to the DiSEqC motor fault now using TM5302HD as a fixed receiver & another receiver to drive the motorised 100cm dish (TM1500CI+Super used to drive the motor)

Transponders found @ 21.5 east Eutelsat 21B (all 3/4 fec MPEG-2 & DVB-S unless stated)
10972 V 2170 Baghdad (no tv atm)
10978 V 2170 Al Falastiniah
10989 H 1608 7/8 feed
10991 H 2592 5/6 feed
11004 H 2592 5/6 KNN
11109 H 2667 CBNC feed
11475 V 2200 feed
11487 V 2200 Diyala
11524 V 2170 Salah El Din
11527 V 2857 Afak
12530 V 2857 Al Rai
11561 H 2600 8/9 MPEG-4 Drama/LDC
11567 V 3214 feed
11601 V 2170 Yemen today
11609 H 6200 data
11619 V 12500 Skylogic data
11645 V 1600 8/9 MPEG-4 feed
11651 V 1600 8/9 MPEG-4 feed
11652 V 2850 7/8 feed
11674 V 3214 MBC feed
11678 V 2850 7/8 Al Arabiya Al Hadath
11691 V 1447 MPEG-4 Azal Sat feed

Blind scan more stable without using DiSEqC motor control atm.

Drama / LDC new frequency 11478 H 2600 8/9 MPEG-4

New
Kuwait feed 11483 V 4000 Football:Oman v Bahrain

Hi Merliin,

New
Kuwait feed 11483 V 4000 Football:Oman v Bahrain

Thanks for the updates...

The feed transponder (above) keeps changing symbol rate... last night it was 3500 and the feed was 'Palmedia 1' ...but it's using exactly the same PID's

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again Merliin,

11.080 V [8888] 3/4 MPEG 4 (1080i)

PCO HD3 [VPID 0512/APID 4112/PPID 0512] FTA

beIN Sport feed

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Nothing here on that one Zorch ?
Picked up 11088 H 8888 last night Aljazeera Sport 1 HD

Feed signals in general are strong here.

Hi again Merliin,

beIN Sport feed

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Yes to no signal on that transponder here I even changed over to another receiver to double check maybe you are nearer to the coverage area than me ?

Now getting Adtec HDTV on 11090 V 5925 in 576i Aljazeera News Reports
89% Signal 46% Quality on TM6900HDCombo

(readings 25% higher on TM5402HD as the calibration is not the same)

TM5302HD Signal = 98% Quality = 38% on 11090

Last edited:
Hi again Merliin,

beIN Sport feed

Signal Quality is now fluctuating between 73% ~ 74%

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Back