New patch TM5402HD

Can a TM5402 owner answer this one.
When making a recording from epg, do you get the correct epg name in recording title?
I just get the date etc no title ie question time etc.
I get something like 1500032012...

Can a TM5402 owner answer this one.
When making a recording from epg, do you get the correct epg name in recording title?
I just get the date etc no title ie question time etc.
I get something like 1500032012...

Just checked ITV4 (FTA) and yes I did get the movie title recorded in spite of about two minutes advertising after the recording started and before the movie started. I looked through the EPG, high lighted the program (by pressing ok on the program) then pressed red to set the recording.

Last edited:
It is the same here. Usually the recording always starts 2 minutes before. And then when I press the file button and enter the password all the programms are there by there own names ie (Avatar, star wars...).
The only time I do not get the name of the program is when there is no information in the EPG menu.

Reading all your posts/ my suggestions.
After finishing a patch I always test each patch fully starting with factory reset and fresh scanning
I think you are using old/or default channel list.
Please upload your channel list let me test it.
When changing channel in >> H << signal will not reduce at all but from H to V will reduce about 5% will recover immediately
Signal should not disappear and return unless in very low symbol rate below 2000.

Hi PhantOm, I noticed an weekday afternoon HD feed from the usa over on Telstar12 (15w) 12573V S/R 2900 with a signal quality not below 74% using patch 117. The problem I get is it takes a while to lock on to the signal and seems to drop out very easily. Can the TM5402 not handle low symbol rates?

Hi PhantOm,

This is just one example of the 'Blind Search' feature missing/not finding a TP that has very strong Signal Strength/Signal Quality readings... the TP's parameters had to be added manually...

The satellite is Eutelsat 25A at 25.5°E

Picture 1
'Motorized Settings' menu... tweaked dish for optimum 'Signal Strength/Signal Quality on TP

11.039 V [1534] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 96%
Signal Quality 84%

Picture 2
Advanced Search' menu... about to scan TP and download channels

Picture 3
The channels have downloaded successfully... TV channels 0 / Radio channels 6

Picture 4
Showing a downloaded channel on screen with info bar
As you can see... there is no problem locking onto this TP when the parameters are added manually

Picture 5
'Blind Search' menu... showing the parameters I used to 'Blind' scan for this TP

Result of 'Blind Search'... no TP was found within the specified parameters... this TP was also 'not found' on a full 'Blind' scan no matter which 'Step' setting was employed... I have 'Blind' scanned for this particular TP about 20-30 times in total... and it has never been found by 'Blind Search'.

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Another example of the blind scan on the TM5402HD not able to pick up an active transponder on Telstar 11N @ 37.5 west
11062V 2040 Dove Vision id= DVB-Server this is active 24/7 the Blind Scan on the TM5402HD cannot find this feed with the current software even using the lowest step blind scan available,
When added manually the signal bars give a signal of 92% & quality of 70% very steady signal.

I take it from reading all feedback comments that there is no benefit in updating latest patch.

I take it from reading all feedback comments that there is no benefit in updating latest patch.

I dont think it's a big deal either way, maybe PhantOm will give you a better answer than me as he is the guy thats really in the know. I'm happy with patch 117 and will stick to it for now. I did instal 118 but found no big changes as far as the way I use my receiver but in the end it's only a few minutes for you to install and check it out if you want to. Whatever you do back up your channels list as you need to do two factory resets and your channels WILL be erased in the process.

I think your reply is just not needed or called for make a pach yourself then

I think your reply is just not needed or called for make a pach yourself then

@manleemick
I dont know if this post is intended for me, if it is I was in no way attempting to belittle PhantOm's work and I am sorry if it read that way to you.
If it was aimed at me then all I did was give linslademan my honest opinion about the latest patch and as far as I know we are all entitled to our own opinion's.
It might surprise you to know that during my working life I have written software for a number of processors and I would be quite happy to try to write for the 5402, in order to write for any processor you need the development tools and it is very unlikely that whoever has them would be willing to release them to anyone else.
Could be you misread my post?

WE WANT ,,, why don't you try and do a patch yourself I stead of replying with I'm not happy and we want if he didn't do
A patch what would ya do then respect others who put in there time to code and patch and applaud them instead of knocking them
Manleemick on here
Mickyrobbo on others

WE WANT ,,, why don't you try and do a patch yourself I stead of replying with I'm not happy and we want if he didn't do
A patch what would ya do then respect others who put in there time to code and patch and applaud them instead of knocking them
Manleemick on here
Mickyrobbo on others

@manleemick
Ok I take it your post was not aimed at me as you will never have seen and never will see a post from me demanding anything. I do greatly respect the work of members who provide our software updates but in honesty when you see posts from other members asking IF a feature could be added then there is no reason to take such an aggressive attitude toward the poster.
Remember many members on all forums do not have a lot of technical knowledge so they ask questions, and in honesty there's nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of subjects that I know nothing about and if I need to I ask then I ask someone that does know.
I'm sure that when PhantOm is ready he will reply, I'm also sure that he takes in all our requests and if an when he can implement some he will.

@manleemick
Ok I take it your post was not aimed at me as you will never have seen and never will see a post from me demanding anything. I do greatly respect the work of members who provide our software updates but in honesty when you see posts from other members asking IF a feature could be added then there is no reason to take such an aggressive attitude toward the poster.
Remember many members on all forums do not have a lot of technical knowledge so they ask questions, and in honesty there's nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of subjects that I know nothing about and if I need to I ask then I ask someone that does know.
I'm sure that when PhantOm is ready he will reply, I'm also sure that he takes in all our requests and if an when he can implement some he will.
No mate not you just read a reply and think the poster linslademan was rude I tried to quote his post but not working on iPhone for some reason

@manleemick what's wrong with this post????
I would not upgrade after reading all the feedback if i had the 5402 with all my respect to all members.
Rgds

I would not upgrade after reading all the feedback if i had the 5402 with all my respect to all members.
Rgds

Well said mate, I think the same theme applies to most of the responses to the latest patches - its not always a matter of 'confronting' the patchmakers either, as how else would they know how their firmware is performing but for WE actual users?
In the old days with smart card/cam updates the poster was always EXPECTED to state 'as tested by myself', bur nowadays its not that simple with all the variables on a theme!
I do agree its not acceptable to be downright rude the them - I seemed to upset Phantom recently - quite unintentionally I hasten to add - but I did apologise very sincerely to him as its certainly doesnt pay to upset the 'hand which feeds you', but as with many of us it can be mega frustrating to feel we are not properly being listened to?:drink:

Rgds

Thanks for the positive comment thijss26.
Hi Manleemick ,didn't realise that asking for technical support could be considered to be rude by some members these days.
I read feedback from senior members who themselves are unsure about new patch so wanted reassurance on what do as I am not particularly technically gifted as perhaps you are matey!
I would never be rude to the Phantom team ,we all know that they spend a huge amount of hours trying to improve the Technomate receivers.
I just gave an honest opinion that I was disappointed with the new patch, especially as it was the Phantom team that started the thread asking members on requirement needs for future patches.

Again and with no disrespect to PhantOm or anybody else I would like to see more detailed notes when a new patch is released. After all the hard work the software team put into a patch it's a pity that the accompanying notes can be somewhat lacking in detail.
I realize that the bulk of the work goes into the software and this is how things should be but maybe 10 minutes more could be spared in writing up the improvements.

Again and with no disrespect to PhantOm or anybody else I would like to see more detailed notes when a new patch is released. After all the hard work the software team put into a patch it's a pity that the accompanying notes can be somewhat lacking in detail.
I realize that the bulk of the work goes into the software and this is how things should be but maybe 10 minutes more could be spared in writing up the improvements.

True mate, then at least we'd know exactly WHAT we are supposed to be benefitting from, instead of having to guess and then get frustrated with not finding anything new!:grayno:

Lets get this straight so we all understand shall we, No members on here write any TM patches.
The patches you get are from the coders of the receivers, nothing to do with any member here.

Re: New patch TM5402HD 2nd ver 1.18p issued 19th March 2012

Testing new patch second issue of 1.18p blind scan still finding 45,000 when low symbol rate in use,

Low symbol rates below 2500 not being pick up in blind scan even adding low symbol rate with this software version took 5 attempts before I could successfully load due to slow response of active transponders with 1.18p software,

Dove Vision on 37.5 west 11062V 2040 DVB-S transponder loaded manually,

Back to ver 1.17p this responds & locks onto the active transponders far quicker than either versions on 1.18p,

Thanks again for your continued support for this receiver hopefully the next version will be more productive finding low symbol rates in the Blind Scan Search.

Back