New patch TM5402HD

Re: New patch TM5402HD 2nd ver 1.18p issued 19th March 2012

Hi Phantom et al,

I was about to post a report... but it seems Merliin has beat me to it... anyway I've done it now...

I applied the latest TM 5402 HD Phantompatch in the Download Centre...

Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_118p_19-03-2012.stb
Size: 6.48 MB (6,797,988 bytes)

The date is different on the new 118 patch... but it seems to be exactly the same as the previous patch...

Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_118p_16-03-2012.stb

I did noticed that after I had applied the new 118 patch... and then looked in the 'System Information' menu... the S/W Version still said 1.18p [March 16 2012]

My Test Results...

The 'Blind Search' scanner works no differently to how it did on the previous patch... and unfortunately there's still no additional S/R Search in the Blind Search menu... and the Signal Strength/Signal Quality meter is still only showing readings for active TP's... so (as before) if you are in the Advanced Search menu and go to a TP that has no signal lock... the Signal Quality reading still only shows the amount of Signal Quality as between 5% - 9%

On all patches before 118 ...you could actually see how close you were to a signal lock by how high the Signal Quality reading went on any TP (red bars obviously) ...but now there is no way of knowing...

I also checked the C+NL channels again and they all still say... 'Scrambled Channel' ...all other packages/channels that I tested (that were open on previous patches) seemed to be working OK... however... I cannot comment about the online side of the patch regarding CS/Cccam/SSSP etc etc ...as I have never gone down that road... I will leave that to someone who knows what they're talking about...

à la Merliin... I mainly use my TM 5402 HD for 'Fringe Reception' and Feedhunting... and as a consequence... the need to have a really sensitive/accurate Blind Search scanner is very important... the TM 5402 HD is already blessed with one of the best/most sensitive tuners you could find in any satellite receiver... if only the Blind Search scanner was as good as the tuner...

@Phantom
I would also like to echo the comments made by Merliin... and thank you for you continued support for all of the Technomate receivers... it is much appreciated mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:

Hi Phantom et al,

I was about to post a report... but it seems Merliin has beat me to it... anyway I've done it now...

I applied the latest TM 5402 HD Phantompatch in the Download Centre...

Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_118p_19-03-2012.stb

The date is different on the new 118 patch... but it seems to be exactly the same as the previous patch...

Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_118p_16-03-2012.stb

I did noticed that after I had applied the new 118 patch... and then looked in the 'System Information' menu... the S/W Version still said 1.18p [March 16 2012]

My Test Results...

The 'Blind Search' scanner works no differently to how it did on the previous patch... and unfortunately there's still no additional S/R Search in the Blind Search menu... and the Signal Strength/Signal Quality meter is still only showing readings for active TP's... so (as before) if you are in the Advanced Search menu and go to a TP that has no signal lock... the Signal Quality reading still only shows the amount of Signal Quality as between 5% - 9%

On all patches before 118 ...you could actually see how close you were to a signal lock by how high the Signal Quality reading went on any TP (red bars obviously) ...but now there is no way of knowing...

I also checked the C+NL channels again and they all still say... 'Scrambled Channel' ...all other packages/channels that I tested (that were open on previous patches) seemed to be working OK... however... I cannot comment about the online side of the patch regarding CS/Cccam/SSSP etc etc ...as I have never gone down that road... I will leave that to someone who knows what they're talking about...

à la Merliin... I mainly use my TM 5402 HD for 'Fringe Reception' and Feedhunting... and as a consequence... the need to have a really sensitive/accurate Blind Search scanner is very important... the TM 5402 HD is already blessed with one of the best/most sensitive tuners you could find in any satellite receiver... if only the Blind Search scanner was as good as the tuner...

@Phantom
I would also like to echo the comments made by Merliin... and thank you for you continued support for all of the Technomate receivers... it is much appreciated mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

It does seem to me that we are all saying much the same things anout ALL the recent patches, that they do NOT seem to be changing anything from patch to patch (but we dont actually KNOW as nothing said with each patch) - so it really DOES have to be asked that what is the real point to these new patches if they change NOTHING?

The only cast iron CERTAIN thing we can say to Phantom regards the TM6000HD Super Series patches is that patch

737P DOES open C Ned on 19E - whereas NO patches since (738P, 739P, 740P, 741P, 742P,743P and 744P) manage it - plus all the other quirks we've all requested!:Boo:

Hi PhantOm et al,

Apologies in advance to anyone who finds this type of pursuit uninteresting/boring...

@phantom
To give you some kind of idea what I (and several others) use the TM 5402 HD for... take a look at the Fringe Reception report I posted on the forum yesterday morning... it shows another TP/channel that the Blind Search scanner could not find... I had to enter this one manually... but the post also highlights how good/sensitive the TM 5402 HD tuner really is...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/283436/

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:

hi guys
The 5402 owners might be able to tell me if there is a menu button on the front of the reciever and if not how do you get into the tm's loader menu
to do a hard factory reset wich will clear out the flash memory completely?
Usualy would be switch off at the back and switch back on while holding menu button.

Back