new oscam server, freezing/glitching some chans

the actual server box, ive taken off all of the hd channels, from the bouquet, and it seems to be running a bit better, still have the odd sd channel on the server box freeze completely though, but if i switch to the next channel then back, it clears again.
madness, does anyone know if this could be an oscam config problem, or is it just the reader in the box? or maybe the box is just rubbish lol.

anyone know what the tuner amplitude should be set to on the dm800 pro, to acheive best results with hd channels?

the problem i have is only with hd channels, its so frustrating, i dont have a glitch at all watching my dm500, so it has to be something to do with the server box clearing hd chans.

anyone know what the tuner amplitude should be set to on the dm800 pro, to acheive best results with hd channels?

the problem i have is only with hd channels, its so frustrating, i dont have a glitch at all watching my dm500, so it has to be something to do with the server box clearing hd chans.

Tuner amplitude has no bearing on oscam or even cccam as you well know people run CS through all types Receivers and PC/laptop with no sat feed, the problem you have is with the configuration

Tuner amplitude has no bearing on oscam or even cccam as you well know people run CS through all types Receivers and PC/laptop with no sat feed, the problem you have is with the configuration

ok there is fair point made there, but i dont "well know", do i, or i wouldnt be asking for anyone elses advice!

i found an old post here, https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281050/ ,

and in it, a few people had stopped the freezing/glitching on dm800 hd channels, by changing the tuner amplitude.

if your so sure its something to do with my configueration, could you advise me what the problem could be?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok there is fair point made there, but i dont "well know", do i, or i wouldnt be asking for anyone elses advice!

i found an old post here, https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281050/ ,

and in it, a few people had stopped the freezing/glitching on dm800 hd channels, by changing the tuner amplitude.

if your so sure its something to do with my configueration, could you advise me what the problem could be?

Those issues generally relate to older Dreambox 800HD clones with tuner Revs older then Rev M. It's not a tuner issue if your clients are also having the same problems. Tuner /cabling/LNB/Dish Alignment issues would manifest themselves in High BER, Low SNR etc.. to rule out the internal card reader you could try a USB card reader like Smargo and see if the issue still occurs.
Alternatively you could also reflash with a clean image, dont install any unneccesary plugins just install Oscam and your channel list, just to see if this helps, maybe you have excessive CPU or Memory Utilisation from some random plugin..

Last edited by a moderator:
gsmtech makes some very good points there but as you say you are using the DM800 as a server so i assumed it was doing nothing else ie: main satellite receiver for viewing as well. If so then a clean image install with minimal plugins and just Oscam should cure it, But the last few days i have seen plenty of reports of High ECM spikes on a certain card so if i was you i would look towards changing to something a lot faster like a used laptop/PC for using with a dedicated Smargo or even better an Omnikey.

Back