new oscam server, freezing/glitching some chans

mirallas

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, im hoping for a bit of advice from some of you more experienced oscam users. i recently changed my server from cccam to oscam, because of the obvious channels not clearing anymore, and cccam running into trouble more and more these days.

first of all, i did have a lot of help in doing this, so dont totally understand what all of the files do yet, but i am doing a lot of reading and researching on this fantastic site.

i have a strange problem though, i am using my dm800hd to read my uk card (full subs), and act as server. but in the house i also have two client boxes that we watch.

now ive noticed over the last few days, that certain channels glitch and freeze a lot. weird thing is, its not the ones you would expect to, ie movies/sport etc, theyre fine.
its mainly the freeview chans in hd, like itv+hd, bbchd, e4hd. and its always them ones.

as i said, ive done a lot of searching around, and cant seem to find anyone whos had a similar problem.

i did ask someone about it, and they told me it could be something in the dvbapi file that isnt right? or the clock speed?

this is the speed im running in oscam server

[reader]
label = ***uk
description = ***card
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
detect = cd
caid = 0963:000000
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 357
group = 1
emmcache = 1
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-g = 1

does this seem right?

any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
just a bit more info i missed out,

my internet is virgin 30meg fibreoptic, router is in modem mode and running through to my netgear router, then hard wired to server and client boxes.

my server has approx 20 clients, without reshare.

my card is uk full package with hd and espn.

my incoming ecms are minimal, roughly 40000 per 24 hours, and server is on a timer to reboot at 5am every morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
later versions of oscam will set its own clock speed on a white uk card....and I dont think that the dvbapi file has anything to do with the feeeview chans. its for clearing the premium chans on the box that the card is in...

from what you say.. it seems to be freeview HD chans... I would look more at your cable & lnb??

If they are free to air channels then it won't be anything to do with the server as the card isn't needed to open them, what sort of signal are you getting? Maybe the dish isn't quite aligned properly?

Sent from my telephone.

hi mate, they arent really freeview are they? , so to speak, as theyre hd channels. my other clients with cheap dreambox sd boxes arent having any glitching at all on those channels. the ones i have observed doing it are e4hd, itv4hd.

but as i say, i was watching sky movies hd all last evening and that was fine.

im going to go to my dads later on, and have a good look at his.

i think i might have found the culprit here, ive just done a speed test on my net, and noticed my broadband speed is down to around 10meg, from 25ish.

hmmmm, could that be as im running it in modem mode then through to my seperate router?

these virgin superhubs are a right pain in the arse.

That's still fast enough,
Have you tried a ping test?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

soz for late reply, got a new born. yeah mate, done a ping test, getting 15ms on it and around 15 meg download speed.

one thing i did notice though, is that one of the channels that was sticking a bit, was E ent chan, so i deleted it and put in another one from the scan, and that one seems cool.

i dont have any problem at all on my dm500 clients boxes, its just the hd ones, and it only seems to be the freeview hd, like bbc hd, itv1 hd e4 hd. its crazy.

That's still fast enough,
Have you tried a ping test?

i have a hunch this is a card reader problem. tonight ive actually been watching the server box, upstairs. i noticed every now and again, a channel would completely freeze, then go black screen on me.

i could flick off onto another channel and that would be fine, the only way i could get the stuck channel back would be to reboot the server box.

im thinking this freezing and glitching on the client boxes then comes because theyre actually watching a bad share at hop 2 on that channel?????

has anyone ever had this sort of problem, with paid for channels on the card sticking? im thinking now, if i can solve this, i solve the glitching on my client boxes.

are the hd boxes clone boxes and what tuners are in them as pre m tuners have problems with hd channels

you need to log oscam obviously. are you getting any high ecm's from the card? is your card getting flooded with emm's?

yeah they are clones i think, the box im serving off is a dm800 pro, with sim 2.10 tuner{m}. but a couple of my mates are using cheap openboxes as client to the server and theyre having freezing on some channels as well.
are the hd boxes clone boxes and what tuners are in them as pre m tuners have problems with hd channels

its not bad at all, in a full 24 hours, its getting around 60,000. im just going through anything it could be and eliminating that from the enquiry now. haha.

tommorow, im going to go back to just using my virgin superhub on its own. give that another go i think, i was getting 30 meg speed on that, but since i put it into modem mode, and ran my old netgear off it, its gone down to 10 meg.

im also going to pick up a timer switch for it tommorow, because ive noticed the card is red hot when i take it out. i can at least set it to turn off for a couple of hours about 4am.

weather u got 10meg or 100meg will make no difference, it the latancy from the www that counts

yeah its not made a difference anyway, going back to my virgin superhub. im watching ssn, read from the card , in the server box, and its glitching like mad.

starting to wonder if its the card reader again now, going round in circles.

when they glitch what ECM times are displaying in oscam logs?

can you post some of your logs when it happens?

Guys I have un approved the last two posts, you are posting too much info regarding a certain Uk provider,

Please be careful what you post ;)

ok wiz im sorry mate, wont happen again.
Guys I have un approved the last two posts, you are posting too much info regarding a certain Uk provider,

Please be careful what you post ;)

ok, next time it freezes on the server box, i,ll check the log and post what it says here

ok wiz im sorry mate, wont happen again.

No worries m8, we just have to be careful :)

If you really need to post detailed logs etc try star out the references to a certain providor ;)

Also remember what goes through pm stays in pm :)

Back